Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
    I can stomach anywhere from 18-22 mill per. Anything above that is overpay imo
    reasonable. i am hoping for something like 5 years for 100

Comment

• Would like to hear how paying DD makes the team better from those who support him. Still havent heard an argument that is relevant to on-court stuff

Right now we are playing .500 basketball with DD playing the best ball of his career...why pay more for just .500 ball??

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        Would like to hear how paying DD makes the team better from those who support him. Still havent heard an argument that is relevant to on-court stuff

Right now we are playing .500 basketball with DD playing the best ball of his career...why pay more for just .500 ball??
        So it doesn't matter that our team is missing two starters and a legit PF?? That's odd...

Paying Demar doesn't make us worse and with some internal improvements we may be even better in the future. Not to mention that we have Assets

- young players with potential
        - draft picks
        - veteran players

Than can be used in combination to improve our team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          So it doesn't matter that our team is missing two starters and a legit PF?? That's odd...

Paying Demar doesn't make us worse and with some internal improvements we may be even better in the future. Not to mention that we have Assets

- draft picks
          - veteran players

Paying him doesn't make us worse, but seriously handicaps our future flexibility. I don't know why you guys are so adamant about him getting the max. It's not like you'll be getting a cut. Shouldn't you want him to sign at a discount rate so that he can help the team sign better role players?
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Would like to hear how paying DD makes the team better from those who support him. Still havent heard an argument that is relevant to on-court stuff

technically if we could get all the players to play for no money we would really have a good team

Comment

- draft picks
              - veteran players

Consider too that last year when DD had some of his best individual play in the last few months of last season, the team also wasnt playing well. Yes, Lowry was hurt then, but still i think you cant completely overlook this completely. Perhaps his good play just doesnt translate to team wins the same way it does when other all stars like Lowry play at peak form.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Paying him doesn't make us worse, but seriously handicaps our future flexibility. I don't know why you guys are so adamant about him getting the max. It's not like you'll be getting a cut. Shouldn't you want him to sign at a discount rate so that he can help the team sign better role players?
                Who wants to pay him the max though? You're just making this up.

Comment

• Everything Demar Derozan

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Consider too that last year when DD had some of his best individual play in the last few months of last season, the team also wasnt playing well. Yes, Lowry was hurt then, but still i think you cant completely overlook this completely. Perhaps his good play just doesnt translate to team wins the same way it does when other all stars like Lowry play at peak form.
                  Perhaps his good play didn't translate because he had no help. It's proven that star players can no longer do it in their own.

Pretty sure we weren't much different when Lowry was playing at peak form and Demar was out last season. Actually, if I remember correctly, the win percentage without Demar was slightly worse. Also, the defense fell off a cliff. This with Lowry going supernova.

Lowry got worn out and we saw the results. I would argue that Lowry needs a guy like Demar to share the workload or else he feels the need to do it all....But he can't.

One last thing:

Russell Westbrook was 4th in MVP voting results last year. His team pretty much played just over .500 ball as well. They didn't even make the playoffs last year. Take that in....

There are other examples of all-stars.... Kevin Love in Minnesota, Bosh in Toronto, etc.

Last edited by special1; Tue Dec 22, 2015, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    this reasoning eliminates nearly every all star and superstar because only one team gets to win anything meaningful. if championship is the goal and we don't have lebron or curry we should do nothing, because anything less is futile and a treadmill move.

Comment

Perhaps his good play didn't translate because he had no help. It's proven that star players can no longer do it in their own.

Pretty sure we weren't much different when Lowry was playing at peak form and Demar was out last season. Actually, if I remember correctly, the win percentage without Demar was slightly worse. Also, the defense fell off a cliff. This with Lowry going supernova.

Lowry got worn out and we saw the results. I would argue that Lowry needs a guy like Demar to share the workload or else he feels the need to do it all....But he can't.

One last thing:

Russell Westbrook was 4th in MVP voting results last year. His team pretty much played just over .500 ball as well. They didn't even make the playoffs last year. Take that in....

There are other examples of all-stars.... Kevin Love in Minnesota, Bosh in Toronto, etc.

You're comparing Lowry and DD to Westbrook and KD lol. KD won MVP the season before, it would make sense OKC would struggle even with Westbrook going berserk. Also Westbrook missed several games early on and Ibaka missed games as well. With Westbrook, OKC went 41-27, decent record, but the West was really tough last season.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        - You take DD out of our starting lineup and replace him with Ross (presumably) and the talent level of our starting 5 isn't significantly higher than that Detroit one.
                        - You should've picked a team with a demonstrably good offensive gameplan and execution as an example instead of picking one of the worst offenses in the NBA.
                        - DD is a much better player than Hedo was.
                        - Jameer initiated the ball and had an even lower %ast'd rate than Lowry does right now. He was their primary creator, Hedo secondary.
                        You need to read more carefully.

I didn't say, "we should copy the Pistons". I said we should run a 4 out offence. You then countered that there is no way to be better using two lesser players to replace DD. I then pointed out that Detroit, with less talented and worse fit players than us, are only 0.5 games back of us in the standings, despite Jennings playing zero games so far and losing their starting SG in the 2nd game of the season. So clearly the offence can win games without elite talent (in the east), can anyone say the same about ours?

