X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    fuck

and that type of player is a guarenteed for max contract
    Tbh if he finishes with those numbers it becomes very likely... like right now DeRozan is actually statistically at around Denver-Melo. There aren't a lot of players in the league capable of that kind of production. His WS and netRTG numbers are better than Melo's ever were, however his usage is in the high 20s while Melo was low-mid 30s so he had better raw scoring numbers.

The production is very sustainable though as long as DeMar keeps his mind right. If anything I'd want him to shoot even less long-2s, although idk if that'll happen or not.
    Last edited by JWash; Wed Dec 23, 2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Just popped in to say (non Derozan guy here) this is the best extended stretch of games I can remember him playing in his life. Obviously I think he's hitting a few more mid range than normal which helps the numbers, but overall he's been playing great
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        DD's TS% pushing closer to 55% right now, up to 54.5%.

What's crazy is if he maintains this shot selection it's possible he could actually improve further as the season goes along (he's been a slow starter every year of his career anyway). Right now his finishing around the rim (0-3 feet) is actually at the lowest percentage it's been in 4 years. And his corner 3s (27%) are way worse than normal (36% on his career, 39% the past two years). If any of that corrects itself his TS% could potentially push 56% or so. His percentages from 3-10 and 10-16 feet are higher than we've seen in several seasons, but not that much higher than his career averages.

Maintain this shot selection and we could see something like a 23-4-4, 55.5 TS%, 111-112 oRTG, .160 WS/48 type of season from DD.
        If DD can maintain this efficiency and does so while avoiding iso ball I would be extremely happy in resigning him as long as we can score a slight discount at just below max..

I have been a huge supporter of throwing the kitchen sink at Durant but if DD can play this way and be retained I feel this team would be most improved by making an FA move or trade (sooner) for Serge Ibaka .

Seems deadly in the east to me, offensively and defensively...

KLow / DD / DC / Ibaka / JV
        CoJo / Ross / JJ / Scola / BB
        Filler : Bebe , Powell & Bruno or Bennett or Roberts .

So much versatility and defensive prowess!

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Just popped in to say (non Derozan guy here) this is the best extended stretch of games I can remember him playing in his life. Obviously I think he's hitting a few more mid range than normal which helps the numbers, but overall he's been playing great
          He's hitting more from the smart mid-range, 44% from 10-16 feet (i.e. midrange but still in and around the paint) compared to a career average of about 41%. However on the long-twos from 16-23 feet or the "dumb" mid-range he's shooting worse than normal at 35% compared to 38% on his career. However he's taking those shots a lot less

The main thing helping him right now is that he's actually playing like a fucking slasher. Near the top of the league in drives per game. And even though his finishing has actually not improved, because he's taking shots that he hits nearly 60% of the time more often, his efficiency has improved.

The nice thing is that it's 30 games now so I don't think it can just be boiled down to a hot streak.

Comment

• I just want a coach to come in though and pull out a shot chart for DD. Take a giant black marker and black out the entire 16-23 feet area and above the break threes. Tell him if you shoot from there and the shot clock isn't winding down you're on the bench.

Comment

I just want a coach to come in though and pull out a shot chart for DD. Take a giant black marker and black out the entire 16-23 feet area and above the break threes. Tell him if you shoot from there and the shot clock isn't winding down you're on the bench.
              It's weird to agree with you in this thread, but this is 100% how I feel. He's so good when he's not taking those bad shots. He hit the above the break 3s last night, but that doesn't mean he should shoot em.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• THA DATA STATS CREW OF THA GOOD(toronto) ON IT..
                SHOUT OUT DANH AND JWASH GET DEM STATS BROTHAS

