Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    My stance on DeMar is keep him unless you can get something better or something equal for cheaper.
    that is a falsehood, cause through use of advanced metrics it has been shown many times other players of comparable impact and you scoff at them.

IE:

How aboout a monta ellis for Demar swap?

Comment

• I don't see how DeMar isn't moved...

He is clearly not a max contract player, but with all of the money that teams will have next year he will undoubtedly get a max contract offer or 2 from some team out there. Tell me the Lakers wouldn't LOVE to bring back an LA guy to replace Kobe (obviously DeMar could never REPLACE Kobe but ya know...its LA).

I don't think anyone here would be mad at a guy for taking a max and setting up his family for generations to come so in all likelyhood DeMar won't be a Raptor next year.

Even if Masai is open to giving him a max (which I doubt he is) there is no guarantee of him taking it. Seems like poor strategy to not move a guy that you don't want to sign to a max, will likely get max offers from someone and is not guaranteed to take your max even if you offered it.

Thanks for the seasons DeMar, you've been a hot button issue for years. So as a last good bye why don't you #ProveEm for the first couple of months so we can get some decent value out of you?
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        I don't see how DeMar isn't moved...

He is clearly not a max contract player, but with all of the money that teams will have next year he will undoubtedly get a max contract offer or 2 from some team out there. Tell me the Lakers wouldn't LOVE to bring back an LA guy to replace Kobe (obviously DeMar could never REPLACE Kobe but ya know...its LA).

I don't think anyone here would be mad at a guy for taking a max and setting up his family for generations to come so in all likelyhood DeMar won't be a Raptor next year.

Even if Masai is open to giving him a max (which I doubt he is) there is no guarantee of him taking it. Seems like poor strategy to not move a guy that you don't want to sign to a max, will likely get max offers from someone and is not guaranteed to take your max even if you offered it.

Thanks for the seasons DeMar, you've been a hot button issue for years. So as a last good bye why don't you #ProveEm for the first couple of months so we can get some decent value out of you?
        Demar for Randle.

Capspace for KD

there we go.

Comment

• Idk but I'm of the opinion that Masai has already spoken to DeMar and his agent about the impending free agency and what kind of contract they can reasonably expect to be signing. I think if Masai sees the situation as disadvantageous, then he would probably trade DeMar, but there doesn't appear to be any indication of that happening so I think he sees the situation as a good one.

I mean JV in theory would've gotten a max from someone trying to pry him away from us in RFA, but he signed for wayyy less than that. Obviously the situation is a bit different because he was an impending RFA who could sign an extension for a significant deal, while DeMar is an impending UFA who cannot be extended for enough money to get him to sign on. But I still think Masai will be able to sign him to a fair deal.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            Demar for Randle.

Capspace for KD

there we go.
            Randle will be too much.

If you're offering a max to anyone with 7-9 years:

Biyombo must opt out
            Renounce DD, TR, JJ, Scola (ALL free agents)

If you sign any of those guys to extensions you don't have enough cap space without trades to Lowry, JV, Carroll, PP, Joseph

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Randle will be too much.

Biyombo must opt out

If you sign any of those guys to extensions you don't have enough cap space without trades to Lowry, JV, Carroll, PP, Joseph
              If you land Randle and he turns into a real starting 4 you're probably not worried about adding a max player in the summer of 2016 (since there really aren't THAT many great options).
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                If you land Randle and he turns into a real starting 4 you're probably not worried about adding a max player in the summer of 2016 (since there really aren't THAT many great options).
                Nor was there this summer but Masai threw his hat in the ring anyways.

Now let me get this straight:

Max free agent < starting 4

Hmmmmmm...that doesn't add up

Comment

Randle will be too much.

Biyombo must opt out

I dont know, It would be really close cause Demars caphold is 14ish million and Randle is only 3.2ish million. So looking at about 10 million in savings there, added to about 15 million in capspace...I think we would be looking to shed about 3-5 million.

Comment

I dont know, It would be really close cause Demars caphold is 14ish million and Randle is only 3.2ish million. So looking at about 10 million in savings there, added to about 15 million in capspace...I think we would be looking to shed about 3-5 million.
                    Still looking to shed.

