Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    He also mention just pure FG% and that's what I posted. If I annoy you can just ignore me.
    I did post that, and I said jimmys was higher.

last i checked 44.8% is larger than 43.5%

Now if you want to argue that is a minute difference, lets go back to arguments about demar scoring less than a point more than last season is a great improvement.

Comment

When did I say Dd was better than Butler? All I was trying to say is that their isn't that huge of a gap between the two. Their both second tier wing players.
      Well there is a pretty huge gap defensively, so even if they are comparable scorers, then they are still pretty far apart.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

When did I say Dd was better than Butler? All I was trying to say is that their isn't that huge of a gap between the two. Their both second tier wing players.
        second tier?

Demar yes...

Butler is argueably the top sg in the league right now.

Jimmy +15 net rating tops offensive and defensive rating between himself, Harden, Klay and Demar
        Klay +8
        Harden +4
        Demar +1

Comment

Jimmy Butler is absolutely not a second tier wing player. He's one of the absolute best in the game. He's elite defensively and very, very good offensively.

Developmentally, as well, Butler and DeRozan might be the same age but Butler has half the minutes played in the NBA that DeMar does, so you could easily make a case that Butler has more growth left than DeMar does.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Absolutes? People have trouble getting a firm opinion!
            So some have said. It's certainly possible, I suppose ...

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
              So some have said. It's certainly possible, I suppose ...
              Maybe.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                I did post that, and I said jimmys was higher.

last i checked 44.8% is larger than 43.5%

Now if you want to argue that is a minute difference, lets go back to arguments about demar scoring less than a point more than last season is a great improvement.
                You said he was far more higher. All I was saying is that he wasn't. In that category. Didn't mean to upset everybody lol
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well there is a pretty huge gap defensively, so even if they are comparable scorers, then they are still pretty far apart.
                  i dont even think they are that close offensively. Jimmy is more efficient with his touches.

per 36 minutes jimmy scores 1 less point on 2 less shots.

Comment

Still think they both fall under the same tier. Not superstars but, legit All-Stars.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

i dont even think they are that close offensively. Jimmy is more efficient with his touches.

per 36 minutes jimmy scores 1 less point on 2 less shots.
                      What's really crazy? Jimmy also has a higher FT Rate than DeMar.

Comment

Still think they both fall under the same tier. Not superstars but, legit All-Stars.
                        Simple question, if someone proposed a straight up trade for the two players, what happens?

My opinion: Toronto jumps on it, Chicago doesn't consider it for a second.

Comment

The dude said Butler was far more efficient and used FG% as one of the criteria and than I posted their FG%. What's the issue with what I said.
                          Because you are just using one simple stat to try and make your point...If you are going to use basic stats then you forgot 3pt% and FT% buddy.

DD: 43.5% FG, 22% 3pt FG and 83% FT
                          Jimmy: 45% FG, 35% 3pt FG (Far, far better) and 83% FT.

Also as pointed out by others, DD has a TS% of 53% and Jimmy 57%.

So yes, Jimmy is more efficient than DD.

Comment

second tier?

Demar yes...

Butler is argueably the top sg in the league right now.

Jimmy +15 net rating tops offensive and defensive rating between himself, Harden, Klay and Demar
                            Klay +8
                            Harden +4
                            Demar +1
                            I said wing players. His not in the first tier with LBJ, KD, PG13, Harden, Melo. His in that second tier with Dd
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Jimmy Butler is les than 1 point per game behind demar and FAR more efficient
                              logging a higher offensive rating, TS$, FG%, 3pt%, better defenisve rating more rebounds, more steals on less usage.
                              Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              You said he was far more higher. All I was saying is that he wasn't. In that category. Didn't mean to upset everybody lol
                              There I broke out my orginal post to make it a little easier to understand.

I said Butler has a far higher efficiency.

then I say he has a higher shooting percentage etc.

Efficiency and shooting percentages are 2 separate things.

Comment

I said wing players. His not in the first tier with LBJ, KD, PG13, Harden, Melo. His in that second tier with Dd
                                I actually think you could make a case that Butler is first tier with those guys. He's been the best player on one of the best teams in the league for the last two years, and is again this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X