Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Lol so now Dd is a product of the system. I thought he was the problem with the system?
    Never said that.

The system is flawed, but it maximizes demars opportunity.

The problem is it is a bad system to have in place...as evidenced by multiple playoff failures.

If you read all of my posts, you would see this is an issue I have stated many times.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Why does he need to be the centerpiece? Once again, I think everyone agrees that Demar isn't suited to be a legit #1.
      He shouldnt be a centerpiece, but is demar, as a third or 4th option, worth anywhere near what it is going to cost to keep him?

Is it even worth keping him in that role when his skillset in generally one that doesnt fit that role of 3rd or 4th starter since he is both a poor shooter and defender.

Or as a sixth man he would surely be useful, in that Lou Williams role....but will he accept that role and pay? I do not think so.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Like last year when i said Casey will be back next year. There's no doubt in my mind that DeRozan will be back next year. Masai is not stupid.

The reality is, whether you like it or not, the NBA has become a GUARDS LEAGUE. The Lowry/DeRozan backcourt is arguably the best backcourt in the East. Top 5 in all of NBA. Why would you even mess that up?

Add a LEGIT power forward on this team and this team instantly becomes a contender.
        And oh, he's definitely not going to get traded this year lol. Come on man, some of the stuff that you read in this thread, just drives me nuts!
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          its a shame that we have to read all of the I told you so's and "demar is awesome." and the always favorite "Demar is straight ballin' cause he had a game where he shot a MUCH higher percentage that he averages.

You may find the criticisms annoying, but some find the non stop puffery annoying.
          But you don't see the difference here?!

1) One of our players had a great game, and people are happy and expressing "good game".

2) One of our players had a great game, and you come in replying to each and every post saying "he still sucks!!".

Now, one of those comes off as fans being fans and enjoying a good game by one of our players.

The other comes off as ... well ... I think its been said exactly what this comes off as, and it isn't really all that enjoyable for 90% of the posters here.

Comment

Why does he need to be the centerpiece? Once again, I think everyone agrees that Demar isn't suited to be a legit #1.
            But if he's not one of the top dogs (i.e. with the green light to counter his poor percentages with high usage), his value decreases dramatically.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              I don't want all-stars, I want banners. I think DeMar can be an allstar, I don't think as a centerpiece of a squad he can be a champion.
              We all want banners but, cause Dd get 20 mil doesn't make him the center piece of the team. We have the best backcourt in the conference in a guard orientated league right now. Raptors are seriously one more legit All-star from contending in the east.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Joey wrote:
                You just can't let a single post go without having to jump in a take a quick shit on DD. Its amazing.
                thats an unneccessary post imo.

It was a valid counter to the post to which I responded.

Comment

So again, in the context of what I had said in the previous post, he isn't worth $20 million if he isn't going to be that guy. I'm not saying he's not good enough to be in the NBA, I'm saying I don't want us to be the team paying him $20 mil next year, because someone will be paying him $20mil+ next year.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                    You don't want all-stars? Amazing!

And you see no connection between all stars and banners? Also amazing!

(The fans and coaches fill out all-star rosters with non-"generational" players because there aren't enough of those to make up two squads - let alone 30 ...)
                    All-stars aren't necessarily champions. A championship team needs a few guys who are all-stars, and a group around them who fill roles. If DeMar isn't good enough to be one of the leaders, he needs to be one of the role players, and his game isn't suited to that.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      Never said that.

The system is flawed, but it maximizes demars opportunity.

The problem is it is a bad system to have in place...as evidenced by multiple playoff failures.

If you read all of my posts, you would see this is an issue I have stated many times.
                      It also maximizes Kyle Lowry opportunities. You know our best player. This isn't the same team from years pass. Their tougher and better built for playoff success.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

But you don't see the difference here?!

1) One of our players had a great game, and people are happy and expressing "good game".

2) One of our players had a great game, and you come in replying to each and every post saying "he still sucks!!".

Now, one of those comes off as fans being fans and enjoying a good game by one of our players.

The other comes off as ... well ... I think its been said exactly what this comes off as, and it isn't really all that enjoyable for 90% of the posters here.
                        I havent said he sucks

I debated against certain posts that where, I deemed, Incorrect.

so basically, everything posted about Demar must be taken as absolute fact now?

not allowed a difference of opinion?

Like Fuck man...

If someone claims that a player is one of the best in the league at something, and they aren't, that is something not allowed to be debated against?

that hate or trolling or whatever?

And I am not the only person who does it...you just feel a need to single out me because I no doubt speak the loudest.

But whatever...lets all be happy with our little rose cloured glasses and forget past failures of the team and all sit around and hold our nuts while we gloss over all advanced statistics that show that the team we love is running on a treadmill that is only going to start spinning faster and faster and faster while the legs get more tired and more tired.

Or we can just blame casey and ross.

what do you want.....Blame casey or pretend everything is awesome

Comment

It also maximizes Kyle Lowry opportunities. You know our best player. This isn't the same team from years pass. Their tougher and better built for playoff success.
                          yes absolutely!

Team is very very different than last 2 season.

I expect at least 4 rounds won in this years playoffs!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            And oh, he's definitely not going to get traded this year lol. Come on man, some of the stuff that you read in this thread, just drives me nuts!
                            #raptorforlyfe

Comment

We all want banners but, cause Dd get 20 mil doesn't make him the center piece of the team. We have the best backcourt in the conference in a guard orientated league right now. Raptors are seriously one more legit All-star from contending in the east.
                              DD does nothing but play offense, his playmaking/decision making has improved, but his defense and 3 point shooting has not, just because of those 2 weaknesses I don't see him being a starter on a championship level team. Which is why 20M for him is overpay.

Comment

The way we're playing right now forces Lowry to play a ton of demanding minutes. The same type of minutes that saw him wear down last year and be a much less effective player at the end of the season into the playoffs. We need to let Lowry take less of a load, or we won't win in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, right now, because of DeMar's limitations, we can't give Lowry nights off or we'll lose the division and because of the parity in the east we might even miss the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X