Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    "Efficient"

Hmm. I guess Iverson wasn't the Sixers best scorer during his early years with the Sixers!! Iverson shot 42% during his MVP year. 39% the following year. Not very "efficient"

Who was the Sixers best scorer then? Eric Snow? Aaron McKie? McKie was pretty efficient.
    Well those Sixers teams weren't good. The East was even weaker then than now. Arguably the weakest period for any conference in any major sport ever. I don't know that they're a good example of anything. If anything, they prove that even in the best case, trying to do everything to accommodate a volume scorer is still going to result in you getting your butt kicked as soon as you play a quality, true contender.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      He didn't say anything about DeMar being the best player on the team. He said that DeMar is a borderline all-star, which he is. You made that up in your head.
      Actually the was can actual All-star one year but wasn't even the best SG on the team last year

Comment

"Efficient"

Hmm. I guess Iverson wasn't the Sixers best scorer during his early years with the Sixers!! Iverson shot 42% during his MVP year. 39% the following year. Not very "efficient"

Who was the Sixers best scorer then? Eric Snow? Aaron McKie? McKie was pretty efficient.
        You've missed the point entirely if that is your example.

Iverson never had anyone close to the calibre of players around him that DD does.

The game has also changed significantly in the last 10 years. Nash's run and gun Suns would be an average 3pt attempt team now after leading the league by a wide margin at that time.

Comment

And i don't want to hear all this "ball movement" bullshit. I don't give a shit how well you move the ball, at the end of the day you need a superstar player to win in this league.

Anyone here surprised how the Cavs DOMINATED the Hawks in the playoffs last year? not me. Hell, the Hawks almost lost to the Wizards.

The Hawks and the Raptors to me are pretty much in the same position. They're not going to win anything anytime soon.
          Oh how quickly we forget the absolute dismantling the spurs delivered to the heat (a much superior team) in 2014 with exquisite ball movement.

Even the lebron led heat had a lot of great ball movement. cavs made it to the finals because the east is a joke. Put that team in the western conference and they don't come out of the 2nd round.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well those Sixers teams weren't good. The East was even weaker then than now. Arguably the weakest period for any conference in any major sport ever. I don't know that they're a good example of anything. If anything, they prove that even in the best case, trying to do everything to accommodate a volume scorer is still going to result in you getting your butt kicked as soon as you play a quality, true contender.

The 2001 Sixers team went all the way to the NBA Finals only losing to the Lakers. That Lakers team was one of greatest championship teams of all time. They went 15-1 in the playoffs that year. Only L was against the Sixers in the Finals. So i say they're more than a 'quality' team.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Oh how quickly we forget the absolute dismantling the spurs delivered to the heat (a much superior team) in 2014 with exquisite ball movement.

Even the lebron led heat had a lot of great ball movement. cavs made it to the finals because the east is a joke. Put that team in the western conference and they don't come out of the 2nd round.
              They were?

Spurs..........for a millon time have Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard. 1 all star caliber player, 3 future HOF'ers.

If the Hawks can win a championship with the players that they have then i'll buy your argument about ball movemnt.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Besides the 2004 Pistons team. Name me a team that won a title without a superstar player or players on their team.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

They were?

Spurs..........for a millon time have Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard. 1 all star caliber player, 3 future HOF'ers.

If the Hawks can win a championship with the players that they have then i'll buy your argument about ball movemnt.
                  Neither of those players are near their peak or what one would consider superstar talent.

They won by playing better and smarter basketball.

Oh, Miami also had 4 future HOF'ers and 3 current-at-the-time All-stars.

Comment

Besides the 2004 Pistons team. Name me a team that won a title without a superstar player or players on their team.
                    LOL

Exactly.

So you need to get rid of DD or try to win like the Pistons.... and I don't recall the Pistons winning with a Corey Maggette on their roster - so you need to get rid of DD if you want to win like them too.

Get rid of DD and use the cap space to try to get a superstar.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      You've missed the point entirely if that is your example.

Iverson never had anyone close to the calibre of players around him that DD does.

The game has also changed significantly in the last 10 years. Nash's run and gun Suns would be an average 3pt attempt team now after leading the league by a wide margin at that time.
                      Mutombo > DeRozan/Lowry.

Mutombo > JV
                      Hill > Patterson
                      Lynch < Carroll
                      Iverson > DeRozan
                      Snow < Lowry
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

The 2001 Sixers team went all the way to the NBA Finals only losing to the Lakers. That Lakers team was one of greatest championship teams of all time. They went 15-1 in the playoffs that year. Only L was against the Sixers in the Finals. So i say they're more than a 'quality' team.
                        They really weren't. I'd be shocked it they could finish with something like homecourt advantage in today's east, which is still quite a bit weaker than the west. Again, the competition was probably the worst it has ever been in that period.

Comment

LOL

Exactly.

So you need to get rid of DD or try to win like the Pistons.... and I don't recall the Pistons winning with a Corey Maggette on their roster - so you need to get rid of DD if you want to win like them too.

Sign me up.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

LOL

Exactly.

Or trade! A historically superior way of obtaining star talent.

Comment

Mutombo > DeRozan/Lowry.

Mutombo > JV
                              Hill > Patterson
                              Lynch < Carroll
                              Iverson > DeRozan
                              Snow < Lowry
                              Since this is a discussion that started regarding the players scoring the most points are not necessarily the best scorers, I feel the need to remind you of that.

To rephrase my post with that context in mind, Iverson never had anyone close to the calibre of OFFENSIVE players around him that DD does.

Finally, Iverson's skills were so so so so so so much >>>>>>>>>>>>> than DD the fact this discussion is even taking place blows my mind.

Comment

Since this is a discussion that started regarding the players scoring the most points are not necessarily the best scorers, I feel the need to remind you of that.

To rephrase my post with that context in mind, Iverson never had anyone close to the calibre of OFFENSIVE players around him that DD does.

Finally, Iverson's skills were so so so so so so much >>>>>>>>>>>>> than DD the fact this discussion is even taking place blows my mind.
                                I know that. It's not even close really, I only used AI as an example because GLF said on his post that "you're best scorer is supposed to be efficient"

Iverson wasn't very efficient.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X