This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    [*]If a player is waived with more than 1 year remaining on his contract, any team placing a bid must have enough cap space to absorb the waiver. For example, if Player X is waived with 3 years remaining on his contract, a team must have no more than 37 years of cap space assigned to make a waiver claim.
    I didn't realize that this was an official change (I vaguely remember seeing it mentioned in one of Dan's posts). Few questions for clarification.

Are all current outstanding cap figures in play for this season or are we starting with a "clean slate" for all waiver/FA pickups? I assume this doesn't come into play with the auction.

What about amnestied players, standard rules apply or is there a separate procedure?

Is the "hit" list going to be maintained on its own within the cap sheet/yahoo or will we need to scroll through everyone's cap sheet before placing waiver claims? If there is a clean slate as per my first question, how will someone tell the difference on the cap sheet from a clean slated player and a more recently dropped player?

Does claiming a player with years remaining automatically sign that player for that duration, or can they be maintained on a 1 year deal despite the outstanding years owed by another team?

Do players ever fully clear waivers?
    If a player has 3 years tied to him, and he sits unclaimed for the season, does he enter the next season with 2 years remaining or would he be deemed "cleared waivers" and be a regular UFA? Would a full season wait be too long?
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I didn't realize that this was an official change (I vaguely remember seeing it mentioned in one of Dan's posts). Few questions for clarification.

Are all current outstanding cap figures in play for this season or are we starting with a "clean slate" for all waiver/FA pickups? I assume this doesn't come into play with the auction.

What about amnestied players, standard rules apply or is there a separate procedure?

Is the "hit" list going to be maintained on its own within the cap sheet/yahoo or will we need to scroll through everyone's cap sheet before placing waiver claims? If there is a clean slate as per my first question, how will someone tell the difference on the cap sheet from a clean slated player and a more recently dropped player?

Does claiming a player with years remaining automatically sign that player for that duration, or can they be maintained on a 1 year deal despite the outstanding years owed by another team?

Do players ever fully clear waivers?
      If a player has 3 years tied to him, and he sits unclaimed for the season, does he enter the next season with 2 years remaining or would he be deemed "cleared waivers" and be a regular UFA? Would a full season wait be too long?
      Once a player clears waivers he does not have any years attached to him.

The team who waived the player with 3 years and he gets picked up no longer has e years counting against his cap.

Amnestied players are UFA.

Cap sheets have to be updated as we go. A quick cross check between the cap sheets and transactions in yahoo! Will quickly identify the contract years remaining. There are 3 commishes, I doubt anything gets past us.

Yes if you pick up a waived player with multiple years remaining you are on the hook. To get him for just one year you would have to wait for him to clear waivers first time and then out in a bid. For example, player Y waived on Monday with 4 years, You pick him up Tuesday you're on the hook for 4 but if he is available Tuesday after clearing you can put in bid/claim for Thursday.

The rule change majority voted for will see players continuously on waivers. However only waiver that adds original contract of multiple years is the first waiver.

Once player clears waivers his old contract is on the books of former team. Anyone who picks him up decides his new contract.

Comment

Once a player clears waivers he does not have any years attached to him.

The team who waived the player with 3 years and he gets picked up no longer has e years counting against his cap.

Amnestied players are UFA.

Cap sheets have to be updated as we go. A quick cross check between the cap sheets and transactions in yahoo! Will quickly identify the contract years remaining. There are 3 commishes, I doubt anything gets past us.

Yes if you pick up a waived player with multiple years remaining you are on the hook. To get him for just one year you would have to wait for him to clear waivers first time and then out in a bid. For example, player Y waived on Monday with 4 years, You pick him up Tuesday you're on the hook for 4 but if he is available Tuesday after clearing you can put in bid/claim for Thursday.

The rule change majority voted for will see players continuously on waivers. However only waiver that adds original contract of multiple years is the first waiver.

Once player clears waivers his old contract is on the books of former team. Anyone who picks him up decides his new contract.
        All how I understood it.
        Thanks for doing all of that! You're the man Matt!.. er... mcHappy. Haha (Your identity is safe with me.)

Comment

• Sounds good. Thanks for clarifying.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• DanH and Mack: looks like that Bogut trade became Bogut for Bennett straight up!

Jordan Crawford has agreed to sign with CBA's Xinjiang Flying Tigers. He has already arrived in Urumqi and started training. hupu.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.gaVYbPzg.dpuf

Comment

DanH and Mack: looks like that Bogut trade became Bogut for Bennett straight up!
              Fate has spoken. Fly free, Jordan! Fly free...

So I take it I am stuck with Crawford's salary on my cap? I recall I signed him for 1 year.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Fate has spoken. Fly free, Jordan! Fly free...

So I take it I am stuck with Crawford's salary on my cap? I recall I signed him for 1 year.
                Crawford would count as a year, yes.

Comment

• Blech.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Thats a pretty extenuating circumstance though ... there was no indication that Crawford would be out of the league ... I'd be willing to waive that year from the books if others agree. Not a huge deal, but I'd be pretty cheesed by that.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Thats a pretty extenuating circumstance though ... there was no indication that Crawford would be out of the league ... I'd be willing to waive that year from the books if others agree. Not a huge deal, but I'd be pretty cheesed by that.
                      I think we all face risks when assigning years. Not being in the league is one of them.

Kind of similar to the Bynum situation in that years are assigned but he isn't in the league anymore. I forget who had him, but should the owner get his amnesty back?

Comment

• Having a player leave the NBA is no different than having a guy go down with injury. I had to waste a roster spot on Noel last year so that I could keep him even though he did not play a single minute. Are we going to come up with injured player exceptions now?
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I would have to agree with McMatt on this one only because the Sept 1 signing deadline is late enough in the NBA offseason that any player still not under NBA contract should be deemed high risk by that owner.

Comment

• I also agree that the year should still count. It was the risk I was taking when I was trying to lock up roster spots before free agency.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Alright, alright, was just trying to be nice ... Sorry guys. Hahaha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Alright, alright, was just trying to be nice ... Sorry guys. Hahaha
                                No room for nice in Dynasty!

Comment

Working...
                                X