Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Just wanna point out that Aldridge basically shoots from the same spots on the floor as DD and gets to the line less and was less efficient in their best seasons.

That's all
    ???? Aldridge has never been under 108 ORTG in his entire career and has been over 113 ORTG 5 times. DD has only topped 108 twice (actually, only once after his rookie season) and is coming off a low efficiency season. In addition, LA has a higher career USG (i.e. more efficient at higher usage) with better DRTG, in addition to 5 straight seasons of > 20 PER. DD's highest PER is 18.4.

No real comparison here.... other than "high volume mid-range shooter".

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Aldridge is a great defender and rebounder and as such posts very good advanced stats in spite of his reduced efficiency - and that reduced efficiency, a symptom of his midrange game, is infinitely more valuable from a big pulling a rim protector out of the paint than from a shooting guard.
      Player A
      23.2ppg
      50.7 TS%
      108 oRTG
      104 dRTG
      4 netRTG
      21.8 PER
      29.8% USG
      29.5% (AST% + TRB%)
      0.144 WS/48
      0.3 BPM
      1.5 VORP

vs.

Player B
      22.7ppg
      53.2 TS%
      110 oRTG
      107 dRTG
      3 netRTG
      18.4 PER
      25.5% (AST% + TRB%)
      28.0% USG
      0.141 WS/48
      0.7 BPM
      2.0 VORP

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        But then you look at the last 3 months of this season and playoffs (all above 35% I believe) and some exhibition stuff from this summer where he's lit it up, and suddenly his over 30% shooting season looks like progression more than it does anomaly.
        his summer 3pt form, as showed in his team usa videos is from a shorter distance remember.

And I fully expect him to be able to hit a large number from places such as the drew league.

Big difference between that and the regular season.

All I am saying that a month at the end of the season isnt a sign of things to come as much as 5.5 years worth of basketball prior.

And I havent looked up data to support, but I would be surprised if any player in nba history has gone from such a brutal shooter to be anything more than subpar, even nearing on average.

Comment

Why are we talking about keeping DD and getting KD? Doesn't matter if that would be a stronger pitch - it is not happening.

We'd need to clear 15M in cap room. Before getting a yes from KD, if we don't want to be completely screwed in negotiations.
          Never say never with Masai, maybe OKC does us a solid and does a S&T with us? After all we did them a favor this summer... Masai planting seeds for 2016 perhaps? I wonder
          Last edited by JWash; Mon Aug 24, 2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            I agree with you, but if KD does somehow decide to come, it will be for the mix of personalities the team has to offer - GM + veteran character + professional youth + amiable star-types + coach (?). Obviously the 'amiable star-types' might reign number 1 amongst those factors, as they have the biggest impact on the team's culture and success.

I, for one, am confident that our Big 4 (Lowry, DeMar, Carroll, JV) + Masai + 5ers Development Brigade + yes, even Casey (granted he doesn't fuck up)/whoever KD wants as coach = warranted interest. Now, that's based on where I see this season taking us rather than the close to our 2015 season, but I think that those NBA circles probably look at Kyle and DeMar much as I do - these guys are on the cusp, having been 'part of the solution' in Toronto, building a program that is also on the cusp of something special. Lowry bought in, Patterson bought in, Carroll bought in, Biyombo bought in, Valanciunas bought in, there's something going on here and even the likes of KD have to be at least a little intrigued.

If everything goes right this season, and stranger things have happened, we're a 55 win team with room to improve. And DeMar figures to be a huge part of that success. So yeah, if KD wants to come to the Raps, it will be in large part to DeMar being on the team.
            I really think it will come down to Washington and Toronto if KD was to leave OKC. Which ever team that has the overall better season will get the edge. If I had to take a guess now, I would say he stays in OKC. He will not get a chance to play with a player of Westbrook's caliber anywhere else.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Why are we talking about keeping DD and getting KD? Doesn't matter if that would be a stronger pitch - it is not happening.

We'd need to clear 15M in cap room. Before getting a yes from KD, if we don't want to be completely screwed in negotiations.
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't renouncing all free agents and Biyombo opting out create a max offer?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I really think it will come down to Washington and Toronto if KD was to leave OKC. Which ever team that has the overall better season will get the edge. If I had to take a guess now, I would say he stays in OKC. He will not get a chance to play with a player of Westbrook's caliber anywhere else.
                Golden State can create a situation in which they could offer KD a max while retaining Curry, Klay, Green and Bogut if they want to.

Comment

• This is what's happening next year guys, book it:

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                    his summer 3pt form, as showed in his team usa videos is from a shorter distance remember.

And I fully expect him to be able to hit a large number from places such as the drew league.

Big difference between that and the regular season.

All I am saying that a month at the end of the season isnt a sign of things to come as much as 5.5 years worth of basketball prior.

And I havent looked up data to support, but I would be surprised if any player in nba history has gone from such a brutal shooter to be anything more than subpar, even nearing on average.
                    I'm sure there are plenty of examples, these days especially. You always hear that distance shooting is one of the skills that can most easily be learned over time. Myself, for example, only learned how to shoot properly from distance this year at the tender age of 34. I've been 'practicing' 3s for an awfully long time of course, but it never really clicked until this summer. And that's just practice shooting, I'm still a reluctant game shooter.

The point is that it's never too late, before you hit your early 30s at least, to become a good distance shooter. Even guys with broken shots can find a way - see Shawn Marion.

With DeMar it will have taken a paradigm shift, but I think that shift is upon us. Part of the problem with his 3-ball was that it was predicated on his midrange shooting form. Carter suffered from a similar problem coming into the league (MJ too for that matter), using a fallaway mechanic made possible due to the insane talent, but becoming a very consistent 3-bomber as his 20s rolled along. D-Wade never made the shift, but he hasn't really needed to.

DeMar does need to. And I think he knows it and I think he has demonstrated his commitment to making the shift. In past years he'd really only shoot when he needed to - bail-outs for the most part - because he (and Casey) felt he provided more utility operating in the midrange and slashing his way to the line.

Now he's got the talent around him to settle in behind the line at times and let it fly.

Comment

• Kidd went from an OK three point shooter to damn near elite in his mid 30s lol. So anything is possible.

Comment

• Our very own former Raptor, Chris Bosh did not become a good 3PT shooter until his 11th season, and was actually a really good one last year (his 12th season) until he got hurt.

Comment

I misread first time.

Yes. damn straight.

Been pointing that out in thread but apparently keeping DD and getting rid of Carroll, JV, KL, or bench are better options.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            I misread first time.

Yes. damn straight.

Been pointing that out in thread but apparently keeping DD and getting rid of Carroll, JV, KL, or bench are better options.
                            To me, yes.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote:
                              Sure it's not you that's boring, one-dimensional, one-sided and predictable? Cause all but one of the "Trade DeMar chorus" has at least acknowledged he's got some real game ... just a dollar issue.
                              I'm not interested in trading DD unless for a draft pick.

You can't take any salary back to offer max contract.

Better off to play out the year....unless team really underperforms.

Comment

• I think that a lack of bench can more easily be compensated by increased front-line talent; but a lack of front line talent can't as easily be compensated for by a bench.

Not only that, when you have enough front line talent, you get guys like David West, or Haslem or Battier-types signing for the minimum just to play here.

Comment

Working...
                                X