Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • Funny.

    Comment


    • R.o.y 2013.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

      Comment


      • enlightenment wrote: View Post
        R.o.y 2013.
        hope so. i would be very satisfied if he was in the conversation for it.

        Comment


        • Boxscore


          L. Rytas wins in VTB game - 72-61.

          JV stat line:

          28:22 minutes

          16 points (6/8 fg, 4/5 ft)
          6 rebounds
          1 assist
          3 blocks
          5 turnovers (ouch)
          3 fouls (7 received)
          18 efficiency

          Comment


          • Well turnovers is the stat we should be worried less of all of those, he is relatively young and you don't need talent to avoid that, just hard work and experience. But at this moment, yeah, it's a problem of his.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

            Comment


            • Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Boxscore


              L. Rytas wins in VTB game - 72-61.

              JV stat line:

              28:22 minutes

              16 points (6/8 fg, 4/5 ft)
              6 rebounds
              1 assist
              3 blocks
              5 turnovers (ouch)
              3 fouls (7 received)
              18 efficiency
              Highlights:




              Jonas with an authority statement at 1:03! I like it!

              Comment


              • Jonas definitely knows how to use his elbows in the block, lol. Magloire-esque! I love how he doesn't shy away from contact.

                I don't remember the last time we had a prototypical, 7-foot centre on this team. Rasho was more of a face-up guy, and Antonio Davis was undersized. Eric Montross maybe?

                Comment


                • not to rain on the JV parade but I think he gets called for those elbows in the NBA
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                  Comment


                  • thead wrote: View Post
                    not to rain on the JV parade but I think he gets called for those elbows in the NBA
                    Then he adapts.

                    I also think he gets called for moving screens on a lot of the ones he sets - I think he'll adapt to that as well.

                    Comment


                    • Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Then he adapts.

                      I also think he gets called for moving screens on a lot of the ones he sets - I think he'll adapt to that as well.
                      I wonder how much one-on-one coaching he gets next year. Who on the Raps staff will be working with him. One would think, without a lot of friends or family in TO, that he has the time to put in the gym practising on this type of skill set transition.

                      I'm in the camp that says he doesn't need a tone of time before he is NBA ready. Is it too early to start a little pool to see how long before he reaches 20 minutes a game? I'm thinking early January at the latest.

                      Comment


                      • Puffer wrote: View Post
                        I wonder how much one-on-one coaching he gets next year. Who on the Raps staff will be working with him. One would think, without a lot of friends or family in TO, that he has the time to put in the gym practising on this type of skill set transition.

                        I'm in the camp that says he doesn't need a tone of time before he is NBA ready. Is it too early to start a little pool to see how long before he reaches 20 minutes a game? I'm thinking early January at the latest.
                        I wouldn't be surprised if he averages 20+mpg right out of the gates. I'd rather throw him in there from day-1, rather then easing him along slowly. Actually, I'm hoping he starts from day-1.

                        Young players need experience, which is hard to gain by sitting on the sidelines.

                        Comment


                        • Puffer wrote: View Post
                          I wonder how much one-on-one coaching he gets next year. Who on the Raps staff will be working with him. One would think, without a lot of friends or family in TO, that he has the time to put in the gym practising on this type of skill set transition.

                          I'm in the camp that says he doesn't need a tone of time before he is NBA ready. Is it too early to start a little pool to see how long before he reaches 20 minutes a game? I'm thinking early January at the latest.
                          Wasn't it Scott Roth who said to him in the Draft special on RaptorsTV that he had worked with Pau Gasol in Memphis? So I'd go with Scott Roth.

                          I think he starts immediately and is averaging 20 minutes per game from the beginning. He'll be given the DeMar treatment. This is only my opinion but he will quickly be better than Amir. The only thing holding me back from saying it now is 1) he's never played in the NBA and 2) he will likely need time to adapt to the style of the NBA versus Europe and international competition.

                          Comment


                          • Raptor porn

                            Well Valančiūnas hits back, and he hits back hard. Hard enough, so that you see opposing players curl up, go limp and lose their aggressiveness. Valančiūnas looks every bit like a franchise NBA center and if there was redraft of the 2011 draft knowing what we know now, I anticipate that he would be the consensus selection for the 2nd pick. There may even be a couple of GMs who would make arguments about selecting him in front of Irving.
                            How did these two Euros, who may have deserved to be selected as the 2nd and 3rd pick in the draft, slip like they did?
                            Toronto may have landed a franchise center, the white rhinos of NBA prospects, and Chicago may have found a way to provide a substantial infusion of talent to its roster via a low first round selection.

                            Source



                            Comfort for the weary Raptor fans among us.

                            Comment


                            • Very encouraging to hear.

                              When I hear "franchise centre" I think Shaq, Duncan, Howard. I hope I'm not getting my hopes up

                              Comment


                              • That would be epic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X