Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    I feel like I've said exactly this several times in the last 24 hours.

It's not about replacing Demar it's about getting a system that works for the other 14 guys on the roster.
    To some posters it will always be demar vs whatever.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      I think most posters would rather have Horford on the team than Derozan, but it's way way easier to keep Derozan than to add Horford. Not to mention that Horford is probably perfectly happy being the star on a great team with a great coach, so I don't see how we make a compelling argument for him to come over to Toronto. I think you resign Derozan and trade him later if you find a deal that makes sense. He's playing so good this year that you can't just let him walk, and his trade value is extremely limited because of his contract being up at seasons end. Derozan on a 4 year deal after the best season of his career is a very valuable trade piece. Durant will probably do a one year deal with OKC to line his contract up with Westbrook and Ibaka, so we won't even miss out on the Durant sweepstakes.
      There are no deals for demar.

You sign him you are stuck with what we have right now for another year till demar starts to break down

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        That's fine, that's just guess work there's not really any empirical evidence to support that claim. I disagree.
        There is data to support moving demar into said role, just none to support your stance

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          There are no deals for demar.

You sign him you are stuck with what we have right now for another year till demar starts to break down

No deals for Demar right now due to the expiring contract, but Demar on a 4 year deal (or 3, or 5) would drum up a ton of interest. You're also not stuck with him for another year, just stuck until December 15th when you can trade newly signed players.

After resigning him, I'm not convinced trading DD would be the right move to make, but letting him walk is clearly the wrong move to make. If he was playing like last year, ok, let him walk, but he's crushing his career best numbers right now. If you think there isn't a market for a clear top 5 SG, then I don't know what to tell you.

For instance, if you want Horford on this team, then a trade next season of DD for Horford is a fuck ton more likely than creating the cap space to sign Horford and convincing him to join an ultra thin roster. A resigned DD can be flipped for something else, the $10M cap room you get from letting him walk gets you a Lou Williams type player, and maybe not even that with the new cap numbers.
          Last edited by Primer; Tue Dec 22, 2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• As soon as Ross signed, it was obvious that DeMar would be re-signed. Because now the trade off is DeMar, plus other potential re-signings, or empty the bench (Scola, Biyombo, JJ and DD all expire) and have only 15M at best to sign a free agent, which is a pittance in this summer's market.

That says nothing about whether he would be on the long term plans. But if we reach the summer with the same roster we have now, DeMar is re-signing. I have no doubt.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              Man this thread is a disaster
              Or laughable, depending on your sense of humour.

Go Raps!!! Go DeMar!!!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                As soon as Ross signed, it was obvious that DeMar would be re-signed. Because now the trade off is DeMar, plus other potential re-signings, or empty the bench (Scola, Biyombo, JJ and DD all expire) and have only 15M at best to sign a free agent, which is a pittance in this summer's market.

That says nothing about whether he would be on the long term plans. But if we reach the summer with the same roster we have now, DeMar is re-signing. I have no doubt.
                Hopefully the trade deadline is interesting then. If he is the long term plan, then the long term plan is likely a treadmill team.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  No deals for Demar right now due to the expiring contract, but Demar on a 4 year deal (or 3, or 5) would drum up a ton of interest. You're also not stuck with him for another year, just stuck until December 15th when you can trade newly signed players.

After resigning him, I'm not convinced trading DD would be the right move to make, but letting him walk is clearly the wrong move to make. If he was playing like last year, ok, let him walk, but he's crushing his career best numbers right now. If you think there isn't a market for a clear top 5 SG, then I don't know what to tell you.

For instance, if you want Horford on this team, then a trade next season of DD for Horford is a fuck ton more likely than creating the cap space to sign Horford and convincing him to join an ultra thin roster. A resigned DD can be flipped for something else, the $10M cap room you get from letting him walk gets you a Lou Williams type player, and maybe not even that with the new cap numbers.
                  DanH wrote: View Post
                  As soon as Ross signed, it was obvious that DeMar would be re-signed. Because now the trade off is DeMar, plus other potential re-signings, or empty the bench (Scola, Biyombo, JJ and DD all expire) and have only 15M at best to sign a free agent, which is a pittance in this summer's market.

Yup it's Masai's M.O. to not let significant assets leave for nothing. Unless DeMar significantly regresses on his next deal there's going to be a trade market for him. So we're not stuck by any means if we re-sign him.

Comment

Hopefully the trade deadline is interesting then. If he is the long term plan, then the long term plan is likely a treadmill team.
                    I don't think they were saying DeMar is necessarily the long-term plan, just that Masai is very likely to re-sign him to at the very least retain the asset for the future instead of letting him leave for nothing and signing a lesser player with only $15M available cap space.

Also I don't think having DeMar around guarantees that this team is a treadmill. Even with DD resigned at the absolute max (worst case scenario) we have close to $20M cap space to work with in 2017, even with Lowry's $18M cap hold on the books.

Comment

I don't think they were saying DeMar is necessarily the long-term plan, just that Masai is very likely to re-sign him to at the very least retain the asset for the future instead of letting him leave for nothing and signing a lesser player with only $15M available cap space.

Also I don't think having DeMar around guarantees that this team is a treadmill. Even with DD resigned at the absolute max (worst case scenario) we have close to $20M cap space to work with in 2017, even with Lowry's $18M cap hold on the books.
                      I know they didn't, I'm just summarizing my feelings on what they posted.

DD will get a max offer from someone. So Masai needs to be ready to match that or he should move him at the deadline.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

The first part is not an absolute at all, I dont know why you are intending it.

Ross can be traded now, and in the summer.....as can joseph , or lowry, or Ppat.

Ross getting a contract does not point anything towards demar being resigned.

Comment

and one in which I will be forced to watch a new team

Comment

I know they didn't, I'm just summarizing my feelings on what they posted.

DD will get a max offer from someone. So Masai needs to be ready to match that or he should move him at the deadline.
                            Remember that DeMar actually has to get a max offer from a team he wants to play for, for him to accept it.

And I think Masai has considered all scenarios he seems like a guy who thinks a few steps ahead with his plans.

Paul Millsap was offered 4/80M by Orlando and ended up signing for 3/60 with Atlanta for example.

Comment

Remember that DeMar actually has to get a max offer from a team he wants to play for, for him to accept it.

And I think Masai has considered all scenarios he seems like a guy who thinks a few steps ahead with his plans.

Paul Millsap was offered 4/80M by Orlando and ended up signing for 3/60 with Atlanta for example.
                              Yes but the number of teams that could offer the max is insane. Pretty sure it won't just be teams like Philly but teams that could offer a more competitive team already.

Plus if another team offers the max and we don't but we could, that could be seen as a sign of disrespect. When Milsap signed with Atlanta, they couldn't up their offer any more. We could.

Comment

Yes but the number of teams that could offer the max is insane. Pretty sure it won't just be teams like Philly but teams that could offer a more competitive team already.

Plus if another team offers the max and we don't but we could, that could be seen as a sign of disrespect. When Milsap signed with Atlanta, they couldn't up their offer any more. We could.
                                Yes they could've upped their offer they could've given him 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X