Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    So what's JV rim protection is like? Opp. FG% at the rim?
    As per NBA.com

Less Than 6 Ft
    OppFG% 59.4
    Usual Opp FG% 60.4
    Diff -0.9

Less Than 10 Ft
    OppFG% 52.3
    Usual Opp FG% 55.3
    Diff -3.0

Greater Than 15 Ft
    OppFG% 44.4
    Usual Opp FG% 37.0
    Diff 7.4
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Not great this year - he still contests a huge number of shots, so his points saved is still decent, but his opponent Fg% is sky high - probably a statistical blip that will go away due to the small sample so far, because last year in a much larger sample he held opponents below 50% (he's up closer to 60% this year).
      gotta say it's an odd year for that. Can't count the number of sky-high floaters guys have forced up over him (i.e. a relatively good contest) that have dropped. I know from experience playing the 5 how frustrating that is, lol.

Anyways, I wonder if the change in defensive scheme has an effect as well.
      Last edited by KHD; Tue Jan 5, 2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• I actually got pretty annoyed last night on multiple plays where tt would put up a little floater in the lane and jv just watched and waited for a rebound instead of getting a hand up when he was plenty close enough

Comment

• I'm going to ask this, and it seems like a weird move....

But when we play JV/BB together, why not use JV at the 4 and BB at the 5?

I've noticed Casey like to use his 4 with BB as a floor spacer.... and one play we use a lot is a kickout play. JV has a good mid-range game. In fact, I suspect JV is a pretty good shooter due to the fact I've seen him shoot 3's during warm-ups. Why not use the "mid-range kickout" for him like we do Scola?
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            I'm going to ask this, and it seems like a weird move....

But when we play JV/BB together, why not use JV at the 4 and BB at the 5?

I've noticed Casey like to use his 4 with BB as a floor spacer.... and one play we use a lot is a kickout play. JV has a good mid-range game. In fact, I suspect JV is a pretty good shooter due to the fact I've seen him shoot 3's during warm-ups. Why not use the "mid-range kickout" for him like we do Scola?
            We don't though.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              We don't though.
              I heard we did versus the Hornets. (Didn't see the game).
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                I heard we did versus the Hornets. (Didn't see the game).
                Jonas has played 5:55 with Anthony Bennett, tenth player listed in his 2-player lineups. If he's played with Biz, it's less than that.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Jonas has played 5:55 with Anthony Bennett, tenth player listed in his 2-player lineups. If he's played with Biz, it's less than that.
                  They've literally played zero minutes together.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...roupQuantity=2
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    They've literally played zero minutes together.

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612...roupQuantity=2
                    Had not used that particular search feature on nba.com, nice. The stats section on that site has so many fantastic little features that are hard to find.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Had not used that particular search feature on nba.com, nice. The stats section on that site has so many fantastic little features that are hard to find.
                      Yeah. NBA.com is great but definitely hard to find all the great uses for it. Think they would put a bit more effort into it really. They should make videos of someone trying to teach Barkley how to use them all. Would be funny.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        I completely understand the frustration that many here have and let me just say that if the offence was designed around JV, I think he would produce at a high level. Like 20 and 10 with high fg%. But I also think that style of offence is no longer a winning style in the NBA. At least not in the playoffs.I think you get run out of the gym with that style now.
                        This, the only team that has consistently ran that style is Memphis and their pretty much done.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Modeliukas wrote: View Post
                          And Probably for his own good. He will achieve nothing with the coach like Casey and this team cause he is not being effectively utilized. Although of course JV himself is not perfect defensively he always had problems, he will be overpaid and so overrated if he doesn't improve next season. Again as a starter he doesn't perform that much better than Biyombo.
                          I, agree with your position. That neither is helping the starting line up but, what BB brings fits more with how the team wants to play.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            This, the only team that has consistently ran that style is Memphis and their pretty much done.
                            What style can work? We heard for years how "run and gun" can't win. Then it was "small ball" can't win. Now it's "post scoring"?

There are multiple ways to build a successful team. Most of the great teams all play good defence (limiting 3PA, containing drives and contesting at the rim) but the offences are varied. While they share similarities (good ball movement, good shooting), they are not so easily placed into a category.

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I, agree with your position. That neither is helping the starting line up but, what BB brings fits more with how the team wants to play.
                            The bold might be the bigger issue.

Comment

• i just want jonas to be happyy
                              OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                                i just want jonas to be happyy
                                I just want senpai to notice me.

"Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X