Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I think a Ross/Carroll wing combo could be effective
    I do too, ball movement will definitely be better, but we'll need another decent scorer though, if Jonas can turn into a decent reliable post scorer, then a lineup of Lowry, Ross, Carroll, Patterson and JV could be a good one.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      I do too, ball movement will definitely be better, but we'll need another decent scorer though, if Jonas can turn into a decent reliable post scorer, then a lineup of Lowry, Ross, Carroll, Patterson and JV could be a good one.
      To what end though, Ross has to be let go if you want max cap room.

Comment

• Only Lowry can handle the ball effectively in the Lowry Ross carrol 2pat JV lineup. And I think Ross passes much less than demar, but that is entirely a feeling. Also only Lowry can effectively and consistently create his own shot.

if, big if, JV could be a dominant low post presence and adequate passer out of the low block that lineup could work.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          To what end though, Ross has to be let go if you want max cap room.
          Yeah, but you can keep Ross if you let everyone else go and if you strike out on the max guys, then sign a guy like Batum to a 4x18 contract. There's even a possibility of max cap room the summer after, even with both those guys in the fold (depending on the cost of Ross) to chase a big name PF (Ibaka, Griffin, etc).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            Only Lowry can handle the ball effectively in the Lowry Ross carrol 2pat JV lineup. And I think Ross passes much less than demar, but that is entirely a feeling. Also only Lowry can effectively and consistently create his own shot.

if, big if, JV could be a dominant low post presence and adequate passer out of the low block that lineup could work.

Carroll has already shown he can be a secondary ball handler. And JV would absolutely have to be a major option if DD goes.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Carroll has already shown he can be a secondary ball handler. And JV would absolutely have to be a major option if DD goes.
              Adding on to that, if say batum comes into the lineup with carroll and ross as other wings we have decent ball handling there. Although i dont want to draw conclusions yet, it appears ross has improved as a facilitator off of drives and the pnr, hes made some passes ive never seen from him before. Still has a lot to work on, but showing good signs.

Comment

Yeah, but you can keep Ross if you let everyone else go and if you strike out on the max guys, then sign a guy like Batum to a 4x18 contract. There's even a possibility of max cap room the summer after, even with both those guys in the fold (depending on the cost of Ross) to chase a big name PF (Ibaka, Griffin, etc).
                Would you pencil Batum in for 18 while Demar gets much more? Or does DeMar get around 18 as well?

Comment

In 4 preseason games? Your asking a 3D guy to do more than his ever been able too. Also so far DC has 6 ast and 5 turnovers
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm not enamored by Batum the way I used to be... and I do think he's going to be expensive ($18-$20M territory).

If Raptors strike out on KD and Horford, then I'd punt some of that cap space to 2017. In meantime bring in guys to help out for a year like a Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford, Luol Deng, Even Turner, Gerald Henderson or Eric Gordon. These guys should be much cheaper and maybe fine with a 1+1 type of deal. Raptors will not be contending over night (unless they get KD) so a cheap replacement for DD shouldn't be too difficult. Could then keep Ross, resign Scola and/or Biyombo (if he drops his option). And then use the draft (or trade) to bring in a PF.

Although it's possible that Powell impresses and moves into the starting unit by year 2 - can't rule this possibility out.

Comment

• If derozan goes, will we be tanking? Ross is utter dross, no way he can produce as well as dd. unless you replace dd with a playmaker, the team is going to be shit offensively because no one other than Lowry is even an average passer.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        If derozan goes, will we be tanking? Ross is utter dross, no way he can produce as well as dd. unless you replace dd with a playmaker, the team is going to be shit offensively because no one other than Lowry is even an average passer.
                        Statistically the evidence shows that it won't make much of a difference (DD is about net neutral with regards to win shares). When he was injured last year, the offense didn't really stagnate at all. Could easily get a short term replacement to help put up points like Jamal Crawford or Gerald Henderson.

Trading Lowry is a tank move.. losing DD for nothing in, my opinion, isn't.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          If derozan goes, will we be tanking...
                          I don't think that DD is that irreplaceable. Given his efficiency, bringing in someone else and sharing DD's shots around the other players could make the team better.

Comment

any info on that besides pre-season? just curious. i didn't watch atlanta last year

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              I don't think that DD is that irreplaceable. Given his efficiency, bringing in someone else and sharing DD's shots around the other players could make the team better.
                              i agree with both of these posts but i would rather not lose dd for nothing.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Statistically the evidence shows that it won't make much of a difference (DD is about net neutral with regards to win shares). When he was injured last year, the offense didn't really stagnate at all. Could easily get a short term replacement to help put up points like Jamal Crawford or Gerald Henderson.

That was with Lowry playing like a superhuman as well as the team ignoring the defensive end for more offense. Just not sustainable. I don't really see this team going anywhere with demar though.

This team is so direction less, just like my life.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X