They Finding All the stats and showing It To The Fam...HOODOO,

THE DATA STATS CREW ARE NOT JUST GOOD AT THE SOCALLED GEEK TINGS....
                THEY ALSO BALL WIT THE BEST

Bahahah.. THEM GEEKS STRAIGHT SHOOTERS

THEY CAN ALSO MAKE YOU LOOK FOOLISH WIT THE PASS LIKE FORMER GOOD REPPER SKIP TO MY LOU

HOODOO!!! WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THA GOOD

DON'T JUDGE NONE..RESPECT EVERYONE!!! WE ALL BROTHAS, CHRIST LOVE FITS US LIKE GLOVES

NO SIX , WE REP THA SEVEN

Comment

DeMar likely would've had more value in a trade than Rudy (and arguably Kyle as well since he hadn't emerged as a star yet because of Brick Bros Inc.). DeMar was playing much better than Rudy was, younger and making about half as much money.
                  Much better?

Rudy
                  38%fg
                  37% three
                  19.4 ppg
                  7.4rpg
                  2.2apg
                  1.6spg
                  1.3bpg
                  4.9fta

Demar
                  43%
                  35% three
                  21.6ppg
                  3.8rpg
                  2.8apg
                  1.2spg
                  .5bpg
                  6.1fta

Demar score a couple points more per game

Rudy grabbed more boards and played miles better defense.

I would not say Demar was playing "much better than Rudy"

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                    If his season continues to progress the way he is playing right now I will be a huge supporter of resigning him...

I have been one of the biggest supporters of throwing the kitchen sink at Durant, but if DD is showing signs of maintaining this efficiency and continues to distribute as well I feel this team would be better to pass on Durant , retain DD and either trade for or chase in FA one Serge Ibaka

KLow / DD / DC / Ibaka / JV
                    CoJo / Ross / JJ / Scola
                    earliest we could get ibaka would be 2017.

Comment

I just want a coach to come in though and pull out a shot chart for DD. Take a giant black marker and black out the entire 16-23 feet area and above the break threes. Tell him if you shoot from there and the shot clock isn't winding down you're on the bench.
                      so get demar to shoot from the spots that Carroll shoots from, at a better rate.....brilliant....

Comment

He's hitting more from the smart mid-range, 44% from 10-16 feet (i.e. midrange but still in and around the paint) compared to a career average of about 41%. However on the long-twos from 16-23 feet or the "dumb" mid-range he's shooting worse than normal at 35% compared to 38% on his career. However he's taking those shots a lot less

The main thing helping him right now is that he's actually playing like a fucking slasher. Near the top of the league in drives per game. And even though his finishing has actually not improved, because he's taking shots that he hits nearly 60% of the time more often, his efficiency has improved.

The nice thing is that it's 30 games now so I don't think it can just be boiled down to a hot streak.
                        I still dont like the "smart" mid range either. Simple math tells me 44% is 88 points per 100 possession. I do understand it's a necessary evil to keep the defense honest on the drives as well it doesn't account for shot clock bail outs or wide open jumpers. Overall happy to see him Ballin, but he's still and will forever be a 3rd banana on a true contender lol.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          It's weird to agree with you in this thread, but this is 100% how I feel. He's so good when he's not taking those bad shots. He hit the above the break 3s last night, but that doesn't mean he should shoot em.
                          hes not so good, ever.

He is an adequate basketball player who can have his numbers inflated by high volume plays who will always go on a nice run of games for a bit, and then a bad run of games, rinse and repeat.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I still dont like the "smart" mid range either. Simple math tells me 44% is 88 points per 100 possession. I do understand it's a necessary evil to keep the defense honest on the drives as well it doesn't account for shot clock bail outs or wide open jumpers. Overall happy to see him Ballin, but he's still and will forever be a 3rd banana on a true contender lol.
                            and place him with 3rd option usage and his impact drops, imo....all that for what is assumed to be the max salary.

screams treadmilling to me.

Comment

• Being a 3rd option on a true title contender (or he could probably be 2nd depending on who #1 is) isn't a knock on DeRozan. Nobody is saying he can be "The Man" on a championship team.

Comment

• http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/free_...aki-Walker.mp3

at 21:00 When Rudy Gay was traded, Demar told Masai if you're tanking I want to be traded.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X