Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    I'm with you, but you need to continue adding star-calibre players to make real noise. You need 4-6 of them. Right now we've got 3. So yeah, keep adding those assets.
    Collecting all-stars like trading cards isn't going to win a title (not that it's even easy to do that). Need a superstar player. Plus I don't think DeRozan is a star-calibre player in terms of being that #1/#2 or even really #3 guy on a championship team. Most of the 2nd/3rd best players on contenders are better than him. Kyrie/Love are, Klay/Draymond are, Westbrook/Ibaka are, Dwight is, Blake/DeAndre are, Duncan/Aldridge/Parker are, etc.

I think DeRozan could maybe be the 2nd leading scorer on a championship team, but he'd need to be the 3rd most important player (if you have a top 5 player in the league, see Terry with Dirk in 2011) or like 4th (see Rip in Detroit, and that is very hard to replicate).

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Collecting all-stars like trading cards isn't going to win a title (not that it's even easy to do that). Need a superstar player. Plus I don't think DeRozan is a star-calibre player in terms of being that #1/#2 or even really #3 guy on a championship team. Most of the 2nd/3rd best players on contenders are better than him. Kyrie/Love are, Klay/Draymond are, Westbrook/Ibaka are, Dwight is, Blake/DeAndre are, Duncan/Aldridge/Parker are, etc.

I think DeRozan could maybe be the 2nd leading scorer on a championship team, but he'd need to be the 3rd most important player (if you have a top 5 player in the league, see Terry with Dirk in 2011) or like 4th (see Rip in Detroit, and that is very hard to replicate).
      Well, there's only one superstar in our conference, so at least we're the same boat with pretty good company.

Comment

Well, there's only one superstar in our conference, so at least we're the same boat with pretty good company.
        There are 2 (George and James). And we're not competing against our conference, we're competing to win an NBA championship.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          There are 2 (George and James). And we're not competing against our conference, we're competing to win an NBA championship.
          Maybe I'll watch George tonight against GSW to see if he's (re)gained superstar status.

Comment

I'm with you, but you need to continue adding star-calibre players to make real noise. You need 4-6 of them. Right now we've got 3, maybe 4 including Cory who could be one of the top 6th men. So yeah, we need to continue adding assets, and prepare to flip them when the right opportunity comes knocking.

DeMar is not the savior. But he's a very good player, and you need those to win.
            How are you going to add more star calibre players when a good player takes up the 20 milllion worth of cap

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              How are you going to add more star calibre players when a good player takes up the 20 milllion worth of cap

Ask them to sign for the minimum.

Comment

Maybe I'll watch George tonight against GSW to see if he's (re)gained superstar status.
                Check the standings and his game logs.

The answer is yes.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

Not to mention Carroll and Ross eating up another $25 million. That's half the cap in DeMar, Carroll, and Ross. Ugh.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Check the standings and his game logs.

The answer is yes.
                    I'd like to see PG sustain "superstar" status for a whole season. He started like a house afire a few seasons ago and then faded badly. Kind of like what Lowry does. His offensive stats always show he's a notch below uber-elite in efficiency and usage (in the Kyrie Irving tier). People always remember the hot starts, but quickly forget the cold finishes.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      I'd like to see PG sustain "superstar" status for a whole season. He started like a house afire a few seasons ago and then faded badly. Kind of like what Lowry does. His offensive stats always show he's a notch below uber-elite in efficiency and usage (in the Kyrie Irving tier). People always remember the hot starts, but quickly forget the cold finishes.
                      People also forget the defence and remember the offence.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

He was 23 his last hot start two seasons ago.....and this year is a few notches beyond hot fwiw.

Personally I do hope he sustains it as he is on my fantasy team - lol

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          People also forget the defence and remember the offence.
                          LOL. Touche. That's true. PG is definitely a top 10, when it comes to two-way players.

Comment

LOL. Touche. That's true. PG is definitely a top 10, when it comes to two-way players.
                            That's not even directed at you, but it's a bugaboo of mine that so many fans glaze over the entire defensive side of the court.

Paul George
                            Kawhi Leonard
                            Jimmy Butler

Names that never come up in MVP conversation but are likely more deserving than some of the offensive stars that get named.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              That's not even directed at you, but it's a bugaboo of mine that so many fans glaze over the entire defensive side of the court.

Paul George
                              Kawhi Leonard
                              Jimmy Butler

Names that never come up in MVP conversation but are likely more deserving than some of the offensive stars that get named.
                              I mean, lets be honest. The only thing that stands between Steph Curry and MVP #2 is his ankles.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                I mean, lets be honest. The only thing that stands between Steph Curry and MVP #2 is his ankles.
                                Curry deserved it but is George less deserving than Harden? Harden plays no defence and scores a lot. George scores less (but still a lot) while playing elite defence. Which player is really more valuable?

Comment

Working...
                                X