Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Why do you think only the dumbest players fall for JV's pump fake? Cause rarely takes the shot.
    lol

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Why do you think only the dumbest players fall for JV's pump fake? Cause rarely takes the shot.

Why are you making this about JV?

You're on such a misplaced ego trip here today that it seems you've selectively ignored all the negative views held for JV. I mean, weren't you advocating starting Biz?

Just as much as DD's play has helped this team get off to a 5-0 start, JV has been equally impressive.

Comment

• please return to the subject of content and not each other.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• and just be happy us DeRozan doubters are starting to thaw
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• and also be aware that we were right on what was wrong with his game and wrong that he might not be able to change...at least for now. 82 games is a long season and I would LOVE to be wrong about DeRozan

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I disagree.

Last season was a total regression.

He showed flashes immediately following Gay trade but that was short lived and by time playoffs rolled around he was overall firmly entrenched in hero ball. Last season was a season of hero - with total capitulation come playoffs.

Even preseason was different than these first 4 of 5 games....game 2 was not so good.

My theory: after being an allstar he felt he had to show it wasn't a fluke. His way to do that was to force his game. Unfortunately that hurt both him and team. I hope it is a sign of maturation as a player and a realization he'll have much more individual success (awards and $$) as a result of team success.
              Don't think you can pin it so strongly on DD. He is coachable and always has been. The main evidence against that stance are Lou and Vasquez also passing less than they ever had in their careers. Last season was an un-mitigated disaster team-wide. Play selfish were the marching orders. Lest we forget these:

"We don't have the personnel to pass"
              "We do get a lot of in-between shots, but what kills the analytics geniuses is that we get to the free throw line a lot"

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                I didn't say it's the same playing style (though his usage is in line with the past two seasons, so I don't take the point there). My point has been, and is, that starting with the 2013-14 season Derozan has adjusted his game in a variety of ways and that he's continuing that trend early in the season. He is still going to take midrange jumpers and hunker down when he shouldn't and stop the ball now and again cause that's what he's always done and a player doesn't transform overnight but he's trending in the right direction. That's a positive and it's not something that started 4 games ago....
                This
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I go to lunch for an hour, and I miss 700 posts :|

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Why are you making this about JV?

You're on such a misplaced ego trip here today that it seems you've selectively ignored all the negative views held for JV. I mean, weren't you advocating starting Biz?

Just as much as DD's play has helped this team get off to a 5-0 start, JV has been equally impressive.
                    More so.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Demar has been playing well but CoJo looks to be the better option late in games than Demar to be running things. Alot of the things Demar has improved CoJo already does better. Rather run 10 possesions with CoJo weaving and probing then Demar tryting to create or draw fouls

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Demar has been playing well but CoJo looks to be the better option late in games than Demar to be running things. Alot of the things Demar has improved CoJo already does better. Rather run 10 possesions with CoJo weaving and probing then Demar tryting to create or draw fouls
                        I can still see Joseph playing his way into the starters position and lowry getting moved for a legit pf/

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          I can still see Joseph playing his way into the starters position and lowry getting moved for a legit pf/
                          Hmmmm, our long ball would take a big hit. Unless that PF is Kevin Love.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            or KL playing offball more late and Demar being used Defensively at the 3.

Comment

• Teams that use non - PG as the primary ballhandler late have Kobe, Wade, OKC with WB out and Cavs.

Comment

• The narrative in this thread is bizarre.
                                We are better this year because we are playing better D.
                                Our offensive rating this season system is lower than last year's average so how can anyone say that his offensive play style changing is what is letting us win. I'm not arguing he doesn't look better this year on offense but who really cares: we are better because our defense is better and he has improved his defensive play a lot this season.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X