Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Its just funny you guys have to use an MVP candidate to find away to critique DD lol. When the two have two totally different games. One a very good shooter the other is a very good slasher.
    Dude, do you not understand what I am saying? He's up there with superstars like Curry and James, and shooting at percentages 7%+ lower than them. That's stupid bad. He's taking shots at rates superstars take them, but making them at rates Reggie goddamn Evans makes them.

Comment

Its just funny you guys have to use an MVP candidate to find away to critique DD lol. When the two have two totally different games. One a very good shooter the other is a very good slasher.
      Slasher? Don't think DD has ever really been a real slasher. DD doesn't get into the paint enough for that label imo.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm starting to remember why I don't post in the DD thread anymore.

Comment

Long 2 or a 3 a contested shot is a contested shot. He took a lot of them last night but, they went in. Good for him.
          Did you watch game?

I did.

Watched it on GS and NOP feed - was switching.

Both feeds commentators constantly made reference to defenders giving Curry any room was too much room.

What is a contested shot for Curry (or anyone with a quick release) is much different than your average shooter.

By definition Curry takes a lot of contested shots but they are shots where he is balanced and stepping into it combined with his quick release which means they aren't all that contested at all.

Comment

Actually since I was the one who started this I can tell you the comparison had absolutely nothing to do with their game and everything to do with their mental approach.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Did you watch game?

I did.

Watched it on GS and NOP feed - was switching.

Both feeds commentators constantly made reference to defenders giving Curry any room was too much room.

What is a contested shot for Curry (or anyone with a quick release) is much different than your average shooter.

By definition Curry takes a lot of contested shots but they are shots where he is balanced and stepping into it combined with his quick release which means they aren't all that contested at all.
              He really didn't even take many contested looks though, especially given how tight you have to be to Curry to really contest him. Lots of looks where the defender goes under the screen (moron!), or where on a switch someone like Davis sags off a bit too much (Davis is used to being able to contest/block from that distance with most guys, but Curry isn't most guys). So many good decisions. Almost every shot is attack the lane or take an open shot. Had a few more "bad" shots in the 4th, where he was closely contested including in the mid-range, but by then he was definitely in a good rhythm and feeling it.

*That last bit is worth noting too. The flow of the game changes. Taking a bad shot early when you're cold is much worse than taking a bad shot late when you're hot. And it's usually harder to get good shots late as defensive pressure is usually higher late in the game, especially when focusing on a player who's been hot all night.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Actually since I was the one who started this I can tell you the comparison had absolutely nothing to do with their game and everything to do with their mental approach.
                Lol

The mental approach of the best shooter of all time.... You don't say. Every shot seems like an efficient one for Curry.

Everyone saw the clips from last night. Everyone saw the MVP play over the years. He can make any shot from anywhere!

Curry's shot selection is very unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  He really didn't even take many contested looks though, especially given how tight you have to be to Curry to really contest him. Lots of looks where the defender goes under the screen (moron!), or where on a switch someone like Davis sags off a bit too much (Davis is used to being able to contest/block from that distance with most guys, but Curry isn't most guys). So many good decisions. Almost every shot is attack the lane or take an open shot. Had a few more "bad" shots in the 4th, where he was closely contested including in the mid-range, but by then he was definitely in a good rhythm and feeling it.
                  For sure.

He is master of spotting when defender looks away for a split second as well - either pulling up or taking one step away to create space.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    Lol

The mental approach of the best shooter of all time.... You don't say. Every shot seems like an efficient one for Curry.

Everyone saw the clips from last night. Everyone saw the MVP play over the years. He can make any shot from anywhere!

Curry's shot selection is very unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Go back to the very first post...ahhhing shit, you're so special I'll post it for you:

Thought I'd just post this comment in here.

Just watching Pelicans-Warriors game.

Sideline reporter came on talking about Curry.

Quote she gave from him (paraphrased - was about 20 mins ago!):

"I think the great players of the game need to challenge themselves to become even more efficient."

And no, not fair to expect DD to become any semblance of Curry but it would sure be nice if he took the same mindset and challenged himself to improve his efficiency.

This was as he scored 28 points in 3rd....4th to go and he has 43 on just 21 shots.

Time to start reading what was written instead of getting all defensive.

The District is gone in into DEFCON 1. Lol

Comment

• Let me break it down this way...

The discussion was based around one of the best shooters/scorers in the game today saying he could basically take even better shots and do an even better job scoring.

I think this was just brought up to contrast against the approach of our primary scorer, who infamously said he feels like contested shots are better ones for him.

Who wouldn't want your primary scorer to be more like the former than the latter?

*Why does it constantly seem like DeMar and/or the staff around him don't seem to be pushing the first approach and seem to be accommodating the second? It's bad for player and team.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Nov 1, 2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Let me break it down this way...

The discussion was based around the best shooters/scorers in the game today saying he could basically take even better shots and do an even better job scoring.

I think this was just brought up to contrast against the approach of our primary scorer, who infamously said he feels like contested shots are better ones for him.

Who wouldn't want your primary scorer to be more like the former than the latter?

*Why does it constantly seem like DeMar and/or the staff around him don't seem to be pushing the first approach and seem to be accommodating the second? It's bad for player and team.
                        Well summarized.

Thank you.

Comment

Steph Curry has actually one of the worse shot selections in the league but, they go in. Most of the 3s he took were contested.
                          I'm not sure what you're trying to argue....

Curry takes stupid shots but he makes a lot of those shots

DD takes stupid shots and misses a lot of those shots

Comment

Let me break it down this way...

The discussion was based around one of the best shooters/scorers in the game today saying he could basically take even better shots and do an even better job scoring.

The whole "shots we normally make" comments from Casey kinda highlights the difference in mentality. Casey doesn't care about the quality of the shot as long as it falls into their perception of a good shot, statistics be damned.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              I'm not sure what you're trying to argue....

Curry takes stupid shots but he makes a lot of those shots

DD takes stupid shots and misses a lot of those shots
                              Wouldn't they not be stupid shots if he makes them?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                The whole "shots we normally make" comments from Casey kinda highlights the difference in mentality. Casey doesn't care about the quality of the shot as long as it falls into their perception of a good shot, statistics be damned.
                                Exactly.

Curry spent the summer trying to recognize and execute the right decision in specific situations.

The answer isn't always shoot it, apparently.

During game last night, GSW commentators were talking about his work with his trainer and FITLIGHT Trainer.

http://www.fitlighttraining.com/prod...light-trainer/

Every light had a meaning and when it flashed he was to react as fast as possible - and execute successfully, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X