This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    6 yrs for 6 yrs trade. Nice and easy for the commish calculations.
    Thanks!

We were about to set up a conference call to figure it out.

Nice trade for both sides by the way.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      11 straight since I beat you 1st week! That's pretty damn impressive. You must have forgotten whats its like to lose between this and Keeper! :P
      Haha It's been a good run! But between facing you in Keeper, and facing Mack in Dynasty, my run may come to an end haha

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
        Haha It's been a good run! But between facing you in Keeper, and facing Mack in Dynasty, my run may come to an end haha
        I know a way to ensure that doesn't happen.....

At least not in dynasty.

Comment

• Always open for business
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Even the NBA doesn't allow trades for nothing....

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Always open for business
              Come on and step up, Joey. What can I get ya? An expiring Center for your playoff run? A risk-reward SF? A former Raptor? All shapes and sizes welcome at the Axel Trading Bonanza!!

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                As I told Axel, I've scoured all teams here. Made deals with many already. Know what most teams want and are looking for. Know if we can deal or not.

I can't get any response out of drizz, jbml, or KIR. So because of that Axel had cap space and he gets Parker because I want to sign Warren for 3 years and only have a couple of days to get it done.

I wouldn't be bothered if drizz, jbml, or KIR rejected the offers - not at all. However there is nothing. If people aren't actively involved in the league, WTF you in for?
                We all know this had nothing to do with years and that you really just secretly hate Tony Parker with a passion. First you trade him for Samuel Dalembert and then when you get him back years later, you trade him for absolutely nothing. You've been found out mcHAPPY.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                  If we had exceptions, I would have just created a 2 year exception.

So yeah, the NBA does allow trades for nothing..... if a team doesn't use the exception.

Also I did get something: I received 2 years of cap space which I gave to T.J. Warren (in addition to the 1 year I had already allocated - 3 year deal total; his family is elated).
                  I think he meant you got nothing in return. In the NBA, you can't trade a player for nothing (or for cap space, or for just a TPE). You must receive a pick, prospect, cash, or player in return. Of course, the cap room is probably the closest we can get to that cash equivalent, since I imagine it would be very hard (or impossible) to keep track of traded waiver money.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• FYI, I'm open for business as well.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I think he meant you got nothing in return. In the NBA, you can't trade a player for nothing (or for cap space, or for just a TPE). You must receive a pick, prospect, cash, or player in return. Of course, the cap room is probably the closest we can get to that cash equivalent, since I imagine it would be very hard (or impossible) to keep track of traded waiver money.
                      Not impossible. I've actually thought about doing exactly that.
                      Would just be an addition to the cap sheet we have now, where if you trade Cash, we note it next to your name, and I subtract it before Free Agency. I think we would have to limit how much cash could change hands, but its not out of the question ...

Edit: Having had a look, I can actually go in and edit the current Waiver budgets .. so we could do Cash from the current years Budget, or from the following Years Draft Budget.

Edit 2: .... I can give $999,999,999 for Waiver budgets ... and we've been working with a measly $200! Wouldn't it be kinda cool to do something like $2,000,000 each instead of $200 next year ... or is that just me being tired and sleep deprived?
                      Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 22, 2015, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Not impossible. I've actually thought about doing exactly that.
                        Would just be an addition to the cap sheet we have now, where if you trade Cash, we note it next to your name, and I subtract it before Free Agency. I think we would have to limit how much cash could change hands, but its not out of the question ...
                        To line up with the NBA, you'd want to set a minimum and maximum each team could trade. The minimum in the NBA required for a cash-only transaction is 2.5% of the annual max, and the max is about 3M - or about half of what an MLE player gets. I'd peg MLE guys at around $100 value based on the draft this fall, meaning maybe you make $50 the max you can trade in a season, and $1 the minimum (obviously) you need to MLE cash your only outgoing asset in a trade. Or you could exaggerate it to prevent frivolous inclusion of cash (a bunch of $1 deals would be annoying to keep track of) and make the minimum more like $10.

Of course, this is just thinking out loud.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          To line up with the NBA, you'd want to set a minimum and maximum each team could trade. The minimum in the NBA required for a cash-only transaction is 2.5% of the annual max, and the max is about 3M - or about half of what an MLE player gets. I'd peg MLE guys at around $100 value based on the draft this fall, meaning maybe you make $50 the max you can trade in a season, and $1 the minimum (obviously) you need to MLE cash your only outgoing asset in a trade. Or you could exaggerate it to prevent frivolous inclusion of cash (a bunch of $1 deals would be annoying to keep track of) and make the minimum more like $10.

Of course, this is just thinking out loud.
                          Literally exactly what I had in mind. Min - $10, Max - $50.

Comment

• Yeesh, you know you talk too much CBA stuff when your iPad autocorrects "make" to "MLE".
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Feel free to take $10 off this years waiver budget and assign it mcHappy if it would assuage any concerns regarding the legality of the trade.

FWIW, I don't think we want to get into the business of altering budgets leading into the auction. Auction is complicated enough to prepare for. So any cap provision should be same year only. Any offseason deals would be "cash to be named later"

Comment

• A second FWIW, I agree with mcHappy that the cap space is an asset in itself and realistically holds more value than waiver cash.

Comment

Working...
                                X