Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Also, you think Masai will cave? Personally, I don't think Masai is in Danger ... he IS the Danger.
    He is the one that knocks.
    Wild Masai uses hypnosis.... it's super effective.

"Sources, DeMar DeRozan signs 4yr/$8M deal with Toronto Raptors"

Comment

• Lowry is not a #1 option.. if you're letting DD walk, you sure as hell better be looking for another scorer.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Get a 3+D guy to start at SG (and no I don't mean a fake one like Ross) and give him the Harden/Manu role off the bench. He won't play it quite as well, but he could be deadly in that situation. If he's playing poorly (due for one of his 4-19 nights) you reduce his minutes or yank him when he does dumb shit (like Pop does with Manu). He'd have the advantage of not really having to guard top players (except at the end of the game most likely) and likely having weaker defenders covering him (and really let's be honest with ourselves, DeRozan usually wrecks bad defenders, he struggles when you put length on him because he doesn't have the first step to get the blow by).

Argument here is going to be "why the fuck would you pay $20M per year for your 6th man?" Well as a % of the cap that IS what elite 6th men in the past have made on contending teams (Terry in Dallas, Manu in San Antonio, Crawford in his earlier Clippers days, etc).

Would also greatly help our bench which can't score for shit outside of CoJo. DD would put pressure on the defense and help free up guys like Ross/2Pat for easier looks.

Kind of a moot point though because DeRozan probably won't be a 6th man as a Raptor ever (although perhaps he could be convinced that it's better for the team, we've seen some guys near/at/above his level make that transition before, Noah being a recent example).

EDIT: This strategy would also require the hiring of a much, MUCH better coach. Because if you take DD out of the starting lineup and keep trying to run this iso crap, you're going to need Lowry to have ~35% usage to win games, and like I said before he will die on the court.
        and 20 million is the new 17 million /s

get demar off the team and keep casey and we are still a better team.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          Lowry is not a #1 option.. if you're letting DD walk, you sure as hell better be looking for another scorer.
          Neither is DD.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            and 20 million is the new 17 million /s

get demar off the team and keep casey and we are still a better team.
            I hope/prefer to get rid of both.

Comment

congratulations, you were right, my bad.

you should really feel proud, not very often I make a mistake, much less have it seen.

but it changes NOTHING as 8 win shares is pretty weak from a starting sg on a team that wins 48 or so games a season, as at this point he is still 13th among shooting guards for win shares and is behind Corey Joseph.
              8 win shares is not "weak" at all.

8 win shares last year would've been 28th in the NBA (right after Jonas at 27th) and 4th among starting SGs (after Harden, Butler and Thompson).

Also DeRozan is not 13th among shooting guards in win shares. Maybe you're talking about WS/48, but in terms of win shares he's 30th in the NBA and the only SGs ahead of him are Harden and Jimmy Butler.
              Last edited by JWash; Mon Dec 7, 2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Lowry is not a #1 option.. if you're letting DD walk, you sure as hell better be looking for another scorer.
                that ridiculous.

lowry is better at everything than demar.

except dribbling videos at wallmart, and performing in big games at the drew league

Comment

congratulations, you were right, my bad.

you should really feel proud, not very often I make a mistake, much less have it seen.

but it changes NOTHING as 8 win shares is pretty weak from a starting sg on a team that wins 48 or so games a season, as at this point he is still 13th among shooting guards for win shares and is behind Corey Joseph.
                  I'm using basketball reference, which has Derozan at 2.1 win shares, and CoJo at 1.6 win shares. 2.1 > 1.6, so Derozan is not behind CoJo. Not sure what site you're using.

Derozan is currently 30th in the league in win shares, and 4th among SGs (Harden, Butler, Iggy, Derozan). Again, not sure where you're getting your numbers, but I'm using basketball reference. He ranks 12th among guards (PG and SG).

