Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    DD season averages
    21.4 PPG, 4.3 APG(2.5), 4.2 RPG .435 FG, .219 3FG, .832 FT

DD in december
    22.2 PPG, 4.8 APG, 4.2 RPG .478 FG

Dude is ballin' this year
    demar is the byproduct of the system.

his shooting is very poor and should not be used in any effort to boost opinions of him.

Comment

• Like last year when i said Casey will be back next year. There's no doubt in my mind that DeRozan will be back next year. Masai is not stupid.

The reality is, whether you like it or not, the NBA has become a GUARDS LEAGUE. The Lowry/DeRozan backcourt is arguably the best backcourt in the East. Top 5 in all of NBA. Why would you even mess that up?

Add a LEGIT power forward on this team and this team instantly becomes a contender.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It sucks we can't just enjoy the fact that the guy had an awesome game against one of the best defenses in the league, without reading the same old tired criticisms.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Klay isn't actually a great defender. He plays for a great defensive team, but it's hard to find a defensive metric by which he personally is fantastic. He does his job, plays within the team concept and is a fantastic 3 point shooter. In today's pace and space game, 3 point shooting is one of the most valued skills, and one that DeMar absolutely doesn't have.

I agree on DeMar's passing, he's great in a penetrate and pass capacity. When he plays within a team concept, DeMar is a solid asset. Unfortunately, in his bad games he takes a lot of low percentage shots and kills the ball movement.
          As long as you can be top 3 in free throws. You'll always have a place in the NBA. Than when you add that with a player that can consistently find open players when the defensive is giving him too much attention. You got yourself an all-star.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
            DeMar (or any player near his level) at $12M per year will not exist in the NBA moving forwards.

$12M per year is fringe starter money at this point.
            Moving forward, given trends in the league the last few years, I'm not sure that a SG who can't shoot the 3 pointer and isn't Tony Allen is more than a fringe starter. The trend in the league towards pace and space shows no signs of slowing down, and DeMar is a bad pace and space player.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              As long as you can be top 3 in free throws. You'll always have a place in the NBA. Than when you add that with a player that can consistently find open players when the defensive is giving him too much attention. You got yourself an all-star.
              I don't want all-stars, I want banners. I think DeMar can be an allstar, I don't think as a centerpiece of a squad he can be a champion.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                that only happens when demar gets into trouble.

And it is generally a one and done pass from out of those plays, rarely do they lead to a secondary, or god forbid, a third pass.
                that's not DD's fault. That's on the player who get the ball. At that point Dd has done his job. His gotten two player to guard him and than he moved the ball.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  It sucks we can't just enjoy the fact that the guy had an awesome game against one of the best defenses in the league, without reading the same old tired criticisms.
                  It's really annoying. It's not like we don't know DD has flaws. He's not a good shooter, he doesn't make much impact on the defensive end, he can get tunnel vision at times, especially when he feels like the team needs to score.

But he's still on the Raptors. We should be able to enjoy when a player on our team has a good game for Pete's sake.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                    demar is the byproduct of the system.

his shooting is very poor and should not be used in any effort to boost opinions of him.
                    Lol so now Dd is a product of the system. I thought he was the problem with the system?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Like last year when i said Casey will be back next year. There's no doubt in my mind that DeRozan will be back next year. Masai is not stupid.

The reality is, whether you like it or not, the NBA has become a GUARDS LEAGUE. The Lowry/DeRozan backcourt is arguably the best backcourt in the East. Top 5 in all of NBA. Why would you even mess that up?

Add a LEGIT power forward on this team and this team instantly becomes a contender.
                      Thank you. I've only been saying this since the summer time!
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The more I look on that site, the more I believe he's not as good as advertised. It's hard to find ranges where he shoots above average, leading me to believe more and more he's a guy who is just great at drawing fouls and otherwise average. In almost all ranges, his average is below league average.
                        That is because that is true!

Demar is great at getting to the line, but he is a very subpar shooter.

Reduce his attempts and he becomes evan turner.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          It's really annoying. It's not like we don't know DD has flaws. He's not a good shooter, he doesn't make much impact on the defensive end, he can get tunnel vision at times, especially when he feels like the team needs to score.

But he's still on the Raptors. We should be able to enjoy when a player on our team has a good game for Pete's sake.
                          And his detractors(which I am) also appreciate his good games. I like watching him play. But I can say that while still not wanting him to be a max guy on our team, because I feel like that uses too much cap space on a guy who's not good enough to be a 1st or 2nd option on a championship team.

Isn't it possible that while I appreciate his skills, I still think we'd be better off moving him? Because I think that we could be a better team without him, does that automatically mean that I hate everything about the guy? Because that's not how I feel.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            It sucks we can't just enjoy the fact that the guy had an awesome game against one of the best defenses in the league, without reading the same old tired criticisms.
                            its a shame that we have to read all of the I told you so's and "demar is awesome." and the always favorite "Demar is straight ballin' cause he had a game where he shot a MUCH higher percentage that he averages.

You may find the criticisms annoying, but some find the non stop puffery annoying.

Comment

I don't want all-stars, I want banners. I think DeMar can be an allstar, I don't think as a centerpiece of a squad he can be a champion.
                              You don't want all-stars? Amazing!

And you see no connection between all stars and banners? Also amazing!

(The fans and coaches fill out all-star rosters with non-"generational" players because there aren't enough of those to make up two squads - let alone 30 ...)

Comment

Why does he need to be the centerpiece? Once again, I think everyone agrees that Demar isn't suited to be a legit #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X