Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    so you think a team with 1 frontcourtplayer is competing for chip fornext 5 years? seriously?
    Bro if u think Lowry/DD/KD/DC/JV with one of CoJo/2Pat, great prospects and yearly additions of decent chips from exceptions and trades off the bench wouldn't compete for the title for a long time I don't know what to say to you.

This 1 frontcourt player thing is a huge cop out. Most teams only have one low-post scoring big in their frontcourt anyway, who would be defended by Valanciunas. DD/KD/DC could switch match-ups depending on what is best for a particular game, play or possession.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Yeah at this point, Snooch is really, really tempting me to tag him with the "hater" label. I dislike using that label because it tends to derail discussions, but how anyone can be against the scenario I proposed now is beyond me.
      why? because i have a varying opinion.

not allowed to eh?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Bro if u think Lowry/DD/KD/DC/JV with one of CoJo/2Pat, great prospects and yearly additions of decent chips from exceptions and trades off the bench wouldn't compete for the title for a long time I don't know what to say to you.

This 1 frontcourt player thing is a huge cop out. Most teams only have one low-post scoring big in their frontcourt anyway, who would be defended by Valanciunas. DD/KD/DC could switch match-ups depending on what is best for a particular game, play or possession.
        that isnt a cop out, name1 team with no front court that is a legit threat for a champuonship.

Comment

why? because i have a varying opinion.

not allowed to eh?
          And yet you dismiss others with varying opinions as "ridiculous" and "church of Derozan" worshippers ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            Who's insulting? I don't see a single insult there.
            i guess the word i should have used was condescending

and re read it cause your posts against me today have been dripping in it.

Comment

And yet you dismiss others with varying opinions as "ridiculous" and "church of Derozan" worshippers ...
              I got my DeBible right here Joey, don't you dare blaspheme on me now!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Joey;507729]And yet you dismiss others with varying opinions as "ridiculous" and "church of Derozan" worshippers ...[/QUOTE

cause in some instances they are, and purely speculative, as othwrs have proclaimed my opinions to he on certain matters as well. goose and gander.

and the church of derozan was suitable in response to the hater labels for disagreeance on certain "pros"

Comment

and furthermore i never stooped to that level until a considerable about of the same shit being thrown about in regards to ky opinions.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Blake Griffin/Serge Ibaka 2017
                    Joey wrote: View Post
                    Why pay Lowry when we have CoJo? #FreeCoJo
                    This is my new pet plan. Sign JV/DD for 40M combined. Or ideally trade DD and sign JV/TR for 28M combined (allows you to keep PP in 2017) and then go after a mid-max free agent in 2017 when the market will be much more flooded with talent. But even if you keep DD you can pull it off, so long as he will sign for just over 20M (hardly a given) and JV will sign for just under 20M (also not a given though more likely).

JWash wrote: View Post

I know this is predictable, but I really fail to grasp how we are getting KD with JV and Lowry and DD here. Next summer, JV and DD's cap holds, if you let everyone else walk, leave only 10M in cap room for KD. So unless they sign for a combined 10M, not happening. Even if you shed one of the big bench salaries (PP/CoJo), you are many millions short of KD's max offer. Shed them BOTH and you are still a couple million short. And all that assumes BB opts out next summer.

Simple facts here: unless only ONE of JV/Ross (LOL)/DD are kept, acquiring KD will mean a huge loss of depth and/or assets, either via cap clearing trades or via sign and trade when acquiring KD (will need to match salary AND provide assets to OKC).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

and furthermore i never stooped to that level until a considerable about of the same shit being thrown about in regards to ky opinions.
                      I would suggest not stooping to that level at all. If you disagree with the behaviour don't perpetuate it.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I would suggest not stooping to that level at all. If you disagree with the behaviour don't perpetuate it.
                        u are a million percent correct and i have reported posts in the past, but nothing came of that so i stooped...

Comment

This is my new pet plan. Sign JV/DD for 40M combined. Or ideally trade DD and sign JV/TR for 28M combined (allows you to keep PP in 2017) and then go after a mid-max free agent in 2017 when the market will be much more flooded with talent. But even if you keep DD you can pull it off, so long as he will sign for just over 20M (hardly a given) and JV will sign for just under 20M (also not a given though more likely).

I know this is predictable, but I really fail to grasp how we are getting KD with JV and Lowry and DD here. Next summer, JV and DD's cap holds, if you let everyone else walk, leave only 10M in cap room for KD. So unless they sign for a combined 10M, not happening. Even if you shed one of the big bench salaries (PP/CoJo), you are many millions short of KD's max offer. Shed them BOTH and you are still a couple million short. And all that assumes BB opts out next summer.

Simple facts here: unless only ONE of JV/Ross (LOL)/DD are kept, acquiring KD will mean a huge loss of depth and/or assets, either via cap clearing trades or via sign and trade when acquiring KD (will need to match salary AND provide assets to OKC).
                          Thank you!

Comment

• Is KD even healthy? He's had some foot problems last year, and those are hard to heal. He's not a center, but still has to be an issue. I like the idea of waiting for 2017 (and something tells me that this is Masai's plan too).

James (LOL)
                            Howard
                            Rose
                            Griffin
                            Westbrook
                            Ibaka
                            Curry (LOL)
                            Gobert
                            'Po

... are all free agents. Heck KD could be as well if he signed a 1+1 deal so he can get a bigger contract a la Lebron last year year.

Raptors also need to prove to these free agents that it makes sense to come here.. getting spanked by the Wizards is not helping anyone.

I see Masai extending both Ross and JV this year.. resigning DD next summer, and then making moves to get $30M under cap for 2017 to make a big splash.

Only way KD is playing with Toronto is if Presti trades him at the deadline and Masai swoops in to make an offer.

Comment

Idk if you went far back enough to read where I explained it but here:

KD's contract would start at approximately 25M for the record, not 28. Also I'm not sure you fully understand how the cap works.

For some reason I can't go on Shamsports, I guess they're making updates to the site. These numbers might be a bit inaccurate, but I'm gonna try and outline how getting KD would work if we intended to keep DD, JV, etc.

Let's say the Raptors meet KD and he eventually says he wants to play for the team. At that point I think the logical move would first be to renounce rights to any non-core free agents (excluding draft picks) leaving us with:

Kyle Lowry: $12,000,000
                              DeRozan cap hold: $14,250,000
                              DeMarre: $14,200,000
                              JV Cap Hold: $11,651,205
                              Bruno:$1,324,700
                              Delon: $1,577,280
                              Knicks/Nuggs 2016 1st: $2,568,600 (According to DanH's sticky the cap hold is less than this, but I'll just use this number)
                              2Pat: $6,050,000
                              CoJo: ~$7,000,000 (I'm not sure where to find the exact number here)
                              Total: $70,761,785

So we'd be left with approximately 20M in cap room, which is not enough to sign Durant. Now... if you were to trade Corey Joseph elsewhere (or 2Pat) you would now have room for Durant (I'm not including roster charges, I realize that so this isn't perfect). And then you could go over the cap to actually sign JV and DD to whatever necessary

So in theory we COULD walk out of 2016 FA with

Lowry
                              DeRozan
                              Carroll
                              Durant
                              Valanciunas

Delon Wright
                              Bruno Caboclo
                              Corey Joseph or Patrick Patterson
                              2016 Knicks 1st round pick

And we'd still have some exceptions and minimums to use to fill out the roster.
                              Last edited by JWash; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Didn't this whole argument stem from whether or not we should keep DD though? I've always said that my preferred rout is hopefully retaining DD for ~20M this offseason (A few million short of the max). So we agree on this issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X