Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The chemistry is like what DD had with Rudy....but works

Comment

• One thing to consider with usage is that is does not include plays on which the player passes. DeMar did a great job passing last game, even with only 4 assists - so those plays that he initiated and then passed, leading to more ball movement and an easy shot won't count as one of his possessions, but he is involved in the offence nonetheless. DeMar was not the 6th least used player - he was just the 6th least used finisher on plays (per minute played) on the team. Meaning he only finished those plays where he had a very good chance of scoring, electing not to take those contested, early clock long two's that are so easy to shoot and so difficult to hit. Hence the high FG%, and lower usage.

I think it is not a coincidence at all that this game from DD, and the resulting distribution of offence through players like Carroll and JV, came in a massive blowout where the team was dominant on both ends. It's winning basketball, plain and simple.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        I'm not sure the majority of debaters have ever argued the points aren't valid that are coming from the critics; its the volume and persistence of these criticisms that many have grown tired of. I'm pretty sure everyone on this board can resite who resides on which side of the debate, and which criticisms they maintain. The fact that they are repeated, and rehashed, on a daily basis is, in my mind, where the backlash comes from.
        I for one am definately pro derozan.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but ...) I'm taking this as humour.

And (sort of, but not entirely) in spite of myself ... I'm grinning from ear-to-ear over here ....

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

Pink that!

But if he played as he did last night, it is hard to complain or fault him.

Even his lack of three point shooting is excusable because the ball moves creating open looks for those who can.

Dammmmmmn that was such a good game.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              One thing to consider with usage is that is does not include plays on which the player passes. DeMar did a great job passing last game, even with only 4 assists - so those plays that he initiated and then passed, leading to more ball movement and an easy shot won't count as one of his possessions, but he is involved in the offence nonetheless. DeMar was not the 6th least used player - he was just the 6th least used finisher on plays (per minute played) on the team. Meaning he only finished those plays where he had a very good chance of scoring, electing not to take those contested, early clock long two's that are so easy to shoot and so difficult to hit. Hence the high FG%, and lower usage.

I think it is not a coincidence at all that this game from DD, and the resulting distribution of offence through players like Carroll and JV, came in a massive blowout where the team was dominant on both ends. It's winning basketball, plain and simple.

Just wanted to highlight that last part in an overall fantastic post.

Comment

• i like what i saw but i wont buy in until i see a similarly played game with a close score, win or lose.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  i like what i saw but i wont buy in until i see a similarly played game with a close score, win or lose.
                  Yeah too early to buy in, but can be hopeful. Hard to erase years of history.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    i like what i saw but i wont buy in until i see a similarly played game with a close score, win or lose.
                    This is fair. When things got tough last year (winning time) the team tended to sink into that quagmire of iso garbage. That said, the Bucks made a run to within 6 late in the game and the Raptors responded with 3-4 minutes of the best passing I've seen from them all season. The early returns are certainly positive. We'll see if it holds up.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just so we are all aware though......

#Fearthecontractyear

Comment

• With Ross getting extended, fewer options for next off-season, we better hope that Demar has finally turned the corner. Game 3 DD is a welcome asset. Years 1,2,3....etc not so much.

Will the real Demar please stand up?
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          With Ross getting extended, fewer options for next off-season, we better hope that Demar has finally turned the corner. Game 3 DD is a welcome asset. Years 1,2,3....etc not so much.

Will the real Demar please stand up?
                          Trade deadline and draft night could be quite interesting.

I wonder if their own projections suggest cap might be higher than reported $89M?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Just so we are all aware though......

#Fearthecontractyear
                            Talking about Ross in a Demar thread again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              I wasn't opposed to the DD thread lock....it was off season afterall.

But since new games are being played, new discussion to be had.

You'll notice there are zero criticisms of his game last night despite it being, from a simple individual statistical perspective, not one of his best.
                              He played a great game from a team perspective. This engages his teammates. IF he continues this approach we may actually get past the first round this year. Sample size is small but it is certainly encouraging.

Comment

• With all that's happening, I have recalled an interview with DeMar (wish I could think how to search it) which discussed how shy and quiet a guy he was when he entered the league ... and how older Raptors players (again, wish I could remember which) took him aside, drew him out and showed him the ropes. My understanding is that he's been doing this for Ross (working with him in L.A. in summers, etc.).

It's typically very hard to get these deadline deals done, I understand, if there isn't a clear willingness on both sides. Glad we had that. If this team does manage to achieve, I look forward to the touch-feely documentary about how all these players made their way to Toronto, stuck around, grew together and had the time of their young lives ...

(But how's Snooch gonna photo-bomb that MoFo? It sure should happen. Stay tuned. )

Comment

Working...
                                X