Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I think 4/80m for a FORMER All-Star shooting guard is fair.
    I fixed that for you.

Comment

• Okay.... say DD goes.

Who out of the FA SG's available do the Raptors target?
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        Okay.... say DD goes.

Personally I'm riding with DD as a Raptor until he retires and I don't want to see him traded. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't re-sign him.

And there isn't much on the market next year. The only notable names are as follows:

Courtney Lee
        Kevin Martin
        Wade
        Gerald Henderson
        Caron Butler
        Bradley Beal
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Okay.... say DD goes.

The 2016 Free Agent Class isn't actually that good. The only stars (that aren't close to retirement) are:

Superstars
          LeBron (who will re-sign with Cleveland)
          Durant
          Dwight Howard

All-Stars
          Mike Conley
          DeMar DeRozan
          Al Horford

The RFAs like Beal/Drummond aren't realistically going to be attainable. Best bet for replacing DD would be Batum or Parsons who would likely cost just as much and not really be upgrades.

Makes sense to just re-sign DeRozan and see what options are available come 2017 free agency, unless his deal is preventing you from getting a Horford or Durant.

Technically, outside of Durant/LeBron DeRozan is the best wing on the market. So re-signing him should be a priority. Kind of like how Lowry was the best PG on the market last year.

Comment

• Batum is a free agent in 2016 and should be available.. I believe Lowe reported that Batum would have interest in coming to Toronto as well.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I think 4/80m for an All-Star shooting guard is fair.
              A 'former allstar' shooting guard

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                The 2016 Free Agent Class isn't actually that good. The only stars (that aren't close to retirement) are:

Superstars
                LeBron (who will re-sign with Cleveland)
                Durant
                Dwight Howard

All-Stars
                Mike Conley
                DeMar DeRozan
                Al Horford

The RFAs like Beal/Drummond aren't realistically going to be attainable. Best bet for replacing DD would be Batum or Parsons who would likely cost just as much and not really be upgrades.

Makes sense to just re-sign DeRozan and see what options are available come 2017 free agency, unless his deal is preventing you from getting a Horford or Durant.

Technically, outside of Durant/LeBron DeRozan is the best wing on the market. So re-signing him should be a priority. Kind of like how Lowry was the best PG on the market last year.
                Why do we need to sign a wing if demar goes.

Some of you guys are thinking too linear

Comment

• The "former" all star tag that people are putting on DeRozan right now is a little bit ridiculous. He made the all-star team in 2014. Had he not gotten injured, he likely would've been right back on that team again last year.

Former all-star is something that is used for guys that are long removed from actually playing at an all-star level. If you google that term you get names like Amar'e Stoudemire, Ray Allen, or Danny Briere (for those of you who watch hockey). It's just yet another way of taking shots at him.

He's an all-star level SG. He made the team recently and it's not like he's had a huge drop-off in performance or is aging. He's hitting his prime years now.

Comment

The "former" all star tag that people are putting on DeRozan right now is a little bit ridiculous. He made the all-star team in 2014. Had he not gotten injured, he likely would've been right back on that team again last year.

Former all-star is something that is used for guys that are long removed from actually playing at an all-star level. If you google that term you get names like Amar'e Stoudemire, Ray Allen, or Danny Briere (for those of you who watch hockey). It's just yet another way of taking shots at him.

He's an all-star level SG. He made the team recently and it's not like he's had a huge drop-off in performance or is aging. He's hitting his prime years now.
                    Your telling me DD's pre-injury numbers were good enough to make the all star team?
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

We'd probably need to sign a wing if DeMar leaves/isn't re-signed considering that we'd only have one starting caliber wing player (DeMarre Carroll). Kind of need starter level players to be a successful team.

Comment

The "former" all star tag that people are putting on DeRozan right now is a little bit ridiculous. He made the all-star team in 2014. Had he not gotten injured, he likely would've been right back on that team again last year.

that is opinion, not fact.

The only fact is he was not an allstar last season, and that makes him a former allstar. period, that is it.

You can say you "think" he is an allstar talent, but you cannot say that he is, cause that would not be correct.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Your telling me DD's pre-injury numbers were good enough to make the all star team?
                          Hard to tell because he had a slow-start prior to getting injured and then took some time to re-acclimate himself when he came back. Perhaps he would've been playing closer to the level that he did post ASB earlier on if he didn't get hurt. Idk, it's really tough to debate, but either way to me he's still an all-star caliber 2-guard.

Comment

We'd probably need to sign a wing if DeMar leaves/isn't re-signed considering that we'd only have one starting caliber wing player (DeMarre Carroll). Kind of need starter level players to be a successful team.
                            I would be very interested to see what Ross does in a new system, or hell any of the second/third tier sgs in the league would bring with a new system. Say JV imporoves incrementally, Lowry maintains his pay from last season, Carroll as well and we add a big upgrad at pf(horford, Millsap, Favors or something hypotetical) then we dont need to add a "shooting guard better than demar" just because we are trading demar.

Comment

Hard to tell because he had a slow-start prior to getting injured and then took some time to re-acclimate himself when he came back. Perhaps he would've been playing closer to the level that he did post ASB earlier on if he didn't get hurt. Idk, it's really tough to debate, but either way to me he's still an all-star caliber 2-guard.
                              last season he had about 1 month where you can legitimately call him an all star caliber 2-guard.

There were a quite a few guards in the east who performed better last season.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

Could be a high end lottery pick starting next year!

Who happens to be Canadian!!!!

Uh oh..... Knick-Nugget bulge......again

Comment

Working...
                                X