Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Demar Derozan

golden wrote: View Post
    LOL. Yep, you owned me on that one J-dub. But still, the point is that DD has benefited from being surrounded by talented depth the last few years. Pretty sure there are salary vs. performance analytics out there (perhaps a bit better than my hack attempt, lol) that would prove/disprove how much DD is actually worth.
    So basically, cherry pick a stat to prove a point.

Maybe basketball isn't only about stats.....does everything show up in the stats?

Demar is good for 20ppg - 4 assists - 4 rebounds (the last 2 seasons)

His playoff career averages are 22.5ppg - 4.4 assists - 4.9 rebounds

Argue about those numbers if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

Maybe basketball isn't only about stats.....does everything show up in the stats? Certainly not the boxscore.

The reason why advanced stats are brought up is because they offer some context and relativity.

I would be curious to know what type of numbers a lot of players would put up with zero consequences, 35 or 40 minutes per game, and 16.5 or 20 shots per game.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        The reason why advanced stats are brought up is because they offer some context and relativity.

I would be curious to know what type of numbers a lot of players would put up with zero consequences, 35 or 40 minutes per game, and 16.5 or 20 shots per game.
        That's why we watch the games.

Not every player can handle those minutes and shots. Especially, "day in, night out".....

Sometimes, talent "dictates."

Comment

Maybe basketball isn't only about stats.....does everything show up in the stats?

Did you just argue that stats cant show dds value and then proceed to attempt to do just that?

Comment

Not every player can handle those minutes and shots. Especially, "day in, night out".....

And then you have the variation of 'eyes' or perception.

I believe somewhere between my view and your own lies the truth....much closer to mine though lol

Comment

i will

28% usage

a system designed exclysively to maximize him

piss porr efficiency, lackluster defense.

argue against those.

Comment

so you admit that denar doesnt deserve the minutes or usage or shots

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  And then you have the variation of 'eyes' or perception.

I believe somewhere between my view and your own lies the truth....much closer to mine though lol
                  lol

I'll accept somewhere in between. But I know it's closer to mine. . Sometimes perception meets reality.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                    i will

28% usage

a system designed exclysively to maximize him

piss porr efficiency, lackluster defense.

argue against those.
                    I see you brought one number and it's his usage....

I argue against the system "maximizing" him.

"Poor Efficiency" may have something to do with the system and usage.

"lacklustre defence" is debatable. I disagree, but we're talking opinions here.

There.

Comment

• Ah, we've run out of stats, time to return to the "eye test" argument. Which of course, leads back to using stats to support our own "eye test" results.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Ah, we've run out of stats, time to return to the "eye test" argument. Which of course, leads back to using stats to support our own "eye test" results.
                        It is a painful circle jerk

Comment

• IDK if anyone posted this but Demar is working to improve his 3 pt shot according to Demarre Caroll via the Toronto Sun.

“(NBA three-point leader) Kyle Korver told me the three-point shot is just more repetition. The more you shoot it, the better you’ll get at it. I feel like if DeMar will keep working on it, it will eventually come,” Carroll said.

and..

“I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of other things he [Demar] worked on in his game and he’s a dominant offensive player (already),” Carroll said. “So I think if he adds that three-point to his game it’ll take us over the top.”

and…

“You’ve seen with Atlanta that really opens up the floor. Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan can be more effective because the floor is so spread out. Everybody on the court can punish you from three-point range,” he said."

Source below:
                          http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/22...ve-for-raptors
                          Last edited by BS10; Sun Aug 23, 2015, 11:43 PM.
                          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Best Shooting Guards in the NBA Today Lists: DeMar deRozan:

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/3245/...NBA-today.html (7th)

http://www.nba.com/magic/gallery/coh...2014-15-season (5th)

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli.../_/position/sg (9th)

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/to...ooting-guards/ (5th)

Honestly, I searched "Top NBA Shooting Guards" and included all from 2015 (omitted none). Until I came across the following site - admittedly from December, 2014 - but which has one NBA writer asking a bunch of NBA writers to name their NBA's top three shooting guards:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/1..._12_facebook_L

DeRozan was quite regularly selected ... and those writers who didn't include DeMar in their top three often mentioned him as one of a couple of possibles, pushing their way in.

Now I know the Raptors had a hot start last year, and that likely affected these (And then DeMar got injured, came back, but then Kyle got injured - and DeMar's back-ups were sieves). Anyway, the writers added a few comments you can look at. But to suggest he's "average" has to be a stretch, for me.

[And that's without a " step" - either a significant improvement because of health, an improved 3-pter, a better team around him and coaching, or combination of such things.]

And that is not just my opinion
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Aug 24, 2015, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                              IDK if anyone posted this but Demar is working to improve his 3 pt shot according to Demarre Caroll via the Toronto Sun.

“(NBA three-point leader) Kyle Korver told me the three-point shot is just more repetition. The more you shoot it, the better you’ll get at it. I feel like if DeMar will keep working on it, it will eventually come,” Carroll said.

and..

“I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of other things he [Demar] worked on in his game and he’s a dominant offensive player (already),” Carroll said. “So I think if he adds that three-point to his game it’ll take us over the top.”

and…

“You’ve seen with Atlanta that really opens up the floor. Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan can be more effective because the floor is so spread out. Everybody on the court can punish you from three-point range,” he said."

Source below:
                              http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/22...ve-for-raptors
                              I feel like I need a valium, ya' know? This team could be awfully good, I think - especially if they can get Markieff. But the suspense, on both fronts is killing me!

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                                I feel like I need a valium, ya' know? This team could be awfully good, I think - especially if they can get Markieff. But the suspense, on both fronts is killing me!
                                Yea man, can't wait for the season too. Counting down the days. If we get MM, thats the cherry on the top to the off-season. However, I bet he's gonna get criticized all season long by the RR critics. His "everything MM" thread is going to challenge the DD thread of posts with the two fronts of supporters and non-supporters.
                                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Working...
                                X