Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    The most significant thing he needs to work at to massively increase his impact in a game. Imagine if DeMar didn't take three or four of his most contested shots a each game, and instead passed off to someone in better position, and half of those passes turned into assists. Two less possessions for the opponents. His assist numbers go up. His WS go up. His TS% goes up. That might be enough to vault him into elite status.
    Part of taking those 3-4 contested shots also has to do with his role. Not saying shot selection is a non-factor, but I feel like if he was the #2 to a legit #1 that wouldn't happen nearly as much.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Part of taking those 3-4 contested shots also has to do with his role. Not saying shot selection is a non-factor, but I feel like if he was the #2 to a legit #1 that wouldn't happen nearly as much.
      This is true as well to a degree. Hopefully having 3 guys in the starting lineup who can space the floor (Lowry, Carroll, PPatt) will give him the room he needs to drive more. So instead of settling for a long 2 he can get to the basket easier or kick it out to an open 3 point shooter. Having 3 guys who can space the floor should also help JV a ton when he's operating in the post. If gives him more options to kick it out to and it gives him more room to operate if he doesn't get double teamed.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• pay attention DD!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

pay attention DD!
          DeLinquent
          Last edited by JWash; Sun Aug 16, 2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

pay attention dd!
            lol
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

#1 option or not, there is no excuse for taking bad shots, unless the shot clock is winding down. Taking enough shots to be considered a threat is one thing, which I would agree with for a #1 option, but that could easily be accomplished without resorting to taking bad shots. It also leads to bad habits being developed, while the rest of the team is taken out of the flow of the game by their teammate - double whammy.
              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Aug 17, 2015, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                #1 option or not, there is no excuse for taking bad shots, unless the shot clock is winding down. Taking enough shots to be considered a threat is one thing, which I would agree with for a #1 option, but that could easily be accomplished without resorting to taking bad shots. It also leads to bad habits being developed, while the rest of the team is taken out of the flow of the game by their teammate - double whammy.
                The absolute worst thing is Demar plays exactly the same in a scrimmage game with guys he just met as he does in a system he's been in his whole career

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  The absolute worst thing is Demar plays exactly the same in a scrimmage game with guys he just met as he does in a system he's been in his whole career
                  Guys he just met? He's known a lot of those guys most of his life through AAU, and the LA b-ball scene. That, and last I checked Demar has never been nutmeged during his pro career in a serious game, or taken contested step back threes, or played point guard. But other than those minor things that come from actually watching the game ... he played EXACTLY like he does in a system he's been in for his whole career -- well, except he hasn't been in the same system ever in his career. He's played for 3 coaches, and his current coach has changed the offensive system from flex based to iso and before that the team played primarily pick and roll and he had different roles depending on whoever BCo was selling as the star...

Don't get me wrong, your statement making zero sense has nothing to do with my opinion of Demar. I think he's good. Maybe very good. Not great. If the opportunity to get a great player comes I would shed a single tear just for the visual aesthetic. But man, why is this thread getting into Barg territory in length? One guy tries hard, has a good reputation with his peers, has a unique skill set that, if it was utilized properly could help a team win and the other guy is Bargnani. A guy who shouldn't be in the league and is playing for the minimum, because his only real pay check anywhere else would be in Sacramento and only draft picks and fools want to play for that owner.

I'm not saying stop the hate. But be realistic. There's not a plethora of NBA shooting guards out there. For all his flaws Demar is a top 10 SG. That has more to do with the position than him having any considerable talent. But, Ross will never be as good as Demar. Most of the other young SGs will fail to reach their potential. Demar has surpassed expectations. That deserves respect. Not people talking smack like he's a clown who doesn't train during the off-season and then is confused that he can't keep healthy -- like good ol' Bargs.

This is old. There's nothing new to say. Half the people bagging on Demar are spouting lies, or statements that lack rational thought.

Even Demar's fans accept that if the Raptors can find someone better they should move him. The problem is no one is trading the 9 or so shooting guards ranked above him. Seriously. How can some of you guys call yourselves fans and be so disrespectful to a player from thousands of miles away, who's done nothing but try to put the city on his back? Seriously.

