X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Why pay Lowry when we have CoJo? #FreeCoJo
    Serious question, no snark....

Would you be keen on #freeJoseph if he didn't have canadian passport?

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Serious question, no snark....

Would you be keen on #freeJoseph if he didn't have canadian passport?
      Yep. I think he's going to be special.
      But I've also followed him since he was in Highschool, so slight fandom bias.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        they would have to take a 50%+ pay cut each, you actually think they will do that? and the bench would still need gutted.
        Lowry 12 million
        Demar 13 million
        DC 15 million
        JV 10 million
        KD 28 million

that is 77 million of your 90 cap there. so that leaves 13 million to fill the bench. So find a bench on a championship team whose number 6-15 men cost 15 million or less. And that is if JV agrees to a 10 million and DD a 12 million dollar contract.

Or you can let some guys go,

Lowry 12 million
        DD 22 million(slight pay cut)
        KD 28 million
        Ppat 7 million
        JV 14 million (slight pay cut)

that is 83 million in the starting lineup but you bench isnt completely gutted, lets say you keep wright and Biyombo and the NYK pick and Powell. You have about 3 million capspace after adding the pick to sign a player in free agency and a lineup of

Lowry/Wright
        DD/Powell
        KD/
        Ppat/pick
        JV/Biyombo

Not a championship team, no sixth man.

and you think that is more reasonable moving forward than

Lowry/Cujo/Wright
        KD/Powell
        Carroll/Ross/Bruno
        Ppat/Pick
        JV/Bebe/Biyombo

with a starting lineup costing about 77 million, so the same cost as scenario 1, but without unrealistically getting 2 of your starters to take a 50% paycut. And that isnt going back into the debate that DC fits beside KD better than DD does
        KD's contract would start at approximately 25M for the record, not 28. Also I'm not sure you fully understand how the cap works.

For some reason I can't go on Shamsports, I guess they're making updates to the site. These numbers might be a bit inaccurate, but I'm gonna try and outline how getting KD would work if we intended to keep DD, JV, etc.

Let's say the Raptors meet KD and he eventually says he wants to play for the team. At that point I think the logical move would first be to renounce rights to any non-core free agents (excluding draft picks) leaving us with:

Kyle Lowry: $12,000,000
        DeRozan cap hold: $14,250,000
        DeMarre: $14,200,000
        JV Cap Hold: $11,651,205
        Bruno:$1,324,700
        Delon: $1,577,280
        Knicks/Nuggs 2016 1st: $2,568,600 (According to DanH's sticky the cap hold is less than this, but I'll just use this number)
        2Pat: $6,050,000
        CoJo: ~$7,000,000 (I'm not sure where to find the exact number here)
        Total: $70,761,785

So we'd be left with approximately 20M in cap room, which is not enough to sign Durant. Now... if you were to trade Corey Joseph elsewhere (or 2Pat) you would now have room for Durant (I'm not including roster charges, I realize that so this isn't perfect). And then you could go over the cap to actually sign JV and DD to whatever necessary

So in theory we COULD walk out of 2016 FA with

Lowry
        DeRozan
        Carroll
        Durant
        Valanciunas

Delon Wright
        Bruno Caboclo
        Corey Joseph or Patrick Patterson
        2016 Knicks 1st round pick

And we'd still have some exceptions and minimums to use to fill out the roster.

Comment

• I hate all of you
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            I hate all of you
            Shut up.

*LOL I love the half-sarcasm.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              KD's contract would start at approximately 25M for the record, not 28. Also I'm not sure you fully understand how the cap works.

For some reason I can't go on Shamsports, I guess they're making updates to the site. These numbers might be a bit inaccurate, but I'm gonna try and outline how getting KD would work if we intended to keep DD, JV, etc.

