Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Wade depended on his quickness - a lot. DeMar doesn't.
    yup, that is true, but demar never had the quickness wade had, ever.

And I feel as though demars does rely on his own athleticism, it just doesnt look like it because he is not as athletic as a guy like wade was....he's not holding back, I dont think it is there.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      Nope

Meh....sure...I guess...

nope. career averages say otherwise. But if you want to cherry pick Demars best season, which isnt even half way over, with the top assist season for pierce when he played on a shitty team, then sure, demar is .2 ahead on assistspergame less turnoverpergame.

Demar has an adequate post game, Pauls is on a completely different level.

He can try an emulate Pierces style, but he better start now, cause he has alot of work to do as Paul was, at demars age, a LO-O-O-O-T (dr cox voice) better than Demar at the skills that made Pierce great after 30 than Demar is at this point.
      Yup, still missing the point.

This is not a H-2-H comparison. This is talking about what type of game could DD play after 30 as he loses some of his athleticism. That's it.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I just ignore those types of Snooch comments.

DeMar's not actually that quick with the ball and is tall enough to shoot over a lot of guards, so that bodes well for his future. The lack of 3 point shot is a huge problem. With a 3 point shot I could see him having a very Paul Pierce-like career after 30 (optimal outcome).
        S.R. wrote: View Post
        Snooch, I obviously explained it well enough for JWash to get it. Bringing up a numbers comparo just shows you missed the point.
        That is what you posted.

You see him having a very paul pierce like career after age thirty...provided he gets a three point shot.

How else is there to take that other than the homer way of ....absolutely...

You could say that demars post game is very reminiscent of Jordans, the way he can back down and then turn quickly and if he worked on that more, and if the team gave him 4 or 5 opportunities a game then he could be a very similar player to Jordan and JWash would agree.

Comment

• This is the ultimate "told you so" battle.
          Team anti- Demar is still leading 4-2( seasons)

Comment

Yup, still missing the point.

This is not a H-2-H comparison. This is talking about what type of game could DD play after 30 as he loses some of his athleticism. That's it.
            Its a terrible point to try and make.

Demar can try and play that paul pierce type of game post thirty and will fail at it.

He is nowhere near what pierce was at that age...to say that he can play that type of game is no different than saying that Ross can play a reggie miller type of game. or Bennet can play a tim Duncan kind of game.

CAuse you know, technically you cannot argue or debate against that, you can only accept that they can play that type of game....Ross can play like Miller. can happen.

Comment

Snooch, I obviously explained it well enough for JWash to get it. Bringing up a numbers comparo just shows you missed the point.
              I just respectfully disagree with his opinion. Obviously nobody here is trying to say DeMar is as good as Paul Pierce. I reiterate, Pierce is a 10x all-star, 4x All-NBA, Finals MVP, NBA Champion, 25,000 point club member, and has produced a hair under 150 win shares in his career with an average PER of 20 (and this includes several seasons as basically a role player in recent years).

You clearly weren't trying to say DD is as good as Pierce just that he could emulate his post-30 play style and have a very long career. That's not even to mention the fact that DD is clearly someone who takes care of his body and hasn't had a single career threatening injury (while Pierce was stabbed several times in 2002... if anyone remembers that)
              Last edited by thead; Wed Dec 30, 2015, 07:10 PM. Reason: disrespecting a fellow poster

Comment

That is what you posted.

You see him having a very paul pierce like career after age thirty...provided he gets a three point shot.

How else is there to take that other than the homer way of ....absolutely...

You could say that demars post game is very reminiscent of Jordans, the way he can back down and then turn quickly and if he worked on that more, and if the team gave him 4 or 5 opportunities a game then he could be a very similar player to Jordan and JWash would agree.
                I'll repost the explanation that you skipped over so you could just keep arguing based on your original misreading:

I agree and didn't make a h-2-h comparison of both guys in their prime, which it looks like you're doing. What I meant by "Pierce-like career" is that DeMar could play the type of game post-30 that Pierce plays, especially if he developed at least a corner 3. Said nothing about evaluating who would be better/worse at it.
                Last edited by S.R.; Wed Dec 30, 2015, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  Obviously nobody here is trying to say DeMar is as good as Paul Pierce. I reiterate, Pierce is a 10x all-star, 4x All-NBA, Finals MVP, NBA Champion, 25,000 point club member, and has produced a hair under 150 win shares in his career with an average PER of 20 (and this includes several seasons as basically a role player in recent years).

