Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Yea Derozan draws so much attention that the offense is worse with him on the court.
    We went over this in the JV thread regarding +/-. Context is needed.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      You move the ball. The spurs started Parker and Duncan with 3 guys who couldn't really create the last few years. Parker is the only real threat to create from the perimeter. Do they struggle to get open shots?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      The Raptors don't have Parker or Duncan though. You know, 2 future HOF'ers.

People needs to stop blaming everything on DeRozan. The reality is, the Raptors are a MEDIOCRE team(1st round exit team). DeRozan is a good player, he's teh Raptors BEST scorer, borderline all-star. You take him out of this lineup and this team will be one of the worse teams in the East.

If the goal really is to win a championship. Then they need to go after Durant in the offseason. That's the only way. NBA is a superstars league. No disrespect to Lowry and DeRozan, like i said they're good players. But you're not going to win anything in this league when Lowry and DeRozan are your best players.

Right now the Raptors are stuck in no man's land. And no, it's not DeRozan's fault.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

People needs to stop blaming everything on DeRozan. The reality is, the Raptors are a MEDIOCRE team(1st round exit team). DeRozan is a good player, he's teh Raptors BEST scorer, borderline all-star. You take him out of this lineup and this team will be one of the worse teams in the East.

If the goal really is to win a championship. Then they need to go after Durant in the offseason. That's the only way. NBA is a superstars league. No disrespect to Lowry and DeRozan, like i said they're good players. But you're not going to win anything in this league when Lowry and DeRozan are your best players.

Right now the Raptors are stuck in no man's land. And no, it's not DeRozan's fault.
        Agreed with anything with being stuck in no man's land. We may be little more than a very good team at the moment, but Masai has left himself a lot of options to play.

Comment

• And i don't want to hear all this "ball movement" bullshit. I don't give a shit how well you move the ball, at the end of the day you need a superstar player to win in this league.

Anyone here surprised how the Cavs DOMINATED the Hawks in the playoffs last year? not me. Hell, the Hawks almost lost to the Wizards.

The Hawks and the Raptors to me are pretty much in the same position. They're not going to win anything anytime soon.
          Last edited by The Great One; Sat Oct 17, 2015, 02:12 PM.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

And i don't want to hear all this "ball movement" bullshit. I don't give a shit how well you move the ball, at the end of the day you need a superstar player to win in this league.

Anyone here surprised how the Cavs DOMINATED the Hawks in the playoffs last year? not me. Hell, the Hawks almost lost to the Wizards.

The Hawks and the Raptors to me are pretty much in the same position. They're not going to win anything anytime soon.
            Lebron is on another level, I don't think there's a single other player who could carry a team by themselves like he did.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Well Duncan isn't the worst passing Center(JV) in the league. Also lets just forget about finals MVP Kawhi Leonard
              Leonard does not crate for himself much and it's something they're still working on with him. Duncan, as good as he still is, is a much worse player than he used to be...but hey, they still put him in a position to succeed, including actually running plays with off ball movement when he gets the ball in the post.

JV will probably be a good enough passer if they actually ran sets that gave him steady passing options. You know, instead of a clear out iso where the 4 other guys are just clogging the weak side, with no cutters and not even a simple outlet(you know, that could allow for a repost or quick pass back out for a shot).

And btw, these aren't you excuses. Simple explanations drawn from observations that anyone with any basketball sense can come to. After all, it's not rocket science.

Comment

That's good and all, but the way you write this out you seem to suggest there's no point in trying to play better bball just because we lack a star, and that makes no fucking sense. There's no good reason not to run better offensive sets...just like there's no good reason for there to be seemingly different standard of accountability for different players. These things should have nothing to do with the make up of your team. And you know what? Showing positives in either area would be appealing to some superstars, and more importantly the right kind of superstars.

Comment

Scoring the most points and being the best scorer are not the same thing.

I would say more but WMCJ summed it up pretty good:

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  That's good and all, but the way you write this out you seem to suggest there's no point in trying to play better bball just because we lack a star, and that makes no fucking sense. There's no good reason not to run better offensive sets...just like there's no good reason for there to be seemingly different standard of accountability for different players. These things should have nothing to do with the make up of your team. And you know what? Showing positives in either area would be appealing to some superstars, and more importantly the right kind of superstars.

Comment

he's teh Raptors BEST scorer, borderline all-star.
                    Lowry is better than Demar at everything on the basketball court.

That part is pure lies.

And he is far from the raptors best scorer, he scores more than any other player on the team. That is a correct thing to say.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

But there's every reason to think, with the system players we've added, and the motion/horns offense we know is being implemented, that a shift towards more ball-movement is upon us, and that DeMar will be a part of that.
                      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Oct 17, 2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

That part is pure lies.

And he is far from the raptors best scorer, he scores more than any other player on the team. That is a correct thing to say.
                        He didn't say anything about DeMar being the best player on the team. He said that DeMar is a borderline all-star, which he is. You made that up in your head.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          He didn't say anything about DeMar being the best player on the team. He said that DeMar is a borderline all-star, which he is. You made that up in your head.
                          He said Demar is the best scorer which is not trust. You're best scorer is supposed to be efficient which he is not. Lowry is our best scorer AND best player
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            No. I made nothing up. You need to do a better job of reading.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

That part is pure lies.

Why do you think that is?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                He said Demar is the best scorer which is not trust. You're best scorer is supposed to be efficient which he is not. Lowry is our best scorer AND best player
                                "Efficient"

Hmm. I guess Iverson wasn't the Sixers best scorer during his early years with the Sixers!! Iverson shot 42% during his MVP year. 39% the following year. Not very "efficient"

Who was the Sixers best scorer then? Eric Snow? Aaron McKie? McKie was pretty efficient.
                                Last edited by The Great One; Sat Oct 17, 2015, 03:22 PM.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X