Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Are you not able to have your own opinion?
    I do, it just happens to be backed by the professionals.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      My premise is only that DD and JV might "shave" their salary expectations to accommodate further roster moves. And so you might - might - trade Demarre for a pick(s), or CoJo and T-Ross (rather than Demar), say, to the end of acquiring a premier 3 or 4. Or CoJo might "prove out" and you might move KL.

Or you could move Demar.

But Masai might have more to think about than just moving Demar, no?

(Noone liked the Simpsons reference ... not even the image? Tough crowd
      No one is debating the options available, merely the validity of each and every one of them.

So why would you trade all your depth just to keep demar at a huge salary with skills, as has been pointed out ad naseum, that are not typically suited for a number 2 or 3.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Just before you get flamed, to be fair a lot of analysts think he's league average as well. Although some also think he's a star (like BBallBreakdown for example)
        OMG. Et tu, Brute? (tho I realize your remark is for balance .... and prophylaxis

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          No one is debating the options available, merely the validity of each and every one of them.

So why would you trade all your depth just to keep demar at a huge salary with skills, as has been pointed out ad naseum, that are not typically suited for a number 2 or 3.
          Because having high end talent is more important than depth?

Comment

• Talent trumps everything. We saw that first hand in the Eastern Conference finals.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
              Because you refuse to know that DD is a league average player. Which is a pretty awesome accomplishment for which he deserves to be paid millions of dollars. A league average amount of millions of dollars.
              DD is so average that he somehow became our number one option (check his usage) by default and made the all-star team in 2015 as a 24 year old. I will not mention anything to do with getting picked to play for Team USA becomes that's irrelevant.

I can tell your an average poster. Not very knowledgeable, not dumb either....just average.

Demar will get paid much more than the average player because he's clearly better than the average player.

The average player doesn't have his usage or responsibilities.
              The average player doesn't have loyalty to the city and the fans of Toronto.
              The average player doesn't rack up 481 pages in their own thread (especially on RR) .

Friendly bet on him making much more than the league average? If he makes another all-star team this year, and gets paid 20+ million per year, will you admit that he's not your average player? Maybe i can get you to finally change your awful avatar.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                DD is so average that he somehow became our number one option (check his usage) by default and made the all-star team in 2015 as a 24 year old. I will not mention anything to do with getting picked to play for Team USA becomes that's irrelevant.

I can tell your an average poster. Not very knowledgeable, not dumb either....just average.

Demar will get paid much more than the average player because he's clearly better than the average player.

The average player doesn't have his usage or responsibilities.
                The average player doesn't have loyalty to the city and the fans of Toronto.
                The average player doesn't rack up 481 pages in their own thread (especially on RR) .

Friendly bet on him making much more than the league average? If he makes another all-star team this year, and gets paid 20+ million per year, will you admit that he's not your average player? Maybe i can get you to finally change your awful avatar.
                Tbh this begs the question.

If the Raps don't re-sign DeRozan what the fuck are we gonna talk about on here lol?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  NBA Players: His their best player

NBA coaches: His an All-Star/Team USA membet

RR posters: His league average at best

I'm going to go with the ppl that do this for a living
                  OH
                  MY
                  GOD

Still with that nonsense.

Allstar selection is chalked up to
                  1) Injuries
                  2) team was winning had to pick someone, and there that kids name who was in the dunk contest, and look he gets 20ppg. there lets go with him.

Team USA holds NO VALUE on ANYTHING to do with the nba.

Christian Fucking Laetner made the dream team.

And at the summer league I am assuming you mean about the best player thing, it just says players surveyed at summer league. I dont think Lebron, or KD or Paul or Wade or Bosh or whoever else I don't feel like typing was in on that survey. So take that with a grain of salt. And for Proof? Author would have said "I sat down with Lebron James and some other players at summer league" the poll was given to guys out of college, here from Europe etc.

Comment

Trading (i.e.) Demarre Carroll for a pick(s) to free up $15M (to accommodate a premiere free agent) is not trading "all your depth".

Comment

Because having high end talent is more important than depth?
                      Just like the Knicks over the past 15 years...

Comment

OH
                        MY
                        GOD

Still with that nonsense.

Allstar selection is chalked up to
                        1) Injuries
                        2) team was winning had to pick someone, and there that kids name who was in the dunk contest, and look he gets 20ppg. there lets go with him.

Team USA holds NO VALUE on ANYTHING to do with the nba.

Christian Fucking Laetner made the dream team.

And at the summer league I am assuming you mean about the best player thing, it just says players surveyed at summer league. I dont think Lebron, or KD or Paul or Wade or Bosh or whoever else I don't feel like typing was in on that survey. So take that with a grain of salt. And for Proof? Author would have said "I sat down with Lebron James and some other players at summer league" the poll was given to guys out of college, here from Europe etc.
                        Ahemmmmmm!
                        Pfffft! Pfffft! Pffffft!
                        MASON.
                        F*CKING.
                        PLUMLEE.

'NUFF SAID.

#Proved'Em

Comment

Tbh this begs the question.

If the Raps don't re-sign DeRozan what the fuck are we gonna talk about on here lol?
                          Championships.

Comment

Just like the Knicks over the past 15 years...
                            The Knicks have one high-end talent right now... Melo. Prior to Melo and Amar'e being there they had zero. Not sure how this is relevant.

Getting a high-end starter at each position is much more valuable than having a few extra depth guys. Depth is one of the more replaceable things in the league especially when you have a GM who is known for shrewd draft picks and his ability to find cheap gems in free agency.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                              Trading (i.e.) Demarre Carroll for a pick(s) to free up $15M (to accommodate a premiere free agent) is not trading "all your depth".
                              that is not enough for starters.

And again, it is idiotic to make that trade because AGAIN:

1) Demarre Carroll is a superior shooter
                              2) Demarre Carroll is a vastly superior defender
                              **note**In case you missed it, those are the 2 biggest traits teams need to play beside a "superstar" as opposed to a guy who defends "below average" shoots "poorly" and really gets to the line at a every good rate making him at lest average offensively.
                              3) cheaper contract by 8-9 million.

Keeping more assets, adding a premier free agent, and still having a money to spend.

I will post the hypotheical again for a visual aid.

Lowry/Cujo
                              Demar/Powell
                              KD/JJ
                              Scola/
                              JV/Biyombo

(that would free up about enough salary and youth/picks to get KD)

or

Lowry/Cujo
                              Wright
                              KD/Ross/Powell
                              Carroll/Bruno
                              Ppat/Scola
                              JV/Bebe/Biyombo

Plus still keep some of the picks.

Comment

The Knicks have one high-end talent right now... Melo. Prior to Melo and Amar'e being there they had zero. Not sure how this is relevant.

Getting a high-end starter at each position is much more valuable than having a few extra depth guys. Depth is one of the more replaceable things in the league especially when you have a GM who is known for shrewd draft picks and his ability to find cheap gems in free agency.
                                it is VERY relevant.

They had Amare, Chandler, Melo, Kidd(albeit towards the end of it all), Felton(who was a top 10 pg at the time) then absolutely nothing. Then what happended.....i thing goes wrong and they are in cap hell and fucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X