No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar off the bench is a band aid solution that would only help (yes it would probably help) because Casey is clueless about staggering his rotations.. He knows he has a system that requires a top shot creator to be able to function at all yet regularly leaves both dd and lowry off the floor at the same time.

I suppose bringing dd off the bench would make the staggering easier/more obvious for Casey but really he should be able to do it with demar starting also.

And really it does nothing to solve the root problem which is that the ball doesn't move well on this team because we have no system to encourage that.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Demar off the bench is a band aid solution that would only help (yes it would probably help) because Casey is clueless about staggering his rotations.. He knows he has a system that requires a top shot creator to be able to function at all yet regularly leaves both dd and lowry off the floor at the same time.

I suppose bringing dd off the bench would make the staggering easier/more obvious for Casey but really he should be able to do it with demar starting also.

And really it does nothing to solve the root problem which is that the ball doesn't move well on this team because we have no system to encourage that.

I'm with you 100%. I just think that even if we fire Casey, which we unquestionably should, implementing a ball movement based offense would take time we just don't have this year. So in the interest of being a better team this year, maybe DeMar off the bench is the best case scenario?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I agree, and I'm arguing in favor of the same things, but you didn't really respond to the hypothetical I proposed.
        They use Demar like that already but they have to because Biz requires two ballhandler on the floor at all times. They should try Wright first and then Demar. The best solution is KL or DD off the bench but then your just running the starters 48 minutes

Comment

I'm with you 100%. I just think that even if we fire Casey, which we unquestionably should, implementing a ball movement based offense would take time we just don't have this year. So in the interest of being a better team this year, maybe DeMar off the bench is the best case scenario?
          Honestly I think a lot of new problems might just arise from it. We rely on 2 guys to win games. Splitting them up so at least one is always on is wise I guess but then you could fall victim to slow starts or lulls in production anyway if one is having an off night.

Comment

Honestly I think a lot of new problems might just arise from it. We rely on 2 guys to win games. Splitting them up so at least one is always on is wise I guess but then you could fall victim to slow starts or lulls in production anyway if one is having an off night.

Fair enough, and that's a reasonable argument. My reasoning beyond having one of those guys on the floor for a greater portion of minutes(with them already playing 35+ minutes each, even with perfect staggering you'd have at minimum 22 minutes with both on the floor together), you'd also have more opportunities to potentially get Carroll, Ross, Patterson or Joseph going on any given night. Both because there'd be more usage to go around, and also because they'd be receiving higher quality passes.

Comment

Fair enough, and that's a reasonable argument. My reasoning beyond having one of those guys on the floor for a greater portion of minutes(with them already playing 35+ minutes each, even with perfect staggering you'd have at minimum 22 minutes with both on the floor together), you'd also have more opportunities to potentially get Carroll, Ross, Patterson or Joseph going on any given night. Both because there'd be more usage to go around, and also because they'd be receiving higher quality passes.
              Dont forget how often they run KL-CJ-DD-DC to close games. The backup PG was playing 30+ most of this season

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                Sure. But what about Lowry? You seriously think we can win if he plays similar to how he played in Last year's playoffs?

Truthfully, I'm more concerned about Lowry sustaining his play more than anything else. This team depends on Kyle Lowry playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Sure. Same thing applies to Lowry, if not more so. The whole idea of trying to build an offense around Lowry/DD creating offense heroically by themselves and getting fouled doesn't seem sustainable, unless they start to involve teammates more (which we have seen they can do). And a side effect is that both of them are clearly conserving energy on defense, as the season has progressed (not fighting over screens and allowing penetration as telltale signs). Maybe it can work.....we can always hope.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Sure. Same thing applies to Lowry, if not more so. The whole idea of trying to build an offense around Lowry/DD creating offense heroically by themselves and getting fouled doesn't seem sustainable, unless they start to involve teammates more (which we have seen they can do). And a side effect is that both of them are clearly conserving energy on defense, as the season has progressed (not fighting over screens and allowing penetration as telltale signs). Maybe it can work.....we can always hope.
                  Problem is they are being run into the ground to win REGULAR season games. This is something teams do in the playoffs

Comment

To expand a little, what I was imagining was open the game with 4-6 minutes of Lowry/Val PnRs and 2-man game with Ross, Scola and Carroll spotting up for catch and shoot opportunities. Bring DeMar and CoJo in for Ross and Carroll, then sit Lowry and Jonas at ~9 minute mark. In the second quarter bring Lowry back in at ~6 minute mark, later if the game is going well, and let DeMar sit for the last 3 minutes of the second. Now they've each played 15 minutes(6 together), sat for 9, and you've had one or the other in the game at all times.

I'm also saying we should run a LOT more of our offense through JV, regardless.

Comment

• Honest think they should try Scola to help CoJo a little and maybe even try Biz with JV as a help side defender like Wallace-Wallace Pistons. Means Ross with KL and DC and Demar with the bench unit

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Honest think they should try Scola to help CoJo a little and maybe even try Biz with JV as a help side defender like Wallace-Wallace Pistons. Means Ross with KL and DC and Demar with the bench unit
                        This is the obvious solution that's had many of us (danh wrote an article on it) pulling our hair out all season. Swap scola and 2pat in the starting lineup. You move a guy who needs someone to create his looks for him in 2pat to the starting crew to play with our two best shot creators. And you add a skilled passing big to the bench to help cojo run things. These great starts that scola typically has could help the bench a lot but.... We just don't want to try it.

I blame 2pat for playing like shit in pre-season partially but how is no one in the org looking at our lineups ratings and suggesting this?

Comment

• Actually I misread your post but I stand by my point

Comment

This is the obvious solution that's had many of us (danh wrote an article on it) pulling our hair out all season. Swap scola and 2pat in the starting lineup. You move a guy who needs someone to create his looks for him in 2pat to the starting crew to play with our two best shot creators. And you add a skilled passing big to the bench to help cojo run things. These great starts that scola typically has could help the bench a lot but.... We just don't want to try it.

I blame 2pat for playing like shit in pre-season partially but how is no one in the org looking at our lineups ratings and suggesting this?

Gays no analytics policy probably still in effect

Comment

• Like it's just logic. You have demar a slashing wing player. What's the biggest threat to a slashing wing? Shot blocking bigs. What does 2pat do? Pulls one of those guys out of the paint to the three point arc opening up an easier driving lane. Then there's the reverse effect. When dd drives half the time it's going to be pattersons guy collapsing to help which means a kickout for 3.

Comment

Like it's just logic. You have demar a slashing wing player. What's the biggest threat to a slashing wing? Shot blocking bigs. What does 2pat do? Pulls one of those guys out of the paint to the three point arc opening up an easier driving lane. Then there's the reverse effect. When dd drives half the time it's going to be pattersons guy collapsing to help which means a kickout for 3.

That how you beat the Wiz team last year, Nene-Gortat. Casey never did t for 4 games

Comment

Working...
                                X