Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
    haha now thats funny. The Saints will be lucky to win 6 games
    You want to bet? They'll win more than 6 games... If everything goes as planned

    Comment


    • rocwell wrote: View Post
      You want to bet? They'll win more than 6 games... If everything goes as planned
      They won 7 last year and got better. It would be a very smart bet for you.
      @Chr1st1anL

      Comment


      • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        They won 7 last year and got better. It would be a very smart bet for you.
        Its August. Every armchair GM thinks they "got better"

        I'll take that bet Rocwell. OU 6.5 wins, name your stakes
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Its August. Every armchair GM thinks they "got better"

          I'll take that bet Rocwell. OU 6.5 wins, name your stakes
          Saints have never won less than 7 games during the Drew Brees/Sean Payton era. Which is 10 years and counting. Also have never had 3 straight losing seasons.
          @Chr1st1anL

          Comment


          • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            How am I criticizing JV? I said his play here will have no effect on his play in the NBA. JV just had a tough couple weeks of basketball. Just cause I don't believe in this "burn out" theory doesn't mean I'm hating on him. JV is allowed to struggle it's part of the game. You guys don't need to make an excuse for every single situation.

            Also a torn groin is way worse than anything JV went through during this long gruelling season where he only played 72 games in total and Bogut played 92.
            My hope is that it does have an effect on his play. That it actually does make him take the game more seriously. Not that he isn't already, but I doubt it would hurt if he did even more.

            Now do I think it will negatively effect him, not at all.

            Comment


            • Oran wrote: View Post
              My hope is that it does have an effect on his play. That it actually does make him take the game more seriously. Not that he isn't already, but I doubt it would hurt if he did even more.

              Now do I think it will negatively effect him, not at all.
              I agree with you. Stuff like this usually motivates players. That's why I don't like the excuses.
              @Chr1st1anL

              Comment


              • In the same vein as the pics posted for Sully and DeMar, JV made two lists, with a special appearance by Bismack AND Sully in one of them:



                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post
                  In the same vein as the pics posted for Sully and DeMar, JV made two lists, with a special appearance by Bismack AND Sully in one of them:



                  Damn JV is that high for offensive rating? That's crazy. Also I would have thought JV and Sullinger would have both been higher than Biz on rebounds per 48 mins because they are both very good rebounders. But thinking back Biz was an amazing rebounder as well so I guess it makes sense.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                  Comment


                  • Where are you guys finding these stats? The one Chr1st1anL posted about Demar was kind of pointless to me just because Demar isn't an efficient offensive player so who cares how many points he scores.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                    Comment


                    • GLF wrote: View Post
                      Where are you guys finding these stats? The one Chr1st1anL posted about Demar was kind of pointless to me just because Demar isn't an efficient offensive player so who cares how many points he scores.
                      He isn't efficient by any metric, though he is effective given the rudimentary offense we run and the sheer volume of possessions he is allowed to use. If such a stat exists, I would like to see ORTG stats that don't take freethrows into account.

                      Comment


                      • GLF wrote: View Post
                        Where are you guys finding these stats? The one Chr1st1anL posted about Demar was kind of pointless to me just because Demar isn't an efficient offensive player so who cares how many points he scores.
                        Alex Kennedy is tweeting them out. Example link:

                        https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexKenne...80806965399552
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • Sinbad wrote: View Post
                          He isn't efficient by any metric, though he is effective given the rudimentary offense we run and the sheer volume of possessions he is allowed to use. If such a stat exists, I would like to see ORTG stats that don't take freethrows into account.
                          That's basically eFG%. Why would you not want to include free throws?

                          He's pretty efficient by TS% especially considering his usage.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • GLF wrote: View Post
                            Damn JV is that high for offensive rating? That's crazy. Also I would have thought JV and Sullinger would have both been higher than Biz on rebounds per 48 mins because they are both very good rebounders. But thinking back Biz was an amazing rebounder as well so I guess it makes sense.
                            Biz was a very good rebounder, and also had the added advantage of a) playing beside Patterson, who is a weak rebounder and b) playing primarily against opposing bench players.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post
                              That's basically eFG%. Why would you not want to include free throws?

                              He's pretty efficient by TS% especially considering his usage.
                              I wouldn't want to include free throws because what constitutes a foul can vary from game to game depending on the opposition and the officiating crew, and completely changes once the playoffs roll around. Nothing against DeMar, but FTs are a huge part of his game and noticeably beefs up his TS%. I had forgotten about eFG%, but I once heard Detroit Isiah Thomas say that eFG% is a better indicator of shot selection. I tend to agree with that.

                              Edit: I looked up eFG% on basketball-reference. It doesn't include FTs, and it weighs 3's heavier than 2's since they're worth more.

                              eFG% over the last 3 seasons:

                              Lowry: .511, .476, .516 [Has shot an eFG% above .500 3 times-- twice as a Raptor]

                              JV: .531, .572, .565 [And he has yet to record a sub .531 eFG% for his career]

                              DeRozan: .452, .426, .463 [Has only shot an eFG% above .486 once-- his rookie season]

                              You're right. TS% definitely is kinder to DeRozan as it puts more emphasis on freethrows. Otherwise...yikes. And its crazy that if not for Lowry's body falling apart two years ago he would have three straight years of +.500 eFG%. For a starting scoring PG, that's really good.
                              Last edited by Sinbad; Sun Aug 28, 2016, 02:35 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Sinbad wrote: View Post
                                I wouldn't want to include free throws because what constitutes a foul can vary from game to game depending on the opposition and the officiating crew, and completely changes once the playoffs roll around. Nothing against DeMar, but FTs are a huge part of his game and noticeably beefs up his TS%. I had forgotten about eFG%, but I once heard Detroit Isiah Thomas say that eFG% is a better indicator of shot selection. I tend to agree with that.

                                Edit: I looked up eFG% on basketball-reference. It doesn't include FTs, and it weighs 3's heavier than 2's since they're worth more.

                                eFG% over the last 3 seasons:

                                Lowry: .511, .476, .516 [Has shot an eFG% above .500 3 times-- twice as a Raptor]

                                JV: .531, .572, .565 [And he has yet to record a sub .531 eFG% for his career]

                                DeRozan: .452, .426, .463 [Has only shot an eFG% above .486 once-- his rookie season]

                                You're right. TS% definitely is kinder to DeRozan as it puts more emphasis on freethrows. Otherwise...yikes. And its crazy that if not for Lowry's body falling apart two years ago he would have three straight years of +.500 eFG%. For a starting scoring PG, that's really good.
                                But taking free throws out of the equation takes away the one thing that Derozan is actually elite at which is getting to the line and making free throws. Crews vary from game to game and year to year but if a player shows that he's able to consistently get to the line at a high rate then it means that it's something that player is good at regardless of officiating. Free throws are a part of the game and that's why ts percentage is a better way to look at overall efficiency.

                                That being said this is the first year you can look at Derozan's ts percentage and say he was pretty efficient. Let's hope he can keep it up.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X