Let's say the Raptors meet KD and he eventually says he wants to play for the team. At that point I think the logical move would first be to renounce rights to any non-core free agents (excluding draft picks) leaving us with:

Kyle Lowry: $12,000,000
              DeRozan cap hold: $14,250,000
              DeMarre: $14,200,000
              JV Cap Hold: $11,651,205
              Bruno:$1,324,700
              Delon: $1,577,280
              Knicks/Nuggs 2016 1st: $2,568,600 (According to DanH's sticky the cap hold is less than this, but I'll just use this number)
              2Pat: $6,050,000
              CoJo: ~$7,000,000 (I'm not sure where to find the exact number here)
              Total: $70,761,785

So we'd be left with approximately 20M in cap room, which is not enough to sign Durant. Now... if you were to trade Corey Joseph elsewhere (or 2Pat) you would now have room for Durant (I'm not including roster charges, I realize that so this isn't perfect). And then you could go over the cap to actually sign JV and DD to whatever necessary

So in theory we COULD walk out of 2016 FA with

Lowry
              DeRozan
              Carroll
              Durant
              Valanciunas

Delon Wright
              Bruno Caboclo
              Corey Joseph or Patrick Patterson
              2016 Knicks 1st round pick

And we'd still have some exceptions and minimums to use to fill out the roster.
              and a bloated payroll of over 100 million. that is a possibility sure, so is getting stuck by lighting while getting a bj from scarjo on a pile a money in the middle of the ocean. a completly unrealistic scenario.

Comment

and a bloated payroll of over 100 million. that is a possibility sure, so is getting stuck by lighting while getting a bj from scarjo on a pile a money in the middle of the ocean. a completly unrealistic scenario.
                A "bloated" payroll of over 100M on a roster set to contend for the title for the next 5+ years that STILL has upside with several draft picks on the bench and a 23 year old starting center? How is that an undesirable situation?

Comment

Funny, weren't you just speaking about people dismissing legitimate arguments? Lol

Why is that "completely unrealistic" when the Cap is already set to be over 100 Million in 2 years?
                  Last edited by Joey; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

A lot of those can easily be debated with reasonable arguments though, as have been ad nauseam, so for you to call them "ridiculous" just makes it that much more difficult for anyone to want to have any sort of debate with you on the issue.

1) Dwane Casey
                    2) "Subpar" is debatable. He's been VERY good at times, and not so good at times. Doesn't help that his teammates are mostly subpar and the system was a disaster last year.
                    3) NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HE WILL GET. Both camps have already come out and refuted the rumours.
                    4) Not true. When he has targets to pass to, he does. If they flee to the other side of the court, he doesn't.
                    5) Not sure why you combine Dribbling skills with ability to score in isolation here, but once again, I'd say his ISO game is absolutely above average, but regardless, that's on Casey and the System being run. And his dribbling has improved massively as well.
                    6) ...Dwane Casey
                    7) Massively Debateable. You don't know what other Superstars desire .. considering KD was at OVO fest with Demar, it's not a reach to think maybe KD just likes the guy and wants to play with him?
                    8) That's your opinion. Some people may choose to use that criteria when Valuing. I don't think its crazy to think that Coaches and GM will consider those things as well ...

And you're trying to tell me all of the above is "Ridiculous"? If so, then we really have nothing to talk about on the matter.

Just as you've stated, you can't push the above aside and dismiss it as "Dick Sucking" or "Church of Derozan" or whatever childish shit people have come up with either.
                    ok, so casey is to blame for everything, and the rest is speculation.

there that must be it.

my god..........

although demar defense was subpar with vdifferent coaches, so that must be on the teammates....

Comment

Funny, weren't you just speaking about people dismissing legitimate arguments? Lol

Why is that "completely unrealistic" when the Cap is already set to be over 100 Million in 2 years?
                      seiously? do i really need to spell it out for you? or is this just an attempt at baiting?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        A "bloated" payroll of over 100M on a roster set to contend for the title for the next 5+ years that STILL has upside with several draft picks on the bench and a 23 year old starting center? How is that an undesirable situation?
                        so you think a team with 1 frontcourtplayer is competing for chip fornext 5 years? seriously?

Comment

seiously? do i really need to spell it out for you? or is this just an attempt at baiting?
                          ... Baiting? I don't bait... So yes, please do spell it out for my simple, feeble brain.

Though, honestly, with the way you "debate" I really don't have much time to continue this discussion with you.

Comment

Yeah at this point, Snooch is really, really tempting me to tag him with the "hater" label. I dislike using that label because it tends to derail discussions, but how anyone can be against the scenario I proposed now is beyond me.

Comment

... Baiting? I don't bait... So yes, please do spell it out for my simple, feeble brain.

Though, honestly, with the way you "debate" I really don't have much time to continue this discussion with you.
                              why the insulting. your supposed to be a mod.

Comment

why the insulting. your supposed to be a mod.
                                Who's insulting? I don't see a single insult there.
                                Last edited by Joey; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X