You clearly weren't trying to say DD is as good as Pierce just that he could emulate his post-30 play style and have a very long career. That's not even to mention the fact that DD is clearly someone who takes care of his body and hasn't had a single career threatening injury (while Pierce was stabbed several times in 2002... if anyone remembers that)

No matter how you want to retrace, and or reword what the intent of the post was....it is still a fallacy.

Demar is not as good a defender, demar is not as big, demar is not as good a shooter, demar is not as good a rebounder, demar is not as good at posting up as pierce ever was in his career.....

so even for the now "he can emulate pierces style of play" sure, he can....but he wont succeed at it.
                  Last edited by thead; Wed Dec 30, 2015, 07:12 PM. Reason: cleanup

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    He's just trolling man. Obviously nobody here is trying to say DeMar is as good as Paul Pierce. I reiterate, Pierce is a 10x all-star, 4x All-NBA, Finals MVP, NBA Champion, 25,000 point club member, and has produced a hair under 150 win shares in his career with an average PER of 20 (and this includes several seasons as basically a role player in recent years).

I used to think DeMar might have a D-Wade or J-Rich kind of drop off as he lost his athleticism, but with the way his game is developing I don't think so anymore. He's growing in ways (handles, decision-making) that are sustainable with age and that Pierce was great at when he lost his quicks. Dribbling around in traffic without going really going that fast, then pump-faking three times and scoring on an up-and-under was kind of herky-jerky old man game Pierce had and a game that would be a good best-case-scenario for DeMar.

Comment

With a 3 point shot I could see him having a very Paul Pierce-like career after 30 (optimal outcome).
                      I agree and didn't make a h-2-h comparison of both guys in their prime, which it looks like you're doing. What I meant by "Pierce-like career" is that DeMar could play the type of game post-30 that Pierce plays, especially if he developed at least a corner 3. Said nothing about evaluating who would be better/worse at it.
                      I'll repost the explanation that you skipped over so:
                      I read your posts, and disagree with them.

A three point shot is definately the first thing that is needed in order to play Pierces super extra light post 30s style.

Then he will need to add:
                      Clutch shooting
                      defense
                      Being a better defender
                      Being better at posting up
                      Being better at playing off the ball
                      Having better footwork.

Like I said in many posts, he can try to be a pierce type of player, but he will come a quite a ways short on it.....just like Ross can try and be a reggie miller type of player.
                      Last edited by thead; Wed Dec 30, 2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• lol, this thread is hilarious

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          lol, this thread is hilarious
                          Everything Demar Derozan thread:

Where demar can play like Pierce

Comment

He'll 100% need to develop some sort of 3 ball to play like Pierce into his 30's. Demar is a slasher-type player and he won't be able to sustain that into his 30's. Which is why imo, someone like KD will be capable of still dropping 25 points per game in his 30's, while someone like Lebron will start to decline quicker.

Comment

I read your posts, and disagree with them.

A three point shot is definately the first thing that is needed in order to play Pierces super extra light post 30s style.

Then he will need to add:
                              Clutch shooting
                              defense
                              Being a better defender
                              Being better at posting up
                              Being better at playing off the ball
                              Having better footwork.

Like I said in many posts, he can try to be a pierce type of player, but he will come a quite a ways short on it.....just like Ross can try and be a reggie miller type of player.

Only difference is, unlike you and Jwash, I made my posts without using terms such as trolling, etc.
                              Snooch wrote: View Post
                              Everything Demar Derozan thread:

Where demar can play like Pierce
                              I think that what this comes down to is you're fine with comparing DeMar to old Dwyane Wade if the point is "DeMar sucks" but you hate comparing DeMar to old Paul Pierce if the point is "he could be productive post-30."

I could easily tear into your Wade comparison with the same vigor you're giving the Pierce comparison. Easily.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Thad Young is putting up nice numbers in Brooklyn, this season. Paul Milsap, Giannis, Tobias Harris, Otto Porter Jr., Julius Randle, T. Jones...there are some options out there I think.

I'm not saying move JV for the sake of moving him, but if you go all in on DeMar with a max contract then you have to commit to a system and roster that maximizes what he and Lowry give you. I think the coaches have been doing their best to get JV to fit into that system, but it means diminishing some of his strengths. Being that he is a vaulable commodity that doesn't fit naturally into the system we run could he be used to get someone or assets that help the team in the long run?
                                Are you suggesting that you would trade JV for Thad Young to make things work better with DD?

Young can't spread the floor, might as well start JJ.

Giannis, Harris, Porter - none of them are PF options really that would work better next to DD than JV.

Randle's is about 10 feet - how is that better?

None of these guys would fit any better than JV.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X