X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    lol people here are crazy

DD is almost at his prime and these people suggesting coming off the bench

The only time he'll come off the bench is when he's 32+ unless god forbid a serious injury occurs
    He is in his prime as an inefficient volume scorer.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      I'm not getting hung up on the Ross comparison, I just don't see how this strategy would work effectively.

Even the Hawks for all their ball movement had 3 guys (Teague, Millsap, Horford) who could create offense with the ball in their hands. Removing DeRozan from the starting lineup drops us to 2, and while Lowry is a bit better than Teague, JV has not proven himself to be as good as Horford yet.

I also don't get how it "sets the defensive tone" when DeRozan is a better defender than Ross is. (Ross may have tools like foot-speed but he is lazy at times and not very intelligent defensively).

And Korver and Ross is just not even close.

It's not a good idea, not enough talent in the starting 5 to warrant such a move.
      I disagree with you about the defensive comparison.

I also disagree with the talent assessment, mainly because DeRozan creates for himself, but in doing so he minimizes Lowry's role and turns JV/PP/DC into afterthoughts.

I think you're looking too much at the DD vs TR argument, instead of the collective impact that an offense with a more prominently featured Lowry, as well as a much more involved JV and array of outside shooters (PP/DC/TR) would have. I think each of the 5 players in that starting lineup would be counted on to step up and contribute more, in a much more pass-friendly system, that would more than offset DeRozan's ISO-centric attack (which would be more effective and more efficient on the 2nd unit).

Plus, I'm really only talking about the first 6-8 minutes of the 1st/3rd quarters. Once the game starts you go with hot hands and beneficial matchups, based on the flow of the game (unless of course you're DC).

I respect your opinion, however, so to each their own.
      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Aug 11, 2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I disagree with you about the defensive comparison.

I also disagree with the talent assessment, mainly because DeRozan creates for himself, but in doing so he minimizes Lowry's role and turns JV/PP/DC into afterthoughts.

I think you're looking too much at the DD vs TR argument, instead of the collective impact that an offense with a more prominently featured Lowry, as well as a much more involved JV and array of outside shooters (PP/DC/TR). I think each of the 5 players in that starting lineup would be counted on to step up and contribute more, in a much more pass-friendly system, that would more than offset DeRozan's ISO-centric attack (which would be more effective and more efficient on the 2nd unit).

Plus, I'm really only talking about the first 6-8 minutes of the 1st/3rd quarters. Once the game starts and you go with hot hands and beneficial matchups based on the flow of the game (unless of course you're DC).

I respect your opinion, however, so to each their own.
        I'm looking at the collective argument, please stop telling me what I'm thinking it's annoying, this is now the 3rd time in a row that you've done that.

Argue my points not what you think my thoughts are.

I disagree with your idea and strategy because there would not be enough shot creation in the starting 5. You've got 4 guys in there that cannot do much off the bounce, and 3 that can't create a shot in a 1 on 1 situation. Way too much burden on Lowry to create shots. Even teams like San Antonio and Atlanta that move the ball with the utmost efficiency have at least 3 guys that can create shots in 1 on 1 situations against defenses (Teague-Millsap-Horford, Parker-Leonard-Duncan).
        Last edited by JWash; Tue Aug 11, 2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

I'm looking at the collective argument, please stop telling me what I'm thinking it's annoying, this is now the 3rd time in a row that you've done that.

Argue my points not what you think my thoughts are.
          Sorry. I should have said that your rebuttal tends to focus too much on the DeRozan vs Ross piece, without really analyzing the collective impact the revised pass-friendly offensive system would potentially have. My comment wasn't meant to suggest what you were thinking, but rather point out the limited analysis contained in your response.

Comment

Sorry. I should have said that your rebuttal tends to focus too much on the DeRozan vs Ross piece, without really analyzing the collective impact the revised pass-friendly offensive system would potentially have. My comment wasn't meant to suggest what you were thinking, but rather point out the limited analysis contained in your response.
            It's cool, it was just annoying is all. I added some stuff to that post btw, accidentally pressed post before I was finished.