DD is a better player than Hedo, but like you continuously seem to ignore, this isn't about DD vs this player or that player, it's about skills that fit. Hedo was a 6'10 passer at SF. Good fit for the starting line up. DD is a ball dominant scoring guard, good fit for the off the bench 6th man role.

Quoting Jameer's stats just goes to further prove that you don't seem to get the difference between instituting an offensive scheme and copying another team. Jameer's stats are useless because Lowry is a significantly better player and we would adjust the scheme to take advantage of that fact. Lowry would be able to beat his man off the dribble and get into the lane much more than Jameer. That would create opportunities for Lowry to drive and kick/lob/score that Jameer simply couldn't do.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Actually, if I remember correctly, the win percentage without Demar was slightly worse.

One last thing:

You don't remember correctly. The team went 11-4 in December without DD.

When DD played his best in March, we went 7-8.

OKC isn't a great example because the players in question are significantly better but so is the competition. The West last year was simply a different level of competition.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Trade Demar for two role players.... lol

Because superstars want to play with role players not other superstars or at the very least all-stars.....this is new to me.

I guess mediocrity is better when Demar isn't a part of it.

Mediocrity comes in many forms.

Landing a superstar in free agency is a long shot; if we don't land Durant/Horford, then we need a better plan than status quo. I don't expect to land either of them so am planning for a system that should help offset that.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              You need to read more carefully.

I didn't say, "we should copy the Pistons". I said we should run a 4 out offence. You then countered that there is no way to be better using two lesser players to replace DD. I then pointed out that Detroit, with less talented and worse fit players than us, are only 0.5 games back of us in the standings, despite Jennings playing zero games so far and losing their starting SG in the 2nd game of the season. So clearly the offence can win games without elite talent (in the east), can anyone say the same about ours?

DD is a better player than Hedo, but like you continuously seem to ignore, this isn't about DD vs this player or that player, it's about skills that fit. Hedo was a 6'10 passer at SF. Good fit for the starting line up. DD is a ball dominant scoring guard, good fit for the off the bench 6th man role.

Quoting Jameer's stats just goes to further prove that you don't seem to get the difference between instituting an offensive scheme and copying another team. Jameer's stats are useless because Lowry is a significantly better player and we would adjust the scheme to take advantage of that fact. Lowry would be able to beat his man off the dribble and get into the lane much more than Jameer. That would create opportunities for Lowry to drive and kick/lob/score that Jameer simply couldn't do.
                              I don't really need you evaluating how well I can read, it's degrading and rude. I've read and understood what you're saying just fine.

- I didn't say anything about copying Detroit player for player, just copying or emulating the 4-out system, which is what you're suggesting.

- I didn't say "there is no way to be better using two lesser players to replace DD", I said replacing DeRozan with two role players does not make the Raptors better or move the team forwards.

- I'm talking about fit there, DeRozan is not just a scoring SG he is also a playmaking SG. You're acting like Hedo was Steve Nash or something on that team. DeRozan has almost the exact same assist rate that Hedo did when he went to the finals with ORL, and he turns it over way less. DeRozan is a better playmaker and passer than Hedo. So there's no reason why you couldn't have DD out there as a secondary playmaker like Hedo was.

- Again I understand the difference just fine. I quoted Jameer's stats because you said "Better to let Lowry initiate with the ball" than to have DeRozan out there working as a playmaker, when that system isn't really designed to only have one guy who can attack off the dribble. Yes Lowry is better than Jameer was, but if you look at most successful teams they usually have two guys who can create for them off the bounce not just one in the starting lineup. So even if you wanted to run that system, having DD out there to drive and kick or run screen and roll action with Jonas to free him up and take attention away from shooters would be very effective.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                I don't really need you evaluating how well I can read, it's degrading and rude. I've read and understood what you're saying just fine.

- I didn't say anything about copying Detroit player for player, just copying or emulating the 4-out system, which is what you're suggesting.

- I didn't say "there is no way to be better using two lesser players to replace DD", I said replacing DeRozan with two role players does not make the Raptors better or move the team forwards.

- I'm talking about fit there, DeRozan is not just a scoring SG he is also a playmaking SG. You're acting like Hedo was Steve Nash or something on that team. DeRozan has almost the exact same assist rate that Hedo did when he went to the finals with ORL, and he turns it over way less. DeRozan is a better playmaker and passer than Hedo. So there's no reason why you couldn't have DD out there as a secondary playmaker like Hedo was.

- Again I understand the difference just fine. I quoted Jameer's stats because you said "Better to let Lowry initiate with the ball" than to have DeRozan out there working as a playmaker, when that system isn't really designed to only have one guy who can attack off the dribble. Yes Lowry is better than Jameer was, but if you look at most successful teams they usually have two guys who can create for them off the bounce not just one in the starting lineup. So even if you wanted to run that system, having DD out there to drive and kick or run screen and roll action with Jonas to free him up and take attention away from shooters would be very effective.
                                Lol.

Demar as good a playmaker as hedo.

You sure are working that backpeddle lately

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X