Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    That's the actual crux of the argument.

Based on all available stats as well as the eye test, how much more is Demar worth than them? Keeping in mind that Ellis just signed a 4 year 44 million deal with Indiana. Assuming it's 11 per year (I know it's not but it makes the math easier), how much more than that is Demar worth for similar production? For instance, in Scenario 3 a few pages back, I said that I'd be fine with giving him a 4 year, 66 million (a difference of an additional 5.5 per year) deal but I also don't know if I'd be able to really defend that position when comparing it to Ellis' contract. Even more so since I know Demar will get offered more than that just because there will be a LOT of money to go around next off season and NOT a lot of players to spend it on and, due to Demar's high usage and PPG, his name will stand out.
    Well-reasoned. And I think the straight-up comparisons are fair, as a starting point ... but just so. What I'm hoping is that the DD camp put the "I'll be seeking a Max deal" out there just so everyone is perfectly clear that if he takes, say, $19-$21M, he's giving the team a discount on market value. And "fair enough", if he actually does.

Secondly, I hope his contract value is mostly about what the team can reasonably afford. This kind of bargaining approach is identified as the "principled approach" to contract bargaining in the "Getting To 'Yes'!" series of books - put out by the Harvard Law and MBA programs. But it requires enough trust to have frank (and revealing) conversations about each party's objectives and needs.

... Which is how we get Jonas for $15M, I think. Why Jonas said it's "just a contract". He's "in". I'm guessing DD will be "in", too. But he's the last financial piece (well, second last major piece, hopefully, right?). So I think he may not sign a deal, with term, until the 2017 FA period has matured.

And I think he'll trust Masai to take care of him (within some agreed-upon range, based upon certain acquisition scenarios). And he'll have to trust that his play won't drop off, in 2016, either.
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sat Aug 22, 2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      The DD that close out the season. How much is he worth? Cause that's who I think will show up this upcoming season.
      who cares, cause that demar holds as much value as 13 game bargnani.

It is irrelevant to any discussion at all and just a poor attempt at trying to raise demars actual value to your own percieved value of him.

Basked on his Career to date, he produces about the same as tyreke, ellis, etc...so his value in relative terms is the same as theirs

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        who cares, cause that demar holds as much value as 13 game bargnani.

It is irrelevant to any discussion at all and just a poor attempt at trying to raise demars actual value to your own percieved value of him.

Basked on his Career to date, he produces about the same as tyreke, ellis, etc...so his value in relative terms is the same as theirs
        Well considering Tyreke signed for $11M per in 13-14, that puts his salary at about 20% of that years Salary Cap; projecting forward, you're saying Demar deserves about $17M, which is not that far off from what a lot of people have been suggesting ie $18M-20M.

Comment

• Some of the posts here are just getting sad, think it's time to stay away from here awhile.
          Demar will average 22/5/5 this year on 45%/34%/80'

Comment

• Demar is gonna have a big season this year and prove all his skeptics he's worth that money
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Well considering Tyreke signed for $11M per in 13-14, that puts his salary at about 20% of that years Salary Cap; projecting forward, you're saying Demar deserves about $17M, which is not that far off from what a lot of people have been suggesting ie $18M-20M.
              True, but most people think the NoPes are badly mis-managing their opportunity to build around a potential HoF'er in Anthony Davis, with the Tyreke signing being Exhibit A or B.

That's actually one of the stronger arguments against signing Demar to a similar contract, i.e., that you don't want to load up your salary cap with an inefficient volume scorer, even as a complementary player. NoPes & Tyreke are a cautionary tale at this point.

And I highly doubt that Reke or Monta would get 20% of anybody's salary cap if they were on the market today - too many GMs are now much more sophisticated on advanced analytics and wary of those type of players.
              Last edited by golden; Sat Aug 22, 2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

but very few people thought that Tyreke signed a fair value contract back then.

Comment

Especially when you consider that DeMar is better than Tyreke and has had less injury problems

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                    Some of the posts here are just getting sad, think it's time to stay away from here awhile.
                    Demar will average 22/5/5 this year on 45%/34%/80'
                    that has only been done 23 times in the history of both the aba and nba....

by only 11 guys

So yeah, very likely to happen.........................

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                      Especially when you consider that DeMar is better than Tyreke and has had less injury problems
                      i will give you the injury one, but how exactly is Demar beter?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...per_game::none

demar has player a big 35 games more than Tyreke career wise...

But

Career wise

Tyreke is better fg%
                      BEtter RPG
                      Better APG
                      BEtter 3pt%
                      better spg

.4ppg lower

better OBPM
                      Better DBPM

Comment

• I think everyone's made their points and likely won't budge.

Let's see how Demar performs this season and let's see if Masai re-signs him and for how much.

We can revisit these arguments in a year. .

I have a feeling the doubters will feel shame, just like in 2013-2014. .

I urge you guys to check this thread 2 years ago. We have a few newbies on here who weren't around back then.

The same arguments:

"He is what he is".... "He'll never be an all-star"....."He'll never make team USA"....."Martell Webster is a better player"...now Tyreke is better??

Deja-vu.....

I guess I have to get back in the kitchen..... Get dat crow ready lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i will give you the injury one, but how exactly is Demar beter?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...per_game::none

demar has player a big 35 games more than Tyreke career wise...

But

Career wise

Tyreke is better fg%
                          BEtter RPG
                          Better APG
                          BEtter 3pt%
                          better spg

.4ppg lower

better OBPM
                          Better DBPM
                          Yeah but what about all the things you can't measure? Or don't they count?

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                            I think everyone's made their points and likely won't budge.

Let's see how Demar performs this season and let's see if Masai re-signs him and for how much.

We can revisit these arguments in a year. .

I have a feeling the doubters will feel shame, just like in 2013-2014. .

I urge you guys to check this thread 2 years ago. We have a few newbies on here who weren't around back then.

The same arguments:

"He is what he is".... "He'll never be an all-star"....."He'll never make team USA"....."Martell Webster is a better player"...now Tyreke is better??

Deja-vu.....

I guess I have to get back in the kitchen..... Get dat crow ready lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Make sure you season it nicely at least!

Comment

that has only been done 23 times in the history of both the aba and nba....

by only 11 guys

So yeah, very likely to happen.........................
                              #ProveEm
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• List of NBA players to average 20-4-4 on at least 53 TS% since DD was drafted (2009-10 season):

- LeBron James
                                - Kevin Durant
                                - James Harden
                                - Stephen Curry
                                - Kevin Love
                                - Derrick Rose
                                - Dwyane Wade
                                - Russell Westbrook
                                - Damian Lillard
                                - Brandon Roy
                                - Kobe Bryant
                                - Blake Griffin
                                - Joe Johnson
                                - DeMar DeRozan
                                - Deron Williams

DeRozan is the only player on this list never to make an All-NBA team. You know what that means for 2015-16...

#ProveEm lol

Comment

Working...
                                X