Dude plays way higher than any reasonable person could have expected if you watched his brief time at USC, or his rookie year. He has serious flaws in his game, but slagging him nonsensically will not change the fact that some pimply kid from Compton has done more for this team than any player beside VC, or Lowry has ever done. Hopefully, other players step up and surpass him. Hopefully, the front office steals a future star shooting guard to replace him. But until then, show the man some respect.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    Guys he just met? He's known a lot of those guys most of his life through AAU, and the LA b-ball scene. That, and last I checked Demar has never been nutmeged during his pro career in a serious game, or taken contested step back threes, or played point guard. But other than those minor things that come from actually watching the game ... he played EXACTLY like he does in a system he's been in for his whole career -- well, except he hasn't been in the same system ever in his career. He's played for 3 coaches, and his current coach has changed the offensive system from flex based to iso and before that the team played primarily pick and roll and he had different roles depending on whoever BCo was selling as the star...

Don't get me wrong, your statement making zero sense has nothing to do with my opinion of Demar. I think he's good. Maybe very good. Not great. If the opportunity to get a great player comes I would shed a single tear just for the visual aesthetic. But man, why is this thread getting into Barg territory in length? One guy tries hard, has a good reputation with his peers, has a unique skill set that, if it was utilized properly could help a team win and the other guy is Bargnani. A guy who shouldn't be in the league and is playing for the minimum, because his only real pay check anywhere else would be in Sacramento and only draft picks and fools want to play for that owner.

I'm not saying stop the hate. But be realistic. There's not a plethora of NBA shooting guards out there. For all his flaws Demar is a top 10 SG. That has more to do with the position than him having any considerable talent. But, Ross will never be as good as Demar. Most of the other young SGs will fail to reach their potential. Demar has surpassed expectations. That deserves respect. Not people talking smack like he's a clown who doesn't train during the off-season and then is confused that he can't keep healthy -- like good ol' Bargs.

This is old. There's nothing new to say. Half the people bagging on Demar are spouting lies, or statements that lack rational thought.

Even Demar's fans accept that if the Raptors can find someone better they should move him. The problem is no one is trading the 9 or so shooting guards ranked above him. Seriously. How can some of you guys call yourselves fans and be so disrespectful to a player from thousands of miles away, who's done nothing but try to put the city on his back? Seriously.

Dude plays way higher than any reasonable person could have expected if you watched his brief time at USC, or his rookie year. He has serious flaws in his game, but slagging him nonsensically will not change the fact that some pimply kid from Compton has done more for this team than any player beside VC, or Lowry has ever done. Hopefully, other players step up and surpass him. Hopefully, the front office steals a future star shooting guard to replace him. But until then, show the man some respect.
                    Almost every problem with Demar is tied to his usage. He is an above average on-ball defender yet underused, he is a SG who can't catch and shoot, in fact his shooting off screens has regressed and so has his passing. His three point shot is looking like a pull up.

NBA players know each other, doesn't mean they can play together. Even the Spurs with LMA are going to have issues early

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Yeah there actually is.

Comment

Yeah there actually is.

I'm trying to understand a situation in which there would be.

It can't be to maintain your reputation as a scoring threat, since taking bad shots lowers your effective scoring efficiency down to where the other team would want it to be and does nothing to improve the scoring efficiency of your team mates which could conceivably open up the floor for you if you were a cutter and a slasher.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          I'm trying to understand a situation in which there would be.

It can't be to maintain your reputation as a scoring threat, since taking bad shots lowers your effective scoring efficiency down to where the other team would want it to be and does nothing to improve the scoring efficiency of your team mates which could conceivably open up the floor for you if you were a cutter and a slasher.
                          Meh it's not really exclusive to DeRozan. All #1 options take a few bad shots per game... unfortunately he's not on the level of the upper-tier guys who actually tend to make these shots sometimes. But there's definitely some justification for taking them. Especially in an offense that actually encourages playing iso-ball with nobody moving.

Comment

Meh it's not really exclusive to DeRozan. All #1 options take a few bad shots per game... unfortunately he's not on the level of the upper-tier guys who actually tend to make these shots sometimes. But there's definitely some justification for taking them. Especially in an offense that actually encourages playing iso-ball with nobody moving.
                            I would be curious to see those justifications cause other than the aforementioned shot clock situation, I can't think of any.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              I would be curious to see those justifications cause other than the aforementioned shot clock situation, I can't think of any.
                              Already explained it

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                JWash wrote: View Post
                                Already explained it
                                Where?
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X