• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a max player in the new CBA
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      It's not the mid-range shot on it's own, it's the "contested" mid-range shot that is the killer. I think somebody showed an article with the 'open' mid-range shot being at 51% vs. 38% for the contested mid-range. No wonder it's all about getting open shots these days (e.g. Spurs, Warriors, Hawks,...). That's what Casey doesn't get when he talks about adapting to the modern game by going small. The main point is to create space to get your players open shots. You still need ball-movement, man-movement and shooters with the ability to guard above their size.
      51% and 38% were for all shots (not just mid-range) but was the difference between assisted and unassisted shot attempts. So it was about ball movement rather than contested shots, but the theory would be that assisted shots would be more open than non-assisted shots.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        That's a max player in the new CBA
        28 games make a season does not.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Like most forums we are mired in a bit of recency bias here. Yes, DD and PP have not been great this preseason. But it's preseason.

I have complete faith in PP improving as the year goes on and he gets more comfortable with the starters.

I also have enough faith in DeMar that I think he will surprise to the upside. Willing to make a sig bet regarding PER with Snooch if you are up for it.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Like most forums we are mired in a bit of recency bias here. Yes, DD and PP have not been great this preseason. But it's preseason.

I have complete faith in PP improving as the year goes on and he gets more comfortable with the starters.

I also have enough faith in DeMar that I think he will surprise to the upside. Willing to make a sig bet regarding PER with Snooch if you are up for it.
            That I want to emphasize but I do think there are things that you can actually take away. Specifically the "how" and "why."
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just going through his stats from the last two months got me excited

March 15 games:

23.9 Pts, 4.1 Ast(2.2 TO), 6.0 Reb(.7 Off), .438 FG, .455 3FG(1.5 attempts)

April 7 games:

24.1 Pts, 4.9 Ast(3.1 TO), 3.7 Rebs(1.1 Off) .492 FG, .313 3FG(2.3 attempts)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits.../demar-derozan
              Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Oct 16, 2015, 02:47 PM.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                28 games make a season does not.

Yeah, too bad he missed 25 games. Would of seen that for the whole year. Just like the year before.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Guys, only a few more posts until we overtake the 10,635 posts in the Bargnani thread (http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post516254).

We can totally do this!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, too bad he missed 25 games. Would of seen that for the whole year. Just like the year before.
                    And the games before the injury where he played like crap, just doesn't count?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Guys, only a few more posts until we overtake the 10,635 posts in the Bargnani thread (http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post516254).

We can totally do this!
                      We should reinstate multipaul to celebrate.

Comment

Yes.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          That I want to emphasize but I do think there are things that you can actually take away. Specifically the "how" and "why."
                          Oh I agree. It's been a lot of the same old shit with Demar in terms of shot selection, at least from what I've seen. But I do think he will adjust positively to having Carroll and Patman in the starting unit.

I think Demar is self-aware enough to realize that he was forcing things early last season in order to not be a one-time all-star. When he let go of that is when his play really jumped, and I think that can carry forward into this year. He's not a knucklehead.

Comment

They do count but, its pretty small sample size. DD only played 15 games before he got hurt. Its like the AB magical 16 games but DD played bad. If you want to judge him off those 15 games go a head.

Numbers:

19.7 Pts, 2.6 Ast(1.8 TO), 3.7 Rebs,
                            .403 FG, .267 3FG
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

We should reinstate multipaul to celebrate.
                              That thread is absolutely littered with deceased forum members. It's a war zone, lol.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                That thread is absolutely littered with deceased forum members. It's a war zone, lol.
                                Some day they might look back on this thread the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X