Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    What if DeMar does like Lowry and sign for less for the benefit of the team? What if he accepts a 6th man role, like Andre Iguodala? So we can sign Horford and bring back Ross...

Valanciunas/Biyombo/Nogueira
    Horford/Bennett/Scola
    Carroll/Caboclo/Rookie
    Ross/DeRozan/Powell
    Lowry/Joseph/Wright

With DeRozan averaging around 30 minutes a game at the 2 and the 3 spots.
    Is that even what Lowry did? I recall him signing for fair market value at the time.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Is that even what Lowry did? I recall him signing for fair market value at the time.
      Yeah.

He actually took the most money and the place to be 'the man' in Toronto.

Houston and Miami were pursuing him but he'd be 3rd option or less and they were offering less money.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I am pretty sure everyone has been saying PP is not a starting calibre player.

He is a stop gap on a very cheap contract who fits a need as a 5th option on offense, allowing the floor to be spread.

Scola is best suited destroying opposing bench bigs.

Bennett has a long way to go and a lot to prove beyond showing up the team who cut him just a few weeks ago.
        You know that some posters took a lot of heat suggesting to trade for Markief Morris. I originally did not have any interest due to character issues but maybe we need an upgrade at the 4 as PP does not seem to be the guy many of us thought he would be. Yes it's early but PP as starting 4 looking to be an ongoing issue.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          In 4 preseason games, averaging 23.3 minutes per game, here is some enlightening DD stats.

TS% 44.4% (this is super fucking terrible)
          0-5 3pts (he still can't hit 3's to save his life)
          2.75 ast/gm (pretty much on par with his last 2 seasons)
          4 reb/gm (this is slightly better than the last 2 seasons)

My eye test tells me his defense hasn't gotten any better either. Looks like we're gonna get more of the same from DD this year, or perhaps even worse if his shooting remains this awful. This is exactly how you play your way out of a big contract. With these numbers no one is going to offer him anything close to the max. Personally, I think SG will be our weakest position this year, because Ross is not any better.
          Good post. DD shooting 3s career wise is around 27% I believe. If he can't hit the three consistently then perhaps he needs to focus more on driving the lane. He really needs to cut down on long 2s . Mid range and driving will probably be most effecient for him and the team.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            You know that some posters took a lot of heat suggesting to trade for Markief Morris. I originally did not have any interest due to character issues but maybe we need an upgrade at the 4 as PP does not seem to be the guy many of us thought he would be. Yes it's early but PP as starting 4 looking to be an ongoing issue.
            PP won't miss shots all year.

He is in a slump....but he isn't the answer long term anyways.

He is a reserve player.

Morris is also a reserve.

I don't believe either fit long term.

PP is the new Ross.

Comment

Good post. DD shooting 3s career wise is around 27% I believe. If he can't hit the three consistently then perhaps he needs to focus more on driving the lane. He really needs to cut down on long 2s . Mid range and driving will probably be most effecient for him and the team.
              Except dd isn't a good mid range shooter either.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Yup.

All free agents have to be renounced.

Only thing left to sign is room ($3m) or minimum....unless a cap clearing move much like Vasquez occurs.
                Exactly what he will do with Patterson

And If both DeRozan and Horford sign for around 15 M $, is it possible?

Comment

You got guys like beal saying in papers how he and coaches are looking to take away all long 2s from his game to maximize his efficiency....and Demar after 7 years, still launches away....

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Exactly what he will do with Patterson

And If both DeRozan and Horford sign for around 15 M $, is it possible?
                    $15m for neither is going to happen, imo

Comment

• All I know for the last two month and half of the last year DD looked like a max player. His shown his capable of it. 13-14 and last year after fully recovering from his injury. People acting like were wishing for something that never happened but it has. Would of happen last year but, he missed 25 games.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        All I know for the last two month and half of the last year DD looked like a max player. His shown his capable of it. 13-14 and last year after fully recovering from his injury. People acting like were wishing for something that never happened but it has. Would of happen last year but, he missed 25 games.
                        demar has never ever played like a max player. Lets get that straight.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          You got guys like beal saying in papers how he and coaches are looking to take away all long 2s from his game to maximize his efficiency....and Demar after 7 years, still launches away....
                          Difference is Beal is still a 40% 3 point shooter, Derozan's game is pretty much long twos with the occasional drive. Beal's overall FG is similar to Derozan's, but his 3 point shooting is terrific.

Comment

It's not the mid-range shot on it's own, it's the "contested" mid-range shot that is the killer. I think somebody showed an article with the 'open' mid-range shot being at 51% vs. 38% for the contested mid-range. No wonder it's all about getting open shots these days (e.g. Spurs, Warriors, Hawks,...). That's what Casey doesn't get when he talks about adapting to the modern game by going small. The main point is to create space to get your players open shots. You still need ball-movement, man-movement and shooters with the ability to guard above their size.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              All I know for the last two month and half of the last year DD looked like a max player. His shown his capable of it. 13-14 and last year after fully recovering from his injury. People acting like were wishing for something that never happened but it has. Would of happen last year but, he missed 25 games.
                              No. No, he didn't look like a max player for the last months of the season or his all star season and this is perhaps the first time I've ever heard that said. Closest prior was using it to justify overpaying him.

And his play post-injury was similar or almost statistically identical to what it was pre-injury so that narrative just doesn't work out either.

Here's what that period actually shows: whether or not he gets his numbers, it doesn't impact whether the team wins, loses or even plays well. I will admit that I do think he could potentially get max offer as it does appear that his reputation far exceeds his actual production (like one of the articles I linked brought up when one of the analysts was surprised when looking closer at DeRozan). His basic stat-line looks great if you just look at PPG, APG and RPG (in combination with each other). It's when you look closer at literally everything else, where it paints the picture of them being empty stats.
                              Last edited by Just Is; Fri Oct 16, 2015, 01:48 PM.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                demar has never ever played like a max player. Lets get that straight.
                                Post All-star break 28 games DD's numbers:

22 points, 3.8 Ast(2.5 TO), 5.0 Rebs(.8 Off), 1.1 Stl .432 FG, .348 3FG(1.6 attempts/g), .869 FT(7.1 attempts/G)
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X