Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    LOL So you've taken it upon yourself to .. what?.. protect people from liking Demar? You're doing everyone a service, is that it? It's for our own good, that you feel the need to "debunk" everything that people like about that guy? Because god forbid we actually cheer for the non-perfect guys that wear our jersey and rep our city.
    i am charles darwin to the church of demar.

I will dispute all irrational claims if anyone. If someone posted that jv was gonna score 25/15 this season i would debunk that as well.

If everyone posted they lived demar for being the high value, low effecency, good at getting tovfreethrow line, likes tue city seems like a nice guy but not nearly worth 25 million a year i wouldnt need to debunk anything.

But claims that no one would come herewithout demar being here

Demar being an above average defender.

Demar being a hetter pairing with a kd than dc

Pay demar the money cause the caps going up anyways.

Demar is a very good shooter, ue just takes the wrong shots etc i just cant help myself.
    Last edited by Snooch; Sat Aug 8, 2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      "He will likely be on the outside looking in"...

That's what you guys said last year!

"Interestingly, if the Raps utilized DD like Team USA did last year, he would become more efficient"

You mean if the Raptors had better players? Players that could handle the role of a lead guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ofcourse Raps roster no way near Team USA but the way he attacks the rim is nice to watch and it would be nice to see more of that in lieu of long 2's during ISO heavy sets. He is capable is my point and either our offensive structure or his offensive mindset contributes to his inefficiency. Yes his role is different but perhaps more offensive sets that put him in a better position to attack the rim would be nice to see as clearly he is capable.

Comment

• TRex wrote:
        Snooch has already 867 posts and he's only been in this forum for about what, 2 months/3 months? all 867 of them are all about DeRozan. SMH.

There's a lot of DeRozan hater in this forum but that guy by far is the worst. Dude is OBSESSED lol. Borderline troll. Why people reply to his posts i have no idea.
        i have posted rebuttals against outright nontruths against what has been posted in his favour. That is not "trolling" that is debate.

And according to the forum rules and am completely within my rights as a poster to post disagreements that I even further support with numbers on my opinions in the matter.

The demar shit is in every damn thread, if I want to discuss Raptors Basketball it is inevitably going to be brought back around to Demar by someone. Whether in the JV thread, the Lowry thread, which If you opened your eyes you would see I have alot of posts.

Comment

• One thing that kind of irks me is that while it's fine to think DeRozan won't make the USA team or whatever (tbh I thought his chances weren't good last year, and for 2016 I think they're even lower)... but some you sound like you don't WANT him to make the team. To which I would ask why are you even a fan of this team if you aren't going to wish the best for the players on the roster?

Comment

• I find the argument that DD did well on Team USA an odd one. I mean, yeah, he did. But he was pretty much a 4th/5th option who mostly played garbage time minutes. Sure, if we can add three top tier players and as such end up laying DD like a 4th option or even a 6th man, I would also be optimistic about his ability to be a positive contributor. But if you don't expect that to happen (and obviously you shouldn't) I don't see what the Team USA experience showed us in terms of DD's ability to be a top option. Being able to be an efficient slasher in 10 minutes a game surrounded by superstars and defended by the opposing team's least effective defenders in games that for the most part are over before they start - that's not a situation I have an easy time projecting onto NBA success.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              I find the argument that DD did well on Team USA an odd one. I mean, yeah, he did. But he was pretty much a 4th/5th option who mostly played garbage time minutes. Sure, if we can add three top tier players and as such end up laying DD like a 4th option or even a 6th man, I would also be optimistic about his ability to be a positive contributor. But if you don't expect that to happen (and obviously you shouldn't) I don't see what the Team USA experience showed us in terms of DD's ability to be a top option. Being able to be an efficient slasher in 10 minutes a game surrounded by superstars and defended by the opposing team's least effective defenders in games that for the most part are over before they start - that's not a situation I have an easy time projecting onto NBA success.
              better watch out Dan, that kind of logic gets you called a Hater....

