Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I just ignore those types of Snooch comments.

DeMar's not actually that quick with the ball and is tall enough to shoot over a lot of guards, so that bodes well for his future. The lack of 3 point shot is a huge problem. With a 3 point shot I could see him having a very Paul Pierce-like career after 30 (optimal outcome).
    Nothing about Demar is Paul Pierce like.

Paul is stronger, has better footwork, is a better shooter, is a better playmaker, is far more clutch and is a superior post player.

And that is not even talking about on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      MU obviously thought that Aldridge would be fine with Lowry/DD/JV. He also pursued Mathews. He brought in shooting and defense with Carroll and defense and a game manager with Joseph, so, I think it's pretty clear that MU is simply looking for the best players available and then the coaches/players will have to work it out.

Here's the thing: if you bring in a Tier 1 talent then things will change. They won't stay static. That guy will demand the ball and DD and Lowry will have fewer touches. For example, if the Raptors had landed Aldridge, we'd be seeing very different offensive sets designed to get him the ball.
      If wed had gotten mathews I think we would have gotten Aldridge.

Lowry
      Mathews
      Carroll
      Aldridge
      JV

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        Lol. The guy literally doesn't rely on his athletism what so ever. How would he break down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not about athleticism, and the body will break down. He gets hit, look at wade, he can hardly get up and down the court.

Look at wade, who is the absolute pinnacle of what Demar could ever be....the top.

Wade hit 30 and has been on a continuous decline since. And that is even playing with Lebron and Bosh and it is still entirely evident.

So you can LOL all you want, there is still alot of evidence to look to seeing how a player who plays like Demar can be expected to break down once he hits a certain age/

And dont go with Paul Pierce as an example, cause Paul is one of the greatest to ever play the game and is a VERY different player to Demar.
        Last edited by Snooch; Wed Dec 30, 2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Kevin Love, Cousins that's probably about it.

Don't have any interest in getting rid of JV unless it's a trade for a superstar. Just doesn't make sense. There are 2 better centers in the conference (Drummond and Horford), why would we do that unless it's for a surefire title-contending move?
          Dont think either of those work with Biz.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post

Paul is stronger, has better footwork, is a better shooter, is a better playmaker, is far more clutch and is a superior post player.

I agree and didn't make a h-2-h comparison of both guys in their prime, which it looks like you're doing. What I meant by "Pierce-like career" is that DeMar could play the type of game post-30 that Pierce plays, especially if he developed at least a corner 3. Said nothing about evaluating who would be better/worse at it.
            Last edited by S.R.; Wed Dec 30, 2015, 01:34 PM.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Its not about athleticism, and the body will break down. He gets hit, look at wade, he can hardly get up and down the court.

Look at wade, who is the absolute pinnacle of what Demar could ever be....the top.

Wade hit 30 and has been on a continuous decline since. And that is even playing with Lebron and Bosh and it is still entirely evident.
              Wade depended on his quickness - a lot. DeMar doesn't.

Comment

There are a lot of similarities between DeMar and Pierce actually. Just because Pierce is better doesn't mean that DeMar's play style doesn't or can't emulate his. We're talking about a Finals MVP, 10 time all-star, 25,000 point club member here, it's ok to not be quite as good as him rofl.

DeMar has excellent footwork and body control. Statistically his passing ability right now is comparable to Pierce at his best, probably better actually because he doesn't turn it over as frequently. And he does have a great post-game, it's just underutilized. Pierce is definitely stronger, but he plays 3 while DeMar plays 2. Relative to other players at their position there's not a big difference there if at all. Obviously there's no comparison when it comes to three-point shooting, though which is probably the largest difference between the two. However Pierce was also a guy who paraded to the FT line, with a career draw-rate of .446 which is actually higher than DeRozan's career average.

Nobody's saying he's as good as Pierce just that he could emulate his style as he ages and have a long career after 30 even.
                Last edited by JWash; Wed Dec 30, 2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

If wed had gotten mathews I think we would have gotten Aldridge.

Lowry
                  Mathews
                  Carroll
                  Aldridge
                  JV
                  Ah yes because the only thing holding us back from getting Aldridge was swapping out DeMar for Matthews. Had nothing to do with the fact that possibly the GOAT coach and best run franchise in the league along with Timmy D, Kawhi, Parker, Manu and the sound of 5 championship rings were calling his name, eh mate?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I agree and didn't make a h-2-h comparison of both guys in their prime, which it looks like you're doing.

Im not the one who brought Pierces name into a discussion about what Demar can be in the future,.

But you were implying that Demar could be like pierce like post 30 years of age, And I am talkiNG Paul Pierce in Washington and Paul in LAC

Averaging Paul from ages 30 to age 35 and his numbers are better than Demar this season imo.