EDIT: And limited analysis is kinda rude
            Last edited by JWash; Tue Aug 11, 2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              He is in his prime as an inefficient volume scorer.
              We're talking about how he thinks, not how we think. Big difference. He's spent his entire career being told how great he is. He went in the top ten of the lotto. He is the #1 scoring option on a team viewed by many as a top three team in the east. He is averaging 21 PPG his last two seasons. He just postered James Harden. He is probably not paying attention to metrics or what us fans think of him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Dude is on a contract year and wants $25m/yr. Does this sound like a guy who is OK coming off the bench right now?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                Even if it wasnt a contract year I dont think for one millisecond that Demar would accept coming off of any bench. period.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  We're talking about how he thinks, not how we think. Big difference. He's spent his entire career being told how great he is. He went in the top ten of the lotto. He is the #1 scoring option on a team viewed by many as a top three team in the east. He is averaging 21 PPG his last two seasons. He just postered James Harden. He is probably not paying attention to metrics or what us fans think of him.
                  There is no question he thinks he is better than he is.

There is also no question he has filtered reality.

He is the perfect example of perception being ones reality.

Comment

• Man there are definitely multiple groups on the anti-DeMar side (and on the other side but just focusing here for a sec)

- People who dislike DeMar's game
                    - People who like DeMar's game but not for the potential price
                    - People who love joking about how bad DeMar is
                    - People who have legitimate animosity towards DD

Comment

Unless I am mistaken, arent posts basically thought?

Comment

Man there are definitely multiple groups on the anti-DeMar side (and on the other side but just focusing here for a sec)

- People who dislike DeMar's game
                        - People who like DeMar's game but not for the potential price
                        - People who love joking about how bad DeMar is
                        - People who have legitimate animosity towards DD
                        You forgot

- People who dislike Demar because of the position the organization has put him in (Role, USG, etc.)
                        - People who dislike Demar because of ISO ball (somehow Demar has become the face of it while Lowry gets a pass)
                        - People who dislike Demar because he's proven them wrong, but has yet to become a superstar.

I still don't understand the level of hate he gets from a small minority of online Raptor fans. Some of the same posters gave Bargnani more love.....

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                          You forgot

- People who dislike Demar because of the position the organization has put him in (Role, USG, etc.)
                          - People who dislike Demar because of ISO ball (somehow Demar has become the face of it while Lowry gets a pass)
                          - People who dislike Demar because he's proven them wrong, but has yet to become a superstar.

I still don't understand the level of hate he gets from a small minority of online Raptor fans. Some of the same posters gave Bargnani more love.....
                          alot of the label of Hate comes from those who view Demar very highly, to a fault actually, in praise of things that there is no statistical support thereof.

And some people hate Demar because of the obnoxious, overly loud supporters who continually flame against anything that is said of him in a negative light.

the same as people who love him for the opposite reason.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            alot of the label of Hate comes from those who view Demar very highly, to a fault actually, in praise of things that there is no statistical support thereof.

And some people hate Demar because of the obnoxious, overly loud supporters who continually flame against anything that is said of him in a negative light.

the same as people who love him for the opposite reason.
                            You nailed it.

Only thing I would change is substitute negative for critical.

I can't believe this 'debate' rages on.

No one here agrees he should be the first option on offense.... even his biggest homer fans question the 'role' he has been put in to.
                            No one here believes he is a great defender with 'average' being common ground (with the debate being average against opposing teams top wing or average against weaker wing).

Yet a few people here believe he is worth a max or near max contract.

Mind boggling.

Cheer for the name on the front of the jersey unless you're blood with the name on the back.

Comment

• The neverending DeRozan debate lol. You guys........

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                You forgot

You both forgot those who can distinguish logic from emotion and thus critique from "hate".

Hate implies ignorance. Ignorance implies lack of information/intelligence. There are many people in here suggesting somethings that could be viewed as negative. Some of those people are providing support and aren't detectably emotional...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X