Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    DeMar is going to shoot an efficient 50% from 2, 37% from 3 while averaging 18 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists per game this season while playing average to above average defense.

At the end of the year we will sign him to a five year 95 million dollar contract.
    He'll be worth 95 TRILLION dollars....per game....with those numbers.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      He'll be worth 95 TRILLION dollars....per game....with those numbers.
      $95 Trillion per game is alot ... you sure you didn't mean $9.5 Trillion per game?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        No really no.

Demar, Pat and Ross.

Scola, Biyombo and JJ are not givens to return even if we wanted them as they have control of their own direction.

Demar and Ppat and Ross for KD?
        That is NOT alot to give up at all.

Its KD!
        Right, but Carroll, PP, and Ross isn't much to give up for KD either.

And don't forget Nando! (kidding, kind of)

Comment

DeMar is going to shoot an efficient 50% from 2, 37% from 3 while averaging 18 points 5 rebounds and 5 assists per game this season while playing average to above average defense.

At the end of the year we will sign him to a five year 95 million dollar contract.
          Sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            The most effective brand of basketball is to play to your strengths and exploit opponent weaknesses. JV is a strength and will lead to matchup problems. If you do what everyone else is doing, where do you find an advantage ?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
            Just to add to this:

I remember the game at Warriors last season which was perfect to showcase this thinking. JV was absolutely dominating GSW and punishing them in the paint, but on the other end Speights was pulling out and hitting jumper after jumper. Now, if I'm the raptors, I'm content with Speights hitting 20 footers and punishing them with JV going inside. But then, Casey had a complete brain fart and went small and tried to match GSW. This played right into their hands and we got blown out. I even remember him trying ross at 4. That was the game that made me lose faith in Casey. He had an advantage that was working, but he went away from it and played right into his opponent's hands.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

That's only roughly $3 million per year more than Tristan Thompson.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                That trade machine article on the front page is ludicrous.

Trade Demar and JJ for Tony Allen and Courtney Lee? You shitting me?
                Yes it is. The entire premise the flawed. The cap space is worth more than the return.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Right, but Carroll, PP, and Ross isn't much to give up for KD either.

And don't forget Nando! (kidding, kind of)
                  it would include more due to the nature of trades inoling players that do not bring back salary....in which they seldom eer happen....

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                    it would include more due to the nature of trades inoling players that do not bring back salary....in which they seldom eer happen....
                    Suns and Kings did it just this past offseason, can't be that rare.

Comment

• I found another article relating to Demar. Granted it's not really saying anything that hasn't already been said. It's also not exclusively about Demar but he does come up. I've quoted a section of the part specifically identifying Demar. For reference (in case you don't click the link), PISS stands for "painfully ill-advised shots."

Most good players don’t often choose to take PIS. James Harden had a PISS of 10%, Steph Curry had a PISS of 8.5%, LeBron James had a PISS of 8.2%, Manu Ginobili had a PISS of 5.4%, and Demarre Carroll had a PISS of 2.7%.

Of course, there are the other players, players that have never seen a bad shot, or players with a seemingly uncontrollable urge to PISS.

If it were a contest, DeMar DeRozan would be the PISS champ.

DeRozan had a PISS of 31.6%. Nearly a third of his 850 shots with at least 5 seconds on the shot clock were PIS.

DeRozan shot an atrocious 33.5% on PIS. That equates to 0.67 points per shot. In all of his 2014-15 FGA, DeRozan scored 0.85 points per shot. If he simply removed those 269 PIS (kicked out instead of forcing a bad shot), he would have raised his efficiency to 0.92 points per shot on the season.

DeRozan’s team would have appreciated the kick outs. His team produced 1.02 points per shot. If his team kept that efficiency on kick outs that replaced DeRozan’s 269 PIS, the team would have scored another 93 points in DeRozan’s 60 games.

DeRozan’s PISS of 31.6% in 2014-15 was up from 26.2% the previous season. As the influence of analytics in the NBA grows, we might expect players’ PISS to decrease. In time, it probably will. In fact, DeRozan might be one of the last of a dying breed. Players that depend on PIS as significant portions of their offense were the norm in the 80s and 90s. In 5-10 years, they will likely be extinct.

However, suggesting that analytics are only pushing PISS down would be ignoring half the game. Analytically savvy teams are studying their opponents’ offensive weaknesses. They are recognizing when players like DeRozan will too easily take a PIS. Then, they are forcing that player to take a PIS. If you don’t believe me, listen to Shane Battier talk specifically about his defensive strategy to force Kobe to take a PIS.

In an interview, Battier revealed, “after studying and going through the school of analytics, I knew exactly to a tee who Kobe Bryant was. And I knew as a defender trying to stop him, Kobe’s worst-case scenario and my best-case scenario was to make him shoot a pull up jumper going to his left hand…”

So, DeRozan’s increase in PISS might be a result of both him not realizing the inefficiency of PIS and opposing defenses exploiting his lack of that understanding.

DeRozan is the PISS champ, but he’s not the only player taking too high of a percentage of these shots. The following table displays the 20 highest PISS seasons over the last two seasons (among players with at least 400 total FGA).
                      Helps put the Golden State whiteboard into perspective as well.
                      Last edited by Just Is; Thu Oct 22, 2015, 06:24 PM.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• DeRozan is the PISS champ.

Lol

Comment

• Stop making fun of DeRozan for constantly taking a PISS. Some people just have small bladders
                          OG is our king

Comment

• Man, cant wait till Wednesday.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Man, cant wait till Wednesday.
                              Less than one week 'till Christmas...
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Demar can PISS off by this time next year, one way or another, as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X