Comment

• making Team USA is the accomplishment not anything he did while he was there. If I was playing with 11 superstars, I would look pretty damn good myself
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• "slightly controversial opinion with no data to support alert"

I think a couple of things will lead to DeMar taking a significant jump this year

A strong consistent, lockdown defender at the 3 who shoots 40% from 3

A stretch four, who can pass the ball, guard his yard and shoots 40% from 3

If you combine that with a significant step forward from JV, DeRozan could hit record highs in FG% because the shots he takes will be a lot better.

If he is not exerting himself on offense as much and almost never guarding the other teams best player he can even pump up his value as a defender.

Horns functions really well when you got guys screening and popping that can hit 3s.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I think he has a chance. What's with all the negativity?? Get out of here with that.

Not clear to me on asking a logical question is being negative. Of course I hope he makes it because that will only help him to improve which will help the Raptors but looking at the 34 invites this week to mini-camp at Las Vegas I think he will have a very difficult time making the Olympic roster.

If USA basketball roster is 12 guys then locks to make team will be
                    1. LBJ
                    2. Steph Curry
                    3. Anthony Davis
                    4. James Harden
                    5. Carmelo Anthony
                    6. Klay Thompson
                    7. Kyrie Irving
                    8. Kevin Durant
                    9. Russell Westbrook
                    10. Kawahi Leonard
                    11. Centre either Dwight Howard or DeAndre Jordan

That leaves ONE roster spot ...

Of course injuries could be a factor but John Wall, Bradley Beal Kevin Love DD would be competing for last roster spot.

Comment

"He will likely be on the outside looking in"...

That's what you guys said last year!

"Interestingly, if the Raps utilized DD like Team USA did last year, he would become more efficient"

You mean if the Raptors had better players? Players that could handle the role of a lead guy?

Well, JV could certainly get more than his 17 front court touches per game. That would be a start.

You know who can't handle the roll of a lead guy night in and night out? DeRozan.

Do you know who is about to paid like one? Yup.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I find the argument that DD did well on Team USA an odd one. I mean, yeah, he did. But he was pretty much a 4th/5th option who mostly played garbage time minutes. Sure, if we can add three top tier players and as such end up laying DD like a 4th option or even a 6th man, I would also be optimistic about his ability to be a positive contributor. But if you don't expect that to happen (and obviously you shouldn't) I don't see what the Team USA experience showed us in terms of DD's ability to be a top option. Being able to be an efficient slasher in 10 minutes a game surrounded by superstars and defended by the opposing team's least effective defenders in games that for the most part are over before they start - that's not a situation I have an easy time projecting onto NBA success.
                        Especially at $20+M per year.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          making Team USA is the accomplishment not anything he did while he was there. If I was playing with 11 superstars, I would look pretty damn good myself
                          thead I think you look pretty good regardless.... at least I imagine you looking pretty good in a non-sexual manner.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                            Here, I made this for you all:

Enjoy!
                            OK now I think THAT'S funny!! ("efficiency shmefficiency"!!)

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              LOL So you've taken it upon yourself to .. what?.. protect people from liking Demar? You're doing everyone a service, is that it? It's for our own good, that you feel the need to "debunk" everything that people like about that guy? Because god forbid we actually cheer for the non-perfect guys that wear our jersey and rep our city.
                              Amen.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                Do you really think DD will make 2016 Olympic roster ?
                                Isn't it a much, much bigger honour to get an invite, to a squad like that, than it is a disgrace to get "cut"? Literally a dream that not even a veteran NBA'er can gainsay.

Beyond that, "Que Sera, Scola"

(I actually think they're so deep, and so secure, that they can rotate guys at some positions, year-on-year, just to be fair and decent. There may be three guys who deserve it. If you've ever coached you know how tough these decisions can be ...).

Comment

Working...
                                X