Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    I don't think there's any great chance he signs here, either. But I was nearly out of my mind with excitement during the moratorium period just trying to follow the developments. The situation was so fluid!

... And so this discussion is difficult, right? Teams have to have plans A, B, C ... and then be ready to junk those for a new opportunity ... I wouldn't rule anything out. Certainly not Demar ... not quite yet, anyway
    Certainly there is lots of fluidity - that's the danger. DeMar could easily become a plan C for teams who strike out, thus providing a rich market for him. And Durant will have plans A through Z to choose from, making becoming that plan A that much harder (and that much riskier to jettison assets to make sure we are even a plan at all).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Certainly there is lots of fluidity - that's the danger. DeMar could easily become a plan C for teams who strike out, thus providing a rich market for him. And Durant will have plans A through Z to choose from, making becoming that plan A that much harder (and that much riskier to jettison assets to make sure we are even a plan at all).
      I think DeRozan will be come 2010's Boozer or Amar'e.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Well I'm sorry if I don't find "fan sites" a creditable source
        Then you should avoid Brother Steve.

Comment

• What Everything DeMar DeRozan thread has taught me?

PPG and inefficiency are without question the most important things in basketball.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Listen, I think DD likes Toronto. I have no doubt. But any professional athlete is like the good guy in pro wrestling. How do you win the fans over? Tell them how much you like the city.:
            I really like Greivis. I actually think he's effusive ... but sincere. But DeMar is not Greivis, I don't think.

Comment

And here is more trolling and shit storm attempts.

You've fallen a long way.
              I know it hurts you the most that DD is still here but, your just going to have to accept it at some point. Like how many more times is DD going to have to prove you wrong? Lol I still remember that minute stat you had a couple years ago. What was it again 2500 minutes or something?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Well, the "danger" is the flip-side of the opportunity. But I don't see Masai jettisoning assets, a la Sacramento, on a prayer. I do see Drake and Demar quietly "tampering" for their GM.

Not sure how anyone can stop them, with the 2016 All-Star game here in Toronto
                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sun Aug 9, 2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I think you're wrong (again).

I'm surprised you still make predictions when it comes to Demar. Seriously, have you ever been right about anything to do with Demar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    Every single other Raptors Fan site??? You probably meant RHQ

The silent majority believes Demar is better (only my opinion of course - I have no way of knowing this for sure). Just using my common sense and the fact that JV hasn't proven anything in the league. No all-star games. No 4th Quarter play. (I'm joking - he plays sometimes).

No I think he actually is right. I go on RealGM quite often and I think if you put a poll up asking who's better, they'd probably say Valanciunas. Imo Valanciunas isn't better right now simply because we haven't actually seen him play with high usage yet. However I think he COULD be better with the same kind of usage DD gets. That's not really a slight on DeMar. I don't know why fans like to pit players on the same FUCKING TEAM against each other it's so annoying. I can kind of understand it when they play the same position, but trying to use JV to put down DD or vice versa is fucking stupid.

Comment

I kind of thought you had faith in Masai to make good decisions? Interesting.

However becoming 2010s Boozer wouldn't actually be that bad... Before Rose got injured, Boozer was the *gasp* 2nd option on those Bulls teams, and they were legit title contenders. Boozer gets criticized for his D, but the Bulls were able to be near the top of the league every year with him in the lineup and he had sub 100 dRTGs in 3 out of his first 4 seasons there.

DeRozan being the 2nd option on a 60+ win title contender? I can live with that.

As for Amar'e... he was actually playing great for the Knicks initially before his injuries caught up to him and ruined the remainder of his career. As far as I know DD has no such health concerns.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        No I think he actually is right. I go on RealGM quite often and I think if you put a poll up asking who's better, they'd probably say Valanciunas. Imo Valanciunas isn't better right now simply because we haven't actually seen him play with high usage yet. However I think he COULD be better with the same kind of usage DD gets. That's not really a slight on DeMar. I don't know why fans like to pit players on the same FUCKING TEAM against each other it's so annoying. I can kind of understand it when they play the same position, but trying to use JV to put down DD or vice versa is fucking stupid.
                        I would like to add to this that forum fans tend to be VERY reactionary and VERY wrong in their evaluations of teams and players. Many people were sure Ross was going to have DD packing his suitcases within a season or so... now a good chunk of fans hate Ross for being lazy and are constantly trashing him for playing too much NBA 2K rofl.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          so now the argument to keep DD is to maintain a 0.1% chance to sign KD? jesus christ this is getting embarrassing.
                          Really embarrassing. .I wonder if Raptors brass give it as much thought....I doubt it.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            Saying one is better than the other is not putting anyone down. Once you realize that, then you'll get over it.

I like JV. I like almost all the players on our team. I think JV is overrated but I do like him. I think he's a solid player. Not great (yet) and I think he has much more to prove.

Posters get all pissed when you make any comment about JV not being awesome. Yet, it's perfectly fine for the same posters to be consistently trashing Demar.

Do you not see this?

I don't see anything wrong with reminding people that JV hasn't really done anything in this league.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I know it hurts you the most that DD is still here but, your just going to have to accept it at some point. Like how many more times is DD going to have to prove you wrong? Lol I still remember that minute stat you had a couple years ago. What was it again 2500 minutes or something?
                              Yes. He proved me wrong in his fifth year. A true anomaly. Very few improved after their fourth season as he did.

He then proved me wrong again last season when he returned to his inefficient ways minus a stretch of decent games.

Consensus, among his fans and detractors alike, seems to be he isn't a true number 1 and he isn't anything more than an average defensive player at best. So why are the Raps going to spend near max money on him? Oh right, because we have nobody else.

You cheer for the back of the jersey.
                              I'll cheer for front.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                I think you're wrong (again).

I'm surprised you still make predictions when it comes to Demar. Seriously, have you ever been right about anything to do with Demar?

I nailed this past year less than 10 games in.

But even I didn't think it would be as bad as a 4 game first round sweep with DD shooting 37%. I mean he is inefficient but damn he managed to break new barriers with that showing.

Comment

Working...
                                X