Would have to send out 2 rookie scale players or more.

Don't want to be trading players away to make space when simple renouncing gives you the space you desire in the first place.

Comment

Still looking to shed.

Would have to send out 2 rookie scale players or more.

Don't want to be trading players away to make space when simple renouncing gives you the space you desire in the first place.
                      depends on what your team looks like.

All of Ross, Scola and JJ might show themselves as incredibly valuable pieces, more so than Ppat.

It all depends, but the options are definitely there.

Comment

depends on what your team looks like.

All of Ross, Scola and JJ might show themselves as incredibly valuable pieces, more so than Ppat.

It all depends, but the options are definitely there.
                        And PP is making just $6.05m in 2016-17....which is another example of books set for a max contract offer next year.

In new cap world I wouldn't be hoping for valuable pieces at less than $6m that aren't top up or rookie contract.

Comment

• Scenario Game!

Scenario 1:
                          It's 2016 FA, Kevin Durant and Al Horford have politely told the Raptors to "fuck off" and re-upped with their teams... Nicolas Batum was signed away by a team not in on the KD/Horford sweepstakes.

DeRozan is still a free agent however... what do you do?

Disclaimer: this is the most likely scenario, just saying. I know we all want KD, but the above is a more realistic prediction of what is going to happen.

Scenario 2:
                          Durant agrees to sign with Toronto but DeRozan was the lead player recruiter and a huge part of the pitch was playing with DD (along with JV and Lowry). What do you do?

Comment

Scenario Game!

Scenario 1:
                            It's 2016 FA, Kevin Durant and Al Horford have politely told the Raptors to "fuck off" and re-upped with their teams... Nicolas Batum was signed away by a team not in on the KD/Horford sweepstakes.

Disclaimer: this is the most likely scenario, just saying. I know we all want KD, but the above is a more realistic prediction of what is going to happen.

Scenario 2:
                            Durant agrees to sign with Toronto but DeRozan was the lead player recruiter and a huge part of the pitch was playing with DD (along with JV and Lowry). What do you do?
                            If both DD and the Raptors feel out their options and both end up at the prom without a date, what are the chances of them getting back together? Not sure that happens very often. The team needs to be committed from the get-go, or the player is gone.

Also, if the Raps are set on offering DD some "reasonable" $15-20m/year contract instead of a max, I think you can pretty much guarantee that at least one other team is going to offer a similar amount in summer 2016.

I am sooooooo far past the point of caring about what tattoos DD has or how hard working or how much of a good guy he is. Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and plenty of other champions were a$$holes who had plenty of teammates who didn't like playing with them. "Loyalty" is an overstated attribute that applies to most NBA players under contract and being a good guy is meaningless to me. I want to see on-court production in the team context. A team with DD as their #1 scoring option and (likely on his next contract) highest paid player is not going to accomplish much of anything in the playoffs. That's a pretty easy to defend opinion.

*Edit: JWash you changed your post while I was typing!
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Scenario Game!

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:
                              scenario 1, Let Demar go/ fill roster posisiton for 1 year/ resign demar for 1 year deal and hang onto capspace for offseason 2017

Scenario 2 is not a reasonable situation at all. DD is not going to be any sort of "difference maker" in terms of signing a KD.

Letting him have input in coaching decision
                              Lowry, JV and DC are the pieces to try and woo him with.
                              Wait for 2017 free agency

Although there is a scenario 3: Demar does not opt out, we get KD and then do no resign Demar in 2017 and instead use capspace towards bigger and beter.

Comment

Scenario Game!

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:
                                Scenario 1: If you're in the position, it means the player wasn't considered a priority and the chances the come back are slim (unless you over pay). In this case, you offer a reasonable salary ($15 to $18 million) and then see what happens.

Scenario 2: Is not possible. No player who is a unrestricted player is going to be doing any recruitment. Especially in this case since you can't get both Durant and DeRozan without gutting the rest of the team and/or not signing Demar in the first place. Given gutting the team and the other teams in the league being aware of what you'd be doing; you're going to come out a lot worse out of getting rid of those additional pieces ... which would, again, make the team look less attractive to KD.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X