Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    you have to give him the handles. those no fumbles in crowds are directly improving the rest of his game.
    DanH wrote: View Post
    DeMar's TOV% on drives this year is 5.6%.

Last year? 5.7%.

Doesn't seem like a massive difference to me, results wise...
    He definitely scores higher style wise, fewer really ugly turnovers but ultimately his handles don't seem significantly improved. Yes, better handles but not improved enough to really credit them for his "leap".

It now comes down to sustainability and consistency. Can he consistently play this way and can his teammates feed off of it?
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Last year? 5.7%.

Axel wrote: View Post
      He definitely scores higher style wise, fewer really ugly turnovers but ultimately his handles don't seem significantly improved. Yes, better handles but not improved enough to really credit them for his "leap".

It now comes down to sustainability and consistency. Can he consistently play this way and can his teammates feed off of it?
      i think they are giving him options. is there a place where we can see turnovers counted against on drives? my eye test tells me he is losing it much less in the forays into the paint. that, adding confidence to his abilities, with the improved decision making(which i can attribute, partially, to the handles and confidence) is making him a much better offensive player.

100% agree with the bold

Comment

you have to give him the handles. those no fumbles in crowds are directly improving the rest of his game.
        I don't have to do anything - lol

But seriously, I made comment previously about ounce of prevention better than pound of cure...I think that applies here. He is making better decisions (prevention) to avoid having to have crazy dribbles to get out of jams (cure).

He is basically playing within the flow of the game and what the defense is giving him.

I'll concede he might have improved his handle but I don't think it is anything drastic. He is just playing smarter ball, IMO.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          I don't have to do anything - lol
          lol

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Last year? 5.7%.

sorry, didn't see this was on drives. where is that in league average numbers?

Comment

• I think the improved handle has helped keep him consistent attacking. Some night DD just wasn't able to get by some defenders and than would settle. Now his confident about getting by anyone.

Its not like we've never seen DD do this before. We've just never seen him do it this consistent. Night in night out.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• can we run this 20m a year poll again

I want to see how different the results will be
                currently its 33yes/47no + 41%y/59%n

tbh i think the new poll's results will be much different in favour of Demar getting 20m
                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                  can we run this 20m a year poll again

I want to see how different the results will be
                  currently its 33yes/47no + 41%y/59%n

tbh i think the new poll's results will be much different in favour of Demar getting 20m
                  Personally, I voted no, but my opinion has changed to a definite yes at 20m. At 25m I'd be uncomfortable but okay with it. At 29m I wouldn't like it though.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    I think the improved handle has helped keep him consistent attacking. Some night DD just wasn't able to get by some defenders and than would settle. Now his confident about getting by anyone.

Its not like we've never seen DD do this before. We've just never seen him do it this consistent. Night in night out.
                    Well, this is somewhat true. Yes, we've seen it, but not even in short stretches of games - one game, or two, sure. But it's not like we have a solid 30 game sample of play like this that he just hasn't maintained.

The biggest difference I've seen in terms of settling - his decisions after a pump fake. In prior years, if a pump fake failed to draw a foul, you'd see him follow it up with a jumper from an off-balance position. Now he seems to pass it back out as much as possible after a failed pump. That alone is enough difference to make his game much more enjoyable to watch, even if it is only a small part of his improved efficiency.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

sorry, didn't see this was on drives. where is that in league average numbers?
                      Not sure about league averages but looking at the top 50 drivers or so, it seems to be one of the lowest turnover rates (very few players between 3 and 5%, a lot from 5 to 10, then a few above that).

He's always been good at taking care of the ball, if only because he'd shoot before he lost the ball. It's been one of the strengths of his game - even with lower efficiency numbers, his ORTG maintained respectability due to his low turnovers (which is another feature of his game that has become key in Casey's offence).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

i think they are giving him options.
                        I don't think the offence is really different from last year. One guy dribbles while the rest stand around waiting for a bailout kick out.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• So I gotta ask,

If DeMar continues this level of play and the Raptors sign him to a max contract...then what does this mean for the future of JV in a Raptors uniform? At what point does the franchise look at this roster and say this is a 50 win team but if we want to take the next big step to contender then certain changes have to be made. I think JV's strenghts clash a bit with those of DeMar's and Lowry's.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            So I gotta ask,

If DeMar continues this level of play and the Raptors sign him to a max contract...then what does this mean for the future of JV in a Raptors uniform? At what point does the franchise look at this roster and say this is a 50 win team but if we want to take the next big step to contender then certain changes have to be made. I think JV's strenghts clash a bit with those of DeMar's and Lowry's.
                            They most certainly do.

And a decision will definately need to be made.

Do you maintain your 50ish win status with an offense Built on an outside in approach, or do you move in a different direction and go more inside out.

With outside in: you get Demar and you get Lowry doing what they have done for the past however many years and you need to surround them with 3 and d guys at basically the other three positions. Outside in offenses tend to(when the going is not good) cause runouts and transistion baskets for the opposition due to the nature of the shots/offense. so it is crucial to have guys getting back on missed shots, and having guys to take the load off both Lowry and Demar defensively.

or go more inside out, which is generally a much more efficient offense, limits opposition breakouts due to the nature of the shots/offense, improves rebounding on both ends by slowing the game down a little and allowing for defense to get set up as shots are generally of much higher efficiency. In which case you get a stretch 4 and a 3and d shooting guard.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              So I gotta ask,

I'll probably get attacked for this but, oh well. IMO I think Ross/JV/one of the picks will be traded this summer to bring in that All-star or superstar. That's only if Lowry and DD play like this all year long and than advance in the playoffs.

If they do lose in the first round again. I can see the opposite happening. Casey, DD and Klow all gone next year. Full rebuilt mode with JV leading the way. With a new coach.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                They most certainly do.

And a decision will definately need to be made.

Do you maintain your 50ish win status with an offense Built on an outside in approach, or do you move in a different direction and go more inside out.

With outside in: you get Demar and you get Lowry doing what they have done for the past however many years and you need to surround them with 3 and d guys at basically the other three positions. Outside in offenses tend to(when the going is not good) cause runouts and transistion baskets for the opposition due to the nature of the shots/offense. so it is crucial to have guys getting back on missed shots, and having guys to take the load off both Lowry and Demar defensively.

or go more inside out, which is generally a much more efficient offense, limits opposition breakouts due to the nature of the shots/offense, improves rebounding on both ends by slowing the game down a little and allowing for defense to get set up as shots are generally of much higher efficiency. In which case you get a stretch 4 and a 3and d shooting guard.
                                Well, you could say that with the acquisition of DC, that MU is trying to surround Lowry and DeRozan with 3 & D guys. And lets not forget they also went after Wes Matthews with the hopes of playing him at the 4.

I think MU is trying to follow the trend of getting faster and more mobile and getting better shooters so that's why I ask if JV will be part of the big picture or not. I can see him on the roster still, but I'm not sure if they can get the best out of this system with him playing a large role in it. I can see a move to a team like Philly that has a bundance of bigs that fit this system a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                                X