• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Ahemmmmmm!
    Pfffft! Pfffft! Pffffft!
    MASON.
    F*CKING.
    PLUMLEE.

'NUFF SAID.

#Proved'Em
    DEmar beat out guys like Hayward, parsons, and beal who people feel are better than him. Mason fuckin plumlee was on the team because there were no other big men available.
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      DEmar beat out guys like Hayward, parsons, and beal who people feel are better than him. Mason fuckin plumlee was on the team because there were no other big men available.
      That is a good point. But where they earn their pay and where we as fans obsess about is the NBA and the Raptors, in particular. In the NBA, those guys are much better players.

DD was on the team because Paul George nearly cracked his leg off.

Comment

That is a good point. But where they earn their pay and where we as fans obsess about is the NBA and the Raptors, in particular. In the NBA, those guys are much better players.

Cool to say this in hindsight, but many Raptors fans were picking Lillard, Hayward and Parsons to make it over DD and viewed him as having no chance of getting that last spot.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it you are dead wrong. After PG13 got hurt, the USA officials asked Rudy Gay to come in to replace him. If PG13 didn't get hurt that wouldn't have happened and DD still would've been on the team.
        Last edited by JWash; Fri Aug 7, 2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Still going around in circles I see lol
          Damn, I tried to get us out of this infinite shit tornado, but shit tornados do not let go.

Back to just skimming this thread for links. No link, no read.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            I thought I read that Parsons was banged up at the time.

And I dont know what the thought was in regards to Hayward, cause he is better than Demar at pretty much everything outside of getting to the line.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Damn, I tried to get us out of this infinite shit tornado, but shit tornados do not let go.

Back to just skimming this thread for links. No link, no read.
              Clicky Here

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                OH
                MY
                GOD

Still with that nonsense.

Allstar selection is chalked up to
                1) Injuries
                2) team was winning had to pick someone, and there that kids name who was in the dunk contest, and look he gets 20ppg. there lets go with him.
                Why are you allowed to determine what the Allstar game is chalked up to? I can buy the injuries thing, but how the hell are you going to say with confidence that his dunk contest participation and 20ppg were the sole reasons? I don't mind the debate but don't get up in arms about people using anecdotal evidence if you are just going to straight up speculate yourself.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                  Why are you allowed to determine what the Allstar game is chalked up to? I can buy the injuries thing, but how the hell are you going to say with confidence that his dunk contest participation and 20ppg were the sole reasons? I don't mind the debate but don't get up in arms about people using anecdotal evidence if you are just going to straight up speculate yourself.
                  they arent the sole reasons. As I clearly stated...

1) Injuries
                  2) 20ppg
                  3) winning team
                  4) lowry was viewed poorly at time
                  5) his name was recognizable cause he was in the dunk contest prior.

that is 5 reason, not a sole one.

Comment

naw that was gay who was only on the team because paul george nearly cracked his knee off.

He LITERALLY beat out lillard, beal, hayward, and parsons in the race for the final spot. theres really no argument there. it happpened
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• For the people that aren't giving DeRozan any credit for making the USA team, can you just explain why they decided to pick him?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        DD is so average that he somehow became our number one option (check his usage) by default and made the all-star team in 2015 as a 24 year old. I will not mention anything to do with getting picked to play for Team USA becomes that's irrelevant.

I can tell your an average poster. Not very knowledgeable, not dumb either....just average.

Demar will get paid much more than the average player because he's clearly better than the average player.

The average player doesn't have his usage or responsibilities.
                        The average player doesn't have loyalty to the city and the fans of Toronto.
                        The average player doesn't rack up 481 pages in their own thread (especially on RR) .

Friendly bet on him making much more than the league average? If he makes another all-star team this year, and gets paid 20+ million per year, will you admit that he's not your average player? Maybe i can get you to finally change your awful avatar.
                        tne reasonings for your average players doesnt is because
                        1) demar shouldnt
                        2) Demar doesnt, and who fucking cares either way
                        3) that is because of needing to debunk all these myths being created around the kid.

If some posters were left to their own devices there would be a church of demar., were there is always a clear path to the altar, and all services will end with.

"Long range two are the way to the promised land"
                        "below average D for the win"

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          For the people that aren't giving DeRozan any credit for making the USA team, can you just explain why they decided to pick him?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                          Team USA AGAIN!

serously, it doesnt matter.

I am sure he gets picked in the Drew league too, I dont care.

It is a pointless debate and hold no value in relation to the nba games, especially considering international play is different that NBA play.

Comment

• DeMar is going to be showcasing his new and improved 3-ball in Team USA tryouts, that's the only way he has a shot at making the team.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                              Team USA AGAIN!

serously, it doesnt matter.

I am sure he gets picked in the Drew league too, I dont care.

It is a pointless debate and hold no value in relation to the nba games, especially considering international play is different that NBA play.
                              Oh and 34 guys were selected.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                My only argument is he is not worth the contract he is bound to get. For various reasons, including his lack of above-average defence, his lack of efficiency in a primary scoring role, and his unproven ability to be an effective secondary scorer (which also ties into the defence argument as it becomes so much more important if he is guarding the best wing to save our new 1A guy for offence).

The context of these arguments, it is important to note, is based on his likely status as a max or near max contract earner. Obviously blemishes are to be expected in any player - but too many blemishes on a guy who will eat 25% of your cap can be pretty problematic in building a team.
                                As long as you can sign a better max player, its fine to let him go.

Comment

Working...
                                X