Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    Demar has never played for an american team, so I would wager that the americans are more used to Carrolls name than ours....therefore Demarre is FAR more important than Demar to recruit KD.
    Now this is funny.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Guys, the Drake is the best shot Toronto has of bringing KD to Toronto. All hail the Drake!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        First off all OKC has serious frontcourt depth. Ibaka, Adams, Kanter, McGary(forget his name but good young big).

Where ever KD goes wont be hard to recruit other players to sign cheap.

Washington is his home town. I believe some guy named Lebron choose home. Even though they had a ball dominant guard there.

You cant offer just Lowry. Right now as it stands after his terrible playoffs. John Wall is seen like the better player between the two.
        I forgot about Adams, but it doesnt discount 7 years of no championship, and the next 2 best players on the team would be impending free agents.

WASH, hometown doesn't mean as much to a guy like Durant, he has said so himself,

His friend Ty Lawson tried to get him to go to UNC in college but he didnt go there as he felt that Texas was a better fit for him.........

So it all boils down to who can give him the best chance to win...and our team gives him that.....

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          I forgot about Adams, but it doesnt discount 7 years of no championship, and the next 2 best players on the team would be impending free agents.

WASH, hometown doesn't mean as much to a guy like Durant, he has said so himself,

His friend Ty Lawson tried to get him to go to UNC in college but he didnt go there as he felt that Texas was a better fit for him.........

So it all boils down to who can give him the best chance to win...and our team gives him that.....
          They call me the homer
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

They call me the homer
            no, you are a demar homer and severely underrate the rest of the team.

How is washington a better option to win with what they would have left over us with what we would have left.

Comment

• Personally I think KD would be crazy to stay in OKC. It's pretty clear that organization isn't committed enough or competent enough to get that team over the hump. They're still riding the momentum of having drafted Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka and have essentially been unwilling/unable to improve the team in any way since then.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

All I'm saying you have to keep the backcourt for any shot at KD. Even though I don't believe there is much of a shot anyways.
                How about our Lowry & Carroll backcourt (better than Lowry and DD)? Durant would play SF.

I think it will be painfully obvious by the end of the season that Carroll is a much more valuable player than Derozan.

Comment

KD would rather play with the combination of KLow/DD. People don't understand that those two are the face of this team down south. Toronto has no appeal if we don't have one the top backcourts in the league. The league is all about house hold names. KD is coming to play in Toronto with Lowry and a bunch of nobodies.
                  Soooo...KD would like to play with a ball dominant, non-shooting, average defensive SG vs. Carroll, a terrific defensive, good 3 point shooting, ball moving SF? I highly doubt that. It'll be so easy for opposing defense to bring help defense on KD with DD sitting around the perimeter. Double team KD, let DD shoot and live with the results, that would be the other team's gameplan.

A team of Lowry, Carroll, KD, Scola/Patterson and JV will be so much more effective.

Comment

KD would rather play with the combination of KLow/DD. People don't understand that those two are the face of this team down south. Toronto has no appeal if we don't have one the top backcourts in the league. The league is all about house hold names. KD is coming to play in Toronto with Lowry and a bunch of nobodies.
                    After this season JV will be one of these faces of the franchise. When you look at what the Raptors did and did not do in the off-season it becomes quite clear that they expect JV to take on a much larger role this season. He will log a lot of minutes and his efficiency ratings suggest that may lead to big numbers and an all-star nod.

Comment

• I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. If DeMar can get back to an allstar level, or improve upon his 2013/14 season, then yeah, I think KD would prefer having him if he were to join. I know that makes it difficult in terms of salary, but take DD off the team (if he does have a great year) and suddenly we're pretty short on star-power. If DeMar has a poor year and the team flounders, I think we'd be out of the running for KD.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Soooo...KD would like to play with a ball dominant, non-shooting, average defensive SG vs. Carroll, a terrific defensive, good 3 point shooting, ball moving SF? I highly doubt that. It'll be so easy for opposing defense to bring help defense on KD with DD sitting around the perimeter. Double team KD, let DD shoot and live with the results, that would be the other team's gameplan.

A team of Lowry, Carroll, KD, Scola/Patterson and JV will be so much more effective.
                        Just imagine a 2017 starting line-up of Lowry, Carroll, KD, Ibaka, and JV. So much synergy.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. If DeMar can get back to an allstar level, or improve upon his 2013/14 season, then yeah, I think KD would prefer having him if he were to join. I know that makes it difficult in terms of salary, but take DD off the team (if he does have a great year) and suddenly we're pretty short on star-power. If DeMar has a poor year and the team flounders, I think we'd be out of the running for KD.
                          Pretty sure it's been established a few times that if DD has an All-Star year and the Raptors keep him at the resulting All-Star price point, there will be no cap space to sign KD. This team will be committed to its current core and hoping for, at best, a second round appearance every spring.
                          Last edited by S.R.; Thu Oct 22, 2015, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. If DeMar can get back to an allstar level, or improve upon his 2013/14 season, then yeah, I think KD would prefer having him if he were to join. I know that makes it difficult in terms of salary, but take DD off the team (if he does have a great year) and suddenly we're pretty short on star-power. If DeMar has a poor year and the team flounders, I think we'd be out of the running for KD.

The only role Demar will play in us getting KD is him opting out of his contract.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              After this season JV will be one of these faces of the franchise. When you look at what the Raptors did and did not do in the off-season it becomes quite clear that they expect JV to take on a much larger role this season. He will log a lot of minutes and his efficiency ratings suggest that may lead to big numbers and an all-star nod.
                              Well I hope so. At least it give us a shot. I'm not going to hold my breathe on JV becoming an All-star.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• everyone who says everyone assumes Demar is the star of the team and Casey is highly respected assumes people are stupid and dont follow the Raptors. If anyone thinks Demar and Casey are indispensible they dont watch Raptors games and dont care what they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X