Fun note, Lowry is 3rd among guards in the league, behind only Curry and Westbrook (Lowry is awesome and all who say otherwise should cram it).

Comment

that ridiculous.

lowry is better at everything than demar.

except dribbling videos at wallmart, and performing in big games at the drew league
                    A.I wrote: View Post
                    Neither is DD.
                    Of course. Never said he was. DeMar and Lowry have a 1A/1B type of relationship on court. Letting DeMar walk and not filling his spot with sufficient scoring makes Kyle the #1 option on offense. Not a good idea.

Comment

8 win shares is not "weak" at all.

8 win shares last year would've been 28th in the NBA (right after Jonas at 27th) and 4th among starting SGs (after Harden, Butler and Thompson).

Also DeRozan is not 13th among shooting guards in win shares. Maybe you're talking about WS/48, but in terms of win shares he's 30th in the NBA and the only SGs ahead of him are Harden and Jimmy Butler.
                      13th this season in whinshares/48 which is far more relevant that just winshares....all you demar boys know this but oonly post the winshare number because demar is ranked at 6th instead of 13th taking guys out who were playing through injuries like Klay Thompson to start the year.

but even at straight win shares....harden, butler, bledsoe, iggy, look again. its really not hard to count that high.

people on here wanna max out a player that "LAST YEAR" would have been the "4th" best at his position which is WIDELY REGARDED AS THE WEAKEST position of talent for a player whose skillset is completely obsolete and unnecessary at his position? or a guy who is currently at 5th? or 13th in winshare/48 barely posting a net positive on the court?

Wow, really glad some of you guys arent the gm...

Comment

Of course. Never said he was. DeMar and Lowry have a 1A/1B type of relationship on court. Letting DeMar walk and not filling his spot with sufficient scoring makes Kyle the #1 option on offense. Not a good idea.
                        It would make Kyle and JV the 1a and 1b.

Kyle is better without demar....that has been evidenced in the past.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          I'm using basketball reference, which has Derozan at 2.1 win shares, and CoJo at 1.6 win shares. 2.1 > 1.6, so Derozan is not behind CoJo. Not sure what site you're using.

Derozan is currently 30th in the league in win shares, and 4th among SGs (Harden, Butler, Iggy, Derozan). Again, not sure where you're getting your numbers, but I'm using basketball reference. He ranks 12th among guards (PG and SG).

Fun note, Lowry is 3rd among guards in the league, behind only Curry and Westbrook (Lowry is awesome and all who say otherwise should cram it).
                          I already stated I was looking at winshare per 48, it makes no sense for anyone to look at winshare on their own and not on a per 4 minute.

And you forgot Bledsoe on your list.

So he is 5th.

Comment

It would make Kyle and JV the 1a and 1b.

Kyle is better without demar....that has been evidenced in the past.
                            You're assuming Casey is not the head coach. Couple of questions

1. Can JV handle that much increase in usage in just 1 season? Probably not. You're asking him to increase is USG% by quite a bit, as well as nearly double his FGA.. while maintaining his efficiency.

2. Don't you think Kyle's efficiency would drop without a legit 2nd scoring option? (edit*)

Comment

"Sources, DeMar DeRozan signs 4yr/$8M deal with Toronto Raptors"
                              There's a remote possibility we haven't talked about. What do you think Dan, can we sign Demar for a min deal?

Then we could fill our PF slot as well!
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

You're assuming Casey is not the head coach. Couple of questions

1. Can JV handle that much increase in usage in just 1 season? Probably not. You're asking him to increase is USG% by quite a bit, as well as nearly double his FGA.. while maintaining his efficiency.

2. Don't you think Kyle's efficiency would drop without a legit 2nd scoring option? (edit*)
                                Casey should not be the coach, but without DD, the offence would be spread out more. JV wouldn't have to handle DDs workload but everyone would see a relative increase. More PnR, more CoJo, more ball movement.

We don't have a star player, so we shouldn't play a star system; share the workload.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X