Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    First off, a team doesnt always need 1 player to "go iso" if you play a properly structured offense, on some pretty damn good teams it is a combinations of pick and rolls and cuts throughout the game and ISO is saved for end of game situations in which Lowry would do just fine(assuming that with no demar we do not add a player who has that as a skill)
    Every championship team for the last twenty years has had at least one guy that is elite at getting his own shot in iso situations.

I read a long article on the triangle not too long ago that even said, Kobe and Michael were to run the offense until the 6 second mark and then go and get it done. Every team needs a great ISO guy, maybe not 4 or 5 though
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I say DD get like 21.5m which I think is fair
      Yeah something around here seems reasonable for the first year. Maybe a bit less. I'm just looking at a comparable guy like Hayward who got a starting salary of ~15M under a 63M cap which would equate to about 21M under a 89M cap.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        Every championship team for the last twenty years has had at least one guy that is elite at getting his own shot in iso situations.

I read a long article on the triangle not too long ago that even said, Kobe and Michael were to run the offense until the 6 second mark and then go and get it done. Every team needs a great ISO guy, maybe not 4 or 5 though
        agreed, but Demar isnt an elite ISO guy nor is our team isnt yet championship calibre.

I stated that Lowry, for the time being, could be that guy until we sign or trade for one of the numerous others in the nba that is effective in that situation. Hell Lou was better at it than Demar last season.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          That not true
          do tell how teams would be willing to trade MORE for a potential 6 month rental of a player as opposed to an entire season?
          Last edited by Axel; Wed Aug 12, 2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            DD and JV don't have the same max. JV's starts at ~23% of the cap while DD's starts at ~28% of the cap. That's because JV falls in the 0-6 years of experience bracket while DD is in the 7-9 years of experience bracket.

Technically JV doesn't deserve a max based on current production, but projecting forwards he might if he continues to develop as a defender and shows that he can still be productive in a larger offensive role. Giving him the max would be more about potential.

At this point DD is probably not going to make major improvements moving forwards, so his contract would be based on the player he is now.

My opinion is that neither deserves the max, and that neither is going to get it. I think DD will be getting something starting at around 20M, with JV getting a deal starting in the high teens.
            It is hard to compare JV and Demar based on current production. Especially if you only look at the raw per game numbers. In that case obviously Demar ranks ahead due to the higher usage, minutes and opportunity within the structure of both the teams ofense and defense.

However if you look at more advanced metrics, then on a per minute/play/possession basis JV is better than Demar at pretty much everything but Passing, getting to the line and three point shooting.

Comment

It is hard to compare JV and Demar based on current production. Especially if you only look at the raw per game numbers. In that case obviously Demar ranks ahead due to the higher usage, minutes and opportunity within the structure of both the teams ofense and defense.

However if you look at more advanced metrics, then on a per minute/play/possession basis JV is better than Demar at pretty much everything but Passing, getting to the line and three point shooting.
              One question has anyone notice that JV had a better year when he minutes were cut compared to the year before
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Remember when Davis was per minute monster here
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  So when faced with the obvious turn to ridicule to prove a point?

You obviously don't get talent. You also obviously don't get that all the great players work on their games relentlessly. So do players who aren't superstars. So do players that play professionally but aren't in the NBA. The difference is they aren't flashing it all over social media, "hey! hey! hey! Look at me! I work hard!" No shit you work hard.

The truth is DD is a former all-star like a long line of former all-stars such as Jamaal Magloire.

I'm not not laughing at hard work. I'm continuing to highlight the lack of skills or ability to command a max or near max contract and the negative impact it would have on Toronto to elevate beyond 1st round speed bump for LOWER seeded teams.
                  What happens if he becomes an all-star again? Will you finally admit that you're just a regular dude that doesn't know much about talent?

You obviously don't get that being named an all-star is a dream of most if not ALL NBA players. It is the recognition of being one of the very best at one's position.

You can giggle all you want about DD's "hard work" but he is the evidence that contradicts your awesome "talent" evaluation.

You never saw this coming did you? All star game talk, Team USA talk, Max contract talks.... Nope. That's what happens when you misjudge talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by special1; Wed Aug 12, 2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

One question has anyone notice that JV had a better year when he minutes were cut compared to the year before
                    LAst I will post of JV in a Demar thread, but am I to assume you are implying he improved because he played less?

that he improved his shooting percentages on fewer shots?
                    Improved is shotblocking by playing less?
                    Improved his Rebounding by playing less?
                    Improved his FTA by playing less and fewer shots?

So I guess it was all some sort of reverse psychology from Casey then?

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post

What happens if he makes an all-star again? Will you finally admit that you're just a regular dude that doesn't know much about talent?

You obviously don't get that being named an all-star is a dream of most if not ALL NBA players. It is the recognition of being one of the very best at one's position.

You can giggle all you want about DD's "hard work" but he is the evidence that contradicts your awesome "talent" evaluation.

