Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    If you don't want to be a part of the discussion, then don't bother posting.

DD has slasher skills but he's a midrange jump shooter. His game isn't taking it to the rim into traffic, it's pull up. That's what my eyes say and so yes, I am curious to see if the numbers support that.
    We've already established that he's 20th in the league in drives though, so you're eyes are missing something.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      The argument is (largely) based on us thinking he can improve on his allstar-season shooting/efficiency numbers, and others thinking that such an improvement is all but impossible.

But the craziness continues because even in his all-star season he was still below average relative to his position and he then regressed last year (cue the injury excuse).

It seems the only common ground I've ever seen on these forums regarding DD is everyone seems to agree he is asked to do more than should be asked of him. He isn't a lead scoring option on a team with deep playoff run aspirations.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        you wouldn't know a basketball if it fell out of charles barkleys as and hit you right in the mouth.
        i guess its cause i didnt play eh?

Is that gonna be your next argument against my opinions.

its still your go to move?

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          not true at all.

it is that some posters are of the firm belief that it is other circumstances that dictate demars deficiencies....and that those are grossly overstated by "haters"

That demar taking piss poor shots a majority of the time is the fault of every one else but demar.
          It's a two-way street. DeMar's (sometimes questionable) shot selection has been enabled and necessitated by Casey and the previous lack of scoring on the roster. Everyone wants him shooting better shots at a better percentage, everyone.

Comment

We've already established that he's 20th in the league in drives though, so you're eyes are missing something.
            If you read Dans other posts you would have alot more of a picture painted that just that one number you are cherry picking.

Yeah, 20th in drives, with a really high usage rate, pace etc. makes the true story of his amount of drives far less. So yeah he drove alot....but he had the ball a shit ton. so a small percentage of his opportunities came from driving as opposed to his long twos.

That cannot be argued with.

Comment

It's a two-way street. DeMar's (sometimes questionable) shot selection has been enabled and necessitated by Casey and the previous lack of scoring on the roster. Everyone wants him shooting better shots at a better percentage, everyone.
              i agree, and the opportunity has been there over the past couple of years.

He can easily take 1.5 steps back and shoot the three. With NOTHING else changing other that his dribble dribble shot set up, nothing, and he would improve upon his inefficiencies from shooting.

No-one other than Demar can improve upon the shots he chooses to take.

Comment

• Snooch wrote:
                Instead of trying to bait with with your ingorance in stateing that my opinions are nothing more than jibberish, how about you go do a little research and try to ...um....prove me wrong...as opposed to posting....um...you know...your moronic, useless, adding nothing but trolling, drivel that you continue to spout now.

Oh yeah cause you cannot disprove what has been discussed.
                I was merely adverting to the fact that there's a strong semantic element to this discussion (in my opinion, of course). That was all, really.

So "Man up", brother. No need for name-calling. We're just shooting the sh*t.

Comment

Haha I think you've forgotten the volume aspect, hence why I'm curious about DD's drives vs pull ups. If a player is more often pulling up in midrange than driving into the paint then hard to call him a slasher. His total drives relative to the league is irrelevant unless they have the same number of possessions (since we don't have the rate stats to go on).
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    But the craziness continues because even in his all-star season he was still below average relative to his position and he then regressed last year (cue the injury excuse).

It seems the only common ground I've ever seen on these forums regarding DD is everyone seems to agree he is asked to do more than should be asked of him. He isn't a lead scoring option on a team with deep playoff run aspirations.
                    I'd add that everyone want him to be more efficient than he is. Proactive posters might want to quantify how he can become more efficient, without just saying "he will practice his shot and shoot better" because maybe the problem also has to do with him taking primarily inefficient shots. This is why when these posters do research and find that he takes a lot of contested shots, or he doesn't drive as much as he could, it is not meant to be an attack on Demar, but more constructive criticism.

Comment

If you read Dans other posts you would have alot more of a picture painted that just that one number you are cherry picking.

Yeah, 20th in drives, with a really high usage rate, pace etc. makes the true story of his amount of drives far less. So yeah he drove alot....but he had the ball a shit ton. so a small percentage of his opportunities came from driving as opposed to his long twos.

That cannot be argued with.
                      What is the point of this argument though?

Comment

not true at all.

it is that some posters are of the firm belief that it is other circumstances that dictate demars deficiencies....and that those are grossly overstated by "haters"

That demar taking piss poor shots a majority of the time is the fault of every one else but demar.
                        No one is saying that Demar shouldn't take responsibility for his inefficient shooting. No one.

But he's also been a big part of a winning team. There's that, too. And he's still got a few years before thirty. And a better supporting cast. So ... I'm hopeful and optimistic. That's all.

Comment

Haha I think you've forgotten the volume aspect, hence why I'm curious about DD's drives vs pull ups. If a player is more often pulling up in midrange than driving into the paint then hard to call him a slasher. His total drives relative to the league is irrelevant unless they have the same number of possessions (since we don't have the rate stats to go on).
                          I haven't forgotten anything. DeMar drives that lane every freaking game. Whether he's one of most prolific slashers in the game or not is beside the point - that he is, in fact, a slasher.

(fuck I'm sick to death of this word - slasher - now)

Comment

What is the point of this argument though?
                            If you're looking for a point then perhaps this isn't the right thread
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                              No one is saying that Demar shouldn't take responsibility for his inefficient shooting. No one.

But he's also been a big part of a winning team. There's that, too. And he's still got a few years before thirty. And a better supporting cast. So ... I'm hopeful and optimistic. That's all.
                              That is not true.

You might not say it but plenty others around here have and do.

Comment

If you're looking for a point then perhaps this isn't the right thread
                                Or Forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X