Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    This isn't high school or college. You need upper echelon talent to win.
    Yes you do, and Demar isn't upper echelon talent, so we need to compensate for lack of those players with smart roster design and fit.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Yes you do, and Demar isn't upper echelon talent, so we need to compensate for lack of those players with smart roster design and fit.
      Right now his playing like one
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Right now his playing like one
        And three weeks ago he wasn't. We can't afford to pay him like he is.

I'd be happy to keep him for the right price (and role). But I don't trust the market.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

And three weeks ago he wasn't. We can't afford to pay him like he is.

I'd be happy to keep him for the right price (and role). But I don't trust the market.
          Whats the right price?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Whats the right price?
            $17M - $19M tops seems fair for a guy who should be an off the bench scorer. More than fair really.

But exploring the trade market might be the better option.

Comment

$17M - $19M tops seems fair for a guy who should be an off the bench scorer. More than fair really.
              phooey.

he is a top 10 scorer in the league having the best season of his life. breath some love into the hate. he is abusing good defenders this year and you think he is only able to come in and face bench players.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                phooey.

he is a top 10 scorer in the league having the best season of his life. breath some love into the hate. he is abusing good defenders this year and you think he is only able to come in and face bench players.
                No, I think that is the role he is best suited for. His defence, perimeter shooting and ball movement skills are better suited for an off the bench scorer's role. That way he can play "his game" and provide value. Jamal Crawford type of situation. No shame in being better suited for the bench.

I don't hate Demar, I just happen to think he is incredibly over rated.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  phooey.

He's like a reverse James Harden

Comment

• The James Harden comparison for DeMar falls apart when you realize that Harden is better than DeMar at basically everything you do on a basketball court except defense, which Harden is awful at lately, but DeMar is still average to below average at.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

But exploring the trade market might be the better option.
                      Unless you mean sixth man type SG who plays more minutes (a lot more) than the starter ala Harden, Ginobili, etc this is a massive underrating of DD.

And he'd only fit that role if he was on a team that had a absolutely elite scorers in the starting 5. (Parker-Duncan) (KD-Westbrook). Not just on the bench for the sake of it.

Axel wrote: View Post
                      No, I think that is the role he is best suited for. His defence, perimeter shooting and ball movement skills are better suited for an off the bench scorer's role. That way he can play "his game" and provide value. Jamal Crawford type of situation. No shame in being better suited for the bench.

I don't hate Demar, I just happen to think he is incredibly over rated.
                      He's incredibly underrated on this board.

Go to any other team's forum or a general NBA forum and ask them if they think it'd be smart for the Raptors to let DeRozan walk and then spend that money on two role players. Let's see what they say.

Barolt wrote: View Post
                      The James Harden comparison for DeMar falls apart when you realize that Harden is better than DeMar at basically everything you do on a basketball court except defense, which Harden is awful at lately, but DeMar is still average to below average at.
                      Nobody is comparing him to Harden... Harden is leaps and bounds better than DeRozan, he's a legitimate superstar talent on the offensive end of the floor.
                      Last edited by JWash; Mon Dec 21, 2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

DeRozan is absolutely an upper echelon talent. I can count on 1 hand the number of better shooting guards than him. And he's top 20 in the NBA in win shares, he's 11th in offensive win shares. He's in the 110 oRTG, 25%+ USG, 30+mpg class that golden mentioned, the raw stats are there as well, his efficiency (TS%) is above league average even at his incredibly high volume. If that's not upper echelon talent I don't know what is. He's not a superstar in this league, but he's a hell of a lot better than the bargain-bin 2 for 1 options that have been recommended as his replacement.

Grass is not always greener. Getting rid of DD isn't the solution to the Raptors problems.

If DD is allowed to walk and a comparable or better player is not signed (Bettter - KD, Horford, Comparable - Batum) we will take a step back next season. Would be a very, very poor decision.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          Unless you mean sixth man type SG who plays more minutes (a lot more) than the starter ala Harden, Ginobili, Terry, etc this is sort of disrespectful.

He's incredibly underrated on this board.

Go to any other team's forum or a general NBA forum and ask them if they think it'd be smart for the Raptors to let DeRozan walk and then spend that money on two role players. Let's see what they say.

Nobody is comparing him to Harden... Harden is leaps and bounds better than DeRozan, he's a legitimate superstar talent on the offensive end of the floor.
                          I think that's exactly what he means, i.e., the OKC-Harden, GSW-Iggy, SAS-Manu type role. Strictly to balance out the offence. Demar's a starter in this league, nobody can even question that. But if DD was willing to swallow his pride and volunteer to go to the bench, that would open up so many options for the team. Probably help ball movement with the starters too.

It would be similar to the Iggy for Barnes swap, when Barnes was gifted the starter's role by Kerr after regressing badly under Mark Jackson. I wouldn't mind seeing if that could work for the Raps.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            And you can play a team game just fine with DeRozan, better than with 2 mediocre players that's for sure.
                            Ya think? lol.

Let's see:

- Averaging 22/4/4 this year
                            - Top 10 scorer in the league
                            - All Star caliber player
                            - Raps best scorer/go to guy in the clutch
                            - One of the leaders of the team
                            - One of best player in franchise history
                            - 26 years old

But let him walk in the summer and let's sign 2 mediocre players. Let's sign Gerald Henderson. That would make us a better team. Lol. Come on man. Some of the stuff that's on this thread are pure comedy. Pure comedy.

I'm not even gonna bother to respond. I feel stupid just by reading some of the stuff that's in here. I really hope some of you guys here are trolling lol if not...yikes.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• And btw, yeah the way he's playing right now he's definitely a 20mill guy. Easily.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X