You never saw this coming did you? All star game talk, Team USA talk, Max contract talks.... Nope. That's what happens when you misjudge talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      You do not k of the dreams of most if not all nba players. If I was a betting man I would wager big money contract and endorsements number 1, Fame number 2, health for continued longevity number , championships number 4, Hall of Fame number 5, allstar game appearance at 6.

But I dont know because it is pure speculation based on a little logic that Money, Fame, Health, Longevity, Championships and hall of fame induction would be higher loftier goals than an allstar game.
                      Last edited by Axel; Wed Aug 12, 2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Do you think Raptors get back franchise regard wins without DD?
                        thead wrote: View Post
                        Every championship team for the last twenty years has had at least one guy that is elite at getting his own shot in iso situations. ....
                        After leaving Messier, Coffey, Tikkanen, Anderson and Kurri behind (and winning 4 Stanley Cups in 5 years), Gretzky won zero cups in L.A. Zero. It's a team game.

Many (in the fan base and outside it) think DeMar is a special player. But I don't think anyone is saying there's no reason for caution - even skepticism. No one. Am I right JWash? Chr1s1anL? special1? No one is saying there aren't two sides to this (old, I now see ... so old ...) debate.

So. Personally, I want to see DD play while Demarre guards the best 3's in the league, as a "3 and D". I want to see what CoJo brings, and see how T-Ross does coming off the bench. And I want to see what Kalamian and Greer "cook up". Etc.

I'm hoping DeMar justifies the faith of those who respect him. If he doesn't, I'll be disappointed. But I'll have no trouble acknowledging that the skeptics were right, if that time comes and he turns out to be ... just what they say he is.

But I wonder - whatever the chances: Will anyone actually be disappointed if DeMar does rise to the occasion? Wouldn't it be wonderful if he earns a near-max contract (with this re-balanced team)? Wouldn't that be a huge boost to us adding that last piece ... or even moving forward with what we have?
                        Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Aug 12, 2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

You do not k of the dreams of most if not all nba players. If I was a betting man I would wager big money contract and endorsements number 1, Fame number 2, health for continued longevity number , championships number 4, Hall of Fame number 5, allstar game appearance at 6.

But I dont know because it is pure speculation based on a little logic that Money, Fame, Health, Longevity, Championships and hall of fame induction would be higher loftier goals than an allstar game.
                          All-star recognition gives you #1 and #2 fairly quickly. What are you even arguing here??

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                            All-star recognition gives you #1 and #2 fairly quickly. What are you even arguing here??
                            If you would have read the entirety of my post you would have gotten you answer and not had to ask.

You posed that being an allstar is
                            You obviously don't get that being named an all-star is a dream of most if not ALL NBA players
                            I say that is pure speculation you are posing as an absolute.

And I cannot see any player ever coming into the nba thinking "geez, i hope I get in an allstar game so i can get more money!"

In rethinking my original post I move fame down the list in importance...,.

1) Money - support players family for a LOOOONNNGGG time would be number one dream
                            2) Health - no one wants to blow out their knees 5th game into season due to loosing money, not all star games
                            3) Championships - everyone wants to go down as a champion, get you name in the record books
                            4) MVP - to be the best in the NBA(4 and 5 could easily be interchangeable)
                            5) Fame
                            6) Hall of Famer - low on list early in a career cause this is a long way out.
                            7) All Star Game Appearance.

But of course it is nothing more than Speculation because I, like you, Cannot read any NBA players fucking mind,.

Comment

If you would have read the entirety of my post you would have gotten you answer and not had to ask.

You posed that being an allstar is

I say that is pure speculation you are posing as an absolute.

And I cannot see any player ever coming into the nba thinking "geez, i hope I get in an allstar game so i can get more money!"

In rethinking my original post I move fame down the list in importance...,.

1) Money - support players family for a LOOOONNNGGG time would be number one dream
                              2) Health - no one wants to blow out their knees 5th game into season due to loosing money, not all star games
                              3) Championships - everyone wants to go down as a champion, get you name in the record books
                              4) MVP - to be the best in the NBA(4 and 5 could easily be interchangeable)
                              5) Fame
                              6) Hall of Famer - low on list early in a career cause this is a long way out.
                              7) All Star Game Appearance.

But of course it is nothing more than Speculation because I, like you, Cannot read any NBA players fucking mind,.

Seriously....Who gives a shit about your list??? Are you an NBA player? Can you deny that it is a goal that most players dream about?? No you can't! So why should we care where you think it is on your made up list??

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                Seriously....Who gives a shit about your list??? Are you an NBA player? Can you deny that it is a goal that most players dream about?? No you can't! So why should we care where you think it is on your made up list??

Again this is what you yourself posted in a previous post.

You obviously don't get that being named an all-star is a dream of most if not ALL NBA player
                                To which I responded that it was pure speculation that you are arguing as fact. I then in turn posted my own speculation on the subject. which I will quote myself

But of course it is nothing more than Speculation
                                And you respond to me the same way you originally posted in response to (McHappy I think), with rudeness and ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                                X