• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I feel you thead.

This is Everything DeRozan:

I believe I'm DeNiro.
    Lol I kinda thought this summed it up better

Thead is the pink/purple one in the back.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      But from the answers you can even see that there's very little agreement except on saying NO to an initial demand for a max (which we already knew most would do). Many from the anti-DeMar camp are saying they would offer him ~14M per year which is obviously not enough to sign him. While the pro-DeMar people would likely be willing to go closer to a 20M starting salary.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter really though. I was pretty worried about Jonas getting a max, because I thought he might be annoyed with the team and want to hit FA, test his worth and get a max from a team trying to get us not to match. That doesn't appear to be happening (confirmation later today)

It's got me a bit less on edge about the DeMar situation. I'm sure Masai and DeMar's camp have already discussed it (I don't think Masai would leave such a thing to the last minute), and I expect Masai to re-sign him to something fair on July 1st, 2016.
      I look at it as progress

I have so far established that nobody thinks he is a max player, if he thinks he is then he should be moved if even for a modest return and that the majority would pay him between 13 - 16 million with some creeping up to 20 million a year. I have also established that the majority of posters (limited sample size, I hope more people take the time to do this) don't even feel 5 years is a good idea.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        one issue with Demar is that every top eastern playoff team has a stopper that can shut him down in single coverage in the playoffs except maybe the Hawks. paying Max or Near max for that type of player is foolish.

JV can potentially score a ton against playoff teams like he did early against BKN and he adds rebounding. hence imho his higher value.
        How do you know JV can score "a ton" against playoff teams?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If DD were to be signed for what Jonas is rumored to get (4/65 or so) (not saying that is likely at all purely hypothetical) what would you guys say to that?
          Steal
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            How do you know JV can score "a ton" against playoff teams?
            My guess would be:

Very few teams (especially in the East) have legit big men, let alone ones capable of stopping JV's highly efficient post up game.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              My guess would be:

Very few teams (especially in the East) have legit big men, let alone ones capable of stopping JV's highly efficient post up game.
              So its base on his opinion not any facts?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

So its base on his opinion not any facts?
                Well, JV is very good scoring on post ups, that is a fact. I guess the rest is extrapolating since the Raps didn't really give him a chance in the playoffs.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Well, JV is very good scoring on post ups, that is a fact. I guess the rest is extrapolating since the Raps didn't really give him a chance in the playoffs.
                  The only thing that's a fact is that JV is more efficient with low usage and less minutes. We don't have any facts on how he would play with extended minutes and higher usage. A lot of players have been per 36 monsters but, not all of them live up to those stats. Ed Davis comes to mind. As well as Amir Johnson when he first got here had pretty good per 36 stats. Not saying he wont have those numbers if he played that much but, its not a guarantee either.

Its a lot easier to score when the defense is not geared to stop you. If teams game planed to stop JV I don't know if he would be as efficient and productive as he is.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The only thing that's a fact is that JV is more efficient with low usage and less minutes. We don't have any facts on how he would play with extended minutes and higher usage. A lot of players have been per 36 monsters but, not all of them live up to those stats. Ed Davis comes to mind. As well as Amir Johnson when he first got here had pretty good per 36 stats. Not saying he wont have those numbers if he played that much but, its not a guarantee either.

Its a lot easier to score when the defense is not geared to stop you. If teams game planed to stop JV I don't know if he would be as efficient and productive as he is.
                    You should read the JV thread. Lots of good examples why he is so good in the post.

DD just doesn't stack up that way.

Comment

• Speaking of Demar...

We do know that he is very inefficient with high usage, and is kinds inefficient with much lower usage.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                        Speaking of Demar...

We do know that he is very inefficient with high usage, and is kinds inefficient with much lower usage.
                        53.2% TS isn't "very" inefficient (I realize this is his non-rookie career high, but even his career average of 52.4% is not that far below average). It's just slightly below league average (53.4% last year) efficiency. I'm using his TS% from 13-14 because more in line with his career averages and he didn't have an injury mid-season.

His PPS of 1.27 is higher than the league average of ~1.20. Considering the volume he's doing that at, it's not bad. It's not good enough to warrant being the #1 option on a legit title contender, but it does show prowess as a scorer.

Comment

• Btw I have no idea how contract negotiations actually work (nobody here does unless they've worked in an NBA Front Office or Sports Agency). But does anyone think DeRozan's agent might just tell the Raps he wants to be the highest paid player on the team, but not necessarily a max guy?

I'm wondering if that's what just happened with JV...

Comment

53.2% TS isn't "very" inefficient (I realize this is his non-rookie career high, but even his career average of 52.4% is not that far below average). It's just slightly below league average (53.4% last year) efficiency. I'm using his TS% from 13-14 because more in line with his career averages and he didn't have an injury mid-season.

His PPS of 1.27 is higher than the league average of ~1.20. Considering the volume he's doing that at, it's not bad. It's not good enough to warrant being the #1 option on a legit title contender, but it does show prowess as a scorer.
                            No non of that shows any sort of prowess.

Demar is a sixth man on a contender

Edit: look back at stats i posted in comparison to other sgs in the league and he is below the average for an sg comparison that doesnt even include wade, kobe, harden or manu.....

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

Btw I have no idea how contract negotiations actually work (nobody here does unless they've worked in an NBA Front Office or Sports Agency). But does anyone think DeRozan's agent might just tell the Raps he wants to be the highest paid player on the team, but not necessarily a max guy?

I'm wondering if that's what just happened with JV...
                              Interesting question. Do you think that DeMar's ego is that big? Or is it a Compton/Respect thing? I don't think it's a Tim Duncan thing.

Comment

Yea...

You're looking to troll right?

Like that's whats happening here?

It must be...

I mean cause I'm sure the best post defender was always set on Amir or something, cause you know we're swimming with good post players...

And you know double teams aren't intended to stop post players anyway...

Not like JV is constantly referenced by many media figures around the sport to have surprisingly been one of the best post scorers in the league...

But I mean all those "facts" that prove that, they aren't really facts that count in this argument right? Cause, y'know, always gotta be for either DD or JV right?

Comment

Working...
                                X