No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anyone sign Beal for the max? Forget about the flaws in his game, Beal is due for a lengthy injury vacation at least once a season. He would have to prove to me that he can stay healthy consistently before I would offer him that kind of deal -- and I like Beal. Thing is, replacing Derozan with Beal sets back the time period that the team can succeed. Demar has way more dimensions to his game (better passer, defender, draws more fouls, etc). Though I believe that Beal's future is better than Demar's the Raptors need to start seeing improvements in the near future, not 2-3 years from now.

Sort of a treadmill move to be honest.

Comment

• Would you give DeRozan 20 Million a year

10 Games in and playing like an all star. PER is just under 21 and hes average 21/5/4/1 shooting 43% and getting to the line 9.4 times hitting 7.7 of them (82%). and the Team is 7-3

Lets say Raptors win 51 games, make it pass the first round and Demar averages very similar stats to what hes averaging right now.
      Draft day comes we get NYK's pick which is 9

Would you be comfortable giving demar 20 million a year for 4 or 5 years?
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
        neither has demar, yet we have given him 7 years, beal is in his, third?
        But the only people saying Demar is going to get Max are the people criticizing him on a daily basis .. and Christian. Lol

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
          10 Games in and playing like an all star. PER is just under 21 and hes average 21/5/4/1 shooting 43% and getting to the line 9.4 times hitting 7.7 of them (82%). and the Team is 7-3

Lets say Raptors win 51 games, make it pass the first round and Demar averages very similar stats to what hes averaging right now.

I'm going to merge this poll into the Demar thread if you don't mind Abbas. It will overtake the existing Poll and can sit atop the most popular thread at RR.

Maybe we leave it out for a bit, but I will eventually.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            But the only people saying Demar is going to get Max are the people criticizing him on a daily basis .. and Christian. Lol
            i dont think he will get the max, he is far from worth it, but I think he wants it but MU wont give it to him.

But he will get at least what Beal will get, and i dont see any way that Demar is better than Beal, not including Demars FTAs.

Yeah Demar gets to the line more, and is getting more assists, but BEal in his 4th year is a long way ahead of Demar in his third year.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              The good players go early
              like aldridge?

what was he like day 1 of free agency right?

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                Why would anyone sign Beal for the max? Forget about the flaws in his game, Beal is due for a lengthy injury vacation at least once a season. He would have to prove to me that he can stay healthy consistently before I would offer him that kind of deal -- and I like Beal. Thing is, replacing Derozan with Beal sets back the time period that the team can succeed. Demar has way more dimensions to his game (better passer, defender, draws more fouls, etc). Though I believe that Beal's future is better than Demar's the Raptors need to start seeing improvements in the near future, not 2-3 years from now.

Sort of a treadmill move to be honest.
                Demar draws more fouls. yup.

Demar gets more assists, I would not say he is a better passer, as Beal has not been in that role of a facilitaor yet. Demar in BEals role would suck balls.

And dude us 3 years younger, will not make as much as demar, and is already better in ALOT of areas over demar, excluding the always preached FTAs, which as has been proven the last 2 years in the playoffs, dont win you games.

Comment

• no.

Comment

• and reason:

Not that it needs to be stated AGAIN, but what demar does, that actually helps team to win, are the things that can be replaced by players at a lesser contract. Distributing the ball is not a hard to find trait in the nba. and Having a back to basket bigman that is being given touches, makes that role alot easier to fill.

You could replace what demar brings to winning basketball, at a fraction of the cost, and improve our worst position(pf) at the same time making us a better team in the long run, with the same financial burden of keeping all things the same.

Comment

i dont think he will get the max, he is far from worth it, but I think he wants it but MU wont give it to him.

But he will get at least what Beal will get, and i dont see any way that Demar is better than Beal, not including Demars FTAs.

Yeah Demar gets to the line more, and is getting more assists, but BEal in his 4th year is a long way ahead of Demar in his third year.
                      Of course he wants it. Bruno Caboclo wants the Max too. Doesn't mean he's going to get it. And doesn't mean he's going to ask for it either.

As for him getting "at least" what Beal will get, Beals Max is about $4M+ lower than what Demars is, and Beal has a pretty hefty injury history if I'm not mistaken, coupled with his own bouts of inconsistency. He is absolutely younger, and very well could possess more potential than Demar at this point in time, but I also have no doubt that the Wizards will pay to keep him around with Wall, as he is restricted, and "Good" restricted free agents generally do command a bit more than they are worth, so its tough to compare when so many different things don't line up between the two.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post

no id do something more realistic like 25 million a year, he is still a huge asset. plus we will sign him for that anyways lol. #facts

Comment

• I'll get back to you in few months.

Comment

Of course he wants it. Bruno Caboclo wants the Max too. Doesn't mean he's going to get it. And doesn't mean he's going to ask for it either.

As for him getting "at least" what Beal will get, Beals Max is about $4M+ lower than what Demars is, and Beal has a pretty hefty injury history if I'm not mistaken, coupled with his own bouts of inconsistency. He is absolutely younger, and very well could possess more potential than Demar at this point in time, but I also have no doubt that the Wizards will pay to keep him around with Wall, as he is restricted, and "Good" restricted free agents generally do command a bit more than they are worth, so its tough to compare when so many different things don't line up between the two.
                            it is apples to oranges, but I still think that Beal can be stolen away, especially if Washington is dreaming about a Durant/Wall pairing add to that Porter actually starting to produce a bit....

Comment

like aldridge?

what was he like day 1 of free agency right?
                              Moratorium was from July1 to July9.. Aldridge agreed to go to the Spurs on July 3rd.

Durant should get more suitors than Aldridge but I don't think KD will need the entire moratorium to decide. Washington will have 3 days after the moratorium to match a Beal offer if they want to. Plenty of time in my opinion.

Comment

I'm going to merge this poll into the Demar thread if you don't mind Abbas. It will overtake the existing Poll and can sit atop the most popular thread at RR.

Maybe we leave it out for a bit, but I will eventually.
                                Sure that would actually be perfect
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X