Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    No, actually.

Lets not pretend any of us know exactly what Masai thinks or has been offered for any player, including DeRozan.

With that said, a genius like Masai is not going to do anything that jeopardizes his long term vision.

DeRozan is the exact opposite type of player Masai has shown an affinity for. He isn't long, he isn't a defender, he can't hit 3s.

He isn't going to trade DD for anyone just to get rid of him. He isn't taking back salary that doesn't allow him ability to offer a max contract. He is showing that is something he wishes to be able to do as he did it last summer and is set up to do it again this summer.

In the short term, DD is not a malcontent. As much as I despise his game, he is a hard worker and he does seem like a good person. That is not a bad thing to have around your team as you're waiting for his contract to expire.

The Raptors are currently a playoff team with major flexibility coming up as well as multiple draft picks. There is no need for a forced major shake up when time will naturally permit for one in less than a year.

Fan fav Amir and Lou were let to walk this summer without so much as an offer to stay. I would anticipate a similar situation next summer.

As for your sig bet, I'm not interested.
    Wow. What a bombshell!! DD let to walk away! That would seem unlikely but you make good points. We all know DD is ineffecient BUT MU letting him walk would be a shock to many.

I have to say that Matt has earned the right to be given serious consideration. This is the first time I have considered that DD could walk..after the initial shock it may not be so far fetched.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Wow. What a bombshell!! DD let to walk away! That would seem unlikely but you make good points. We all know DD is ineffecient BUT MU letting him walk would be a shock to many.

I have to say that Matt has earned the right to be given serious consideration. This is the first time I have considered that DD could walk..after the initial shock it may not be so far fetched.
      To some degree it appears that MU may have have set up a Plan A/Plan B scenario for free agency - Plan A you waive everyone's rights and sign Durant or Horford, Plan B you keep DeMar and don't have to waive anyone's rights. Of course anything could happen beforehand.

Comment

• Can't wait for the season to start, especially now that the jays are effed.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Wasn't Masai assistant GM when the raps drafted DD?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

In every scenario where we sign KD or Horford, DD walks. That has always been the case. Risking DD walking is well worth it for the chance at Durant.

Hard pressed to believe that DD will be back next year.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Wasn't Masai assistant GM when the raps drafted DD?
              Yes, he was.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Why not trade instead of letting him walk?
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Why not trade instead of letting him walk?
                  Salary issues most likely

However expiring contracts and draft picks wouldn't count....

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    In every scenario where we sign KD or Horford, DD walks. That has always been the case. Risking DD walking is well worth it for the chance at Durant.

Agreed. Unless DD averages over 25 points per game, I don't see Masai re-signing him.

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      Why not trade instead of letting him walk?
                      Reading between the lines and looking at the way Masai has set up the roster to have salary coming off the books in 2016 and 2017, most people think he's angling for big name FA's in one or both of those summers. If so, DeMar's salary coming off the books is more valuable than the players and salary commitments you'd take back in a trade. The trade return for your DeMar rental would have to outweigh the value of taking a crack at Durant/Horford/whomever.

DeMar is really overvalued. He's Jason Richardson without a three point shot, he's our Corey Maggette or, as I said earlier, young Monta Ellis. Did these players ever break a team when they left?

Jason Richardson, by the way, was better than DeMar through his first 6 seasons and never made an All-Star team. His usg% was never as high as DeMar's has been the last two years, but Richardson's usg% fell off while he was still in his prime as teams realized he wasn't the next MJ/Kobe.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Agreed. Unless DD averages over 25 points per game, I don't see Masai re-signing him.
                        i think this is most peoples complaint with dd. he could easily average 25 ppg. that isn't what is important, in the context of demar. if anything, hitting 25 ppg this year pre-deadline could get some tantalizing offers sent to masai from other gms. with demar it is all about flow and efficiency.

personally, i think that masai has a number and if someone offers more, he lets demar walk. i don't think he gets ignored like lou was. i think that the separation will be amicable.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          i think this is most peoples complaint with dd. he could easily average 25 ppg. that isn't what is important, in the context of demar. if anything, hitting 25 ppg this year pre-deadline could get some tantalizing offers sent to masai from other gms. with demar it is all about flow and efficiency.

personally, i think that masai has a number and if someone offers more, he lets demar walk. i don't think he gets ignored like lou was. i think that the separation will be amicable.
                          I should have added more into it, 25 points per game, but obviously on better efficiency and more team-oriented. Masai won't let him go, he might give DD an offer, however I think Masai will go all in for KD. Raptors will continue to be stuck in the cycle of mediocrity if they don't. If not KD, then Horford as a plan B.
                          Last edited by A.I; Wed Oct 21, 2015, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

With all Masai has said about continuity, and the fact that he brought in DeMar to recruit Carroll to a long-term contract, I'm hard pressed to see how DD won't be back next year.

There's like a billion dollars of cap space going around next year. The odds of us landing a top-flight free agent as a second-round team in the East are very small in my opinion. Which suggests to me that DeMar will re-up on a Lowry-style team-friendly deal, unless he absolutely crushes it this year, in which case who knows what happens.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              With all Masai has said about continuity, and the fact that he brought in DeMar to recruit Carroll to a long-term contract, I'm hard pressed to see how DD won't be back next year.

There's like a billion dollars of cap space going around next year. The odds of us landing a top-flight free agent as a second-round team in the East are very small in my opinion. Which suggests to me that DeMar will re-up on a Lowry-style team-friendly deal, unless he absolutely crushes it this year, in which case who knows what happens.
                              I don't disagree, but if they re-sign DeMar this team is officially treadmilling. This roster has a best-case-scenario second round ceiling.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

where did you see this? just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X