Paul
                    fga 13.6
                    FG% 0.46
                    3pt% 0.39
                    efg% 0.52
                    fta 5.95
                    trb 5.3
                    ast 3.9
                    blk 0.43
                    stl 1.12
                    pts 19.2
                    Orating 111.5
                    Drating 101.8
                    Netrating 9.66
                    OWS 4.76
                    DWS 4.12
                    WS 8.88
                    WS/48 0.1621
                    OBPM 2.62
                    DBPM 0.88
                    BPM 3.54
                    VORP 3.56
                    Usg 25.6
                    ast% 19.78
                    TS% 0.59

Demar
                    fga 16.90
                    FG% 0.448
                    3pt% 0.25
                    efg% 0.459
                    fta 8.4
                    trb 4.5
                    ast 4.2
                    blk .3
                    stl 1
                    pts 22.6
                    Orating 111
                    Drating 106
                    Netrating 5
                    OWS 3
                    DWS 1
                    WS 4
                    WS/48 0.163
                    OBPM 2.1
                    DBPM -0.8
                    BPM 1.3
                    VORP 1
                    Usg 28.6
                    ast% 21.6

TS% 547

Post 30 years of age Pierce was an aberration that rarely only gets duplicated by the greatest players.

Comment

why should I think otherwise?

its not very often that a 11th year player, whose go to offense it driving towards the rim, sustains that style of play up to his 30s.

Something always gives and changes...

look back in history of players that played the way demar plays right now.

Magette, Stackhouse, Gill, Sprewell, Rider, Daniels, Hughes

these are players I liken Demar to and all are players whose play declined around age 30.

I thing that Demar does get tons of credit for is getting to the line, but you cannot continue to be a player that bases his offense off of that and after 11 years of taking those hits still be, at the age of 30, doing it at a level fitting a top 2 or 3 on your team.
                      Sprewell averaged 19.4ppg while playing 41mpg when he was 31. There are always exceptions. (I know it was on a shit Knicks team)

Anyway, you're right. Something always gives and changes. I do hope that along with his game slowly evolving, in 4 years he'll have a lower usage rate and not be relied upon so much.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Ah yes because the only thing holding us back from getting Aldridge was swapping out DeMar for Matthews. Had nothing to do with the fact that possibly the GOAT coach and best run franchise in the league along with Timmy D, Kawhi, Parker, Manu and the sound of 5 championship rings were calling his name, eh mate?
                        Not what I said, you are yet again putting words into another posters mouth while at the same time flaming or baiting or whatever you want to call it.

We had a shot at aldridge, and if we had gotten a good friend and teammate of Lamarcus' it would have gone a long way.

its about Wes going along ways to help us get him.

You are inferring that my implication was that Demar prevented us from getting him, which is not only wrong and misplaced, but also nothing more than baiting.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Is there a single PF that we can acquire with JV that would be offensively talented enough to offset Biz, while using a secondary scoring role and helping out on the glass?

Really don't think there is anyone who fits that who is worth trading JV for (and is available).

Biz is not a starting C in this league. Shifting holes doesn't really improve the team, especially with JVs team friendly contract.
                          Thad Young is putting up nice numbers in Brooklyn, this season. Paul Milsap, Giannis, Tobias Harris, Otto Porter Jr., Julius Randle, T. Jones...there are some options out there I think.

I'm not saying move JV for the sake of moving him, but if you go all in on DeMar with a max contract then you have to commit to a system and roster that maximizes what he and Lowry give you. I think the coaches have been doing their best to get JV to fit into that system, but it means diminishing some of his strengths. Being that he is a vaulable commodity that doesn't fit naturally into the system we run could he be used to get someone or assets that help the team in the long run?

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                            Sprewell averaged 19.4ppg while playing 41mpg when he was 31. There are always exceptions. (I know it was on a shit Knicks team)

Anyway, you're right. Something always gives and changes. I do hope that along with his game slowly evolving, in 4 years he'll have a lower usage rate and not be relied upon so much.
                            I think in order to be a winning team that is neccessary.....but then that riounds back to having a player making what is shaping up to be pushing 30 million at that point in time playing a role that he is far overpaid for.

Like Iverson at the end of his career.

Comment

DeMar has excellent footwork
                              Nope

and body control.
                              Meh....sure...I guess...

Statistically his passing ability right now is comparable to Pierce at his best, probably better actually because he doesn't turn it over as frequently.
                              nope. career averages say otherwise. But if you want to cherry pick Demars best season, which isnt even half way over, with the top assist season for pierce when he played on a shitty team, then sure, demar is .2 ahead on assistspergame less turnoverpergame.

And he does have a great post-game, it's just underutilized. Pierce is definitely stronger, but he plays 3 while DeMar plays 2
                              Demar has an adequate post game, Pauls is on a completely different level.

Nobody's saying he's as good as Pierce just that he could emulate his style as he ages and have a long career after 30 even.
                              He can try an emulate Pierces style, but he better start now, cause he has alot of work to do as Paul was, at demars age, a LO-O-O-O-T (dr cox voice) better than Demar at the skills that made Pierce great after 30 than Demar is at this point.

Comment

• Snooch, I obviously explained it well enough for JWash to get it. Bringing up a numbers comparo just shows you missed the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X