This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody just step away from the forum ... Lol

Fully, I'll be leaving your team with you for the time being. Will follow up with you later perhaps?

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
      Just want to clarify that I'm not pissed off or anything. But as an adult, if I'm going to take part in something that is strictly for fun/enjoyment, then I expect to actually experience those things, have my opinion respected, be able to have rational discussions without tantrums being thrown, and for the playing field to be as fair as possible, etc.

The rules seem to have gotten convoluted, the fun has been sucked out of it, and I don't want to write paragraph after paragraph defending myself or my opinion…. over a friggin' fantasy league with no actual cash on the line! Seriously, it's just not worth my time at this point when all that is at stake is bragging rights with people that I generally like, but don't really know.

And considering half the league seems to have tuned out, maybe I'm not the only one.
      That's fair enough. It doesn't necessarily seem like it. It very much seems like a rash decision based on the convo.

If you want to walk away, obviously we aren't going to kidnap you and force you to play (at least, we won't tell you about it if we decide to do that). I just think that there is no reason to make that decision today. Even this week. Perception gets shifted quite easily. Sleeping on it might make all the difference. I also don't think mcHappy is having a tantrum. He has an opinion, some agree and some don't and he is getting defensive since it seems like we aren't talking about the issue in question, but about what he did. I know that is splitting hairs, but it makes the world of difference.

Personally, I like the rules and the learning curve. It's what makes this league unique and challenging. But you are right, perhaps we are in the fair minority since many don't seem to chime in often. But then again, the people who don't chime in, don't visit the RR that often. So perhaps it has less to do with the league, and more with the location of the discussion.

Anyways, hopefully you change your mind Brett.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• This isn't something that I'm going to reconsider after I 'cool down' because I'm honestly not mad. It's just not worth the headache at this point.

Probably for the best to get the ball rolling on a new owner so my line ups get updated every day and it avoids whoever is playing me from having an easy win.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          But I agree Axel. If people have issues they would like to table to the league, from now on, please post them on the Yahoo League Page, and they will be addressed once appropriate feedback has been received.
          So if we want to do something that isn't covered by the rules in anyway, we are to table it on yahoo and wait for opinions? But, as I mentioned, time keeps moving. How long do we wait for opinions that may or may not be coming? Which is why, for the sake of timely decisions, you 3 commissioners should decide the fate of these types of in-season discussions. Odd number ensures a decisive vote and you are all active members, ensuring a timely decision.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            So if we want to do something that isn't covered by the rules in anyway, we are to table it on yahoo and wait for opinions? But, as I mentioned, time keeps moving. How long do we wait for opinions that may or may not be coming? Which is why, for the sake of timely decisions, you 3 commissioners should decide the fate of these types of in-season discussions. Odd number ensures a decisive vote and you are all active members, ensuring a timely decision.
            That is a good suggestion.

Comment

• And to the issue to the legality of the trade, the NBA has TPE, this is basically the same thing. The difference really being that the TPE gets applied to waivers to ensure compliance with the full roster rule.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                That is a good suggestion.
                My brilliance is all natural. No HGH necessary

Comment

Precisely what I meant.

Immediate decision on legality can be rendered. Long term effects can be tabled further until the off-season, until more feedback from the rest of the league comes in.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                    We've had disagreements on forums of late.
                    Your suggestions of money have not been well received - but I've warmed up.
                    You've stated you play a lot of leagues, all for money.

If I've given you excuse to get out - you're welcome.

Telling someone how to run their team is not acceptable in my books - which is what you did. It has been done by a few owners to me this season and I do not appreciate it at all. Especially when I've won 5 of 6 weeks.

I don't see point in begging you/him to stay.
                    You need to relax. I didn't tell you how to run your team. I thought the Parker trade was quote-unquote illegal, and I wanted a clarification on the rule, or at the very least have a discussion about some of the implications that could come along with 1 for 0 deals, even if this one didn't have them. And then you kind of freaked out.

Like I said, you guys can figure out who takes my team (or I can pick, it makes no difference) but I'm pretty sure one of you guys will have to switch things on the back end so the new manager will have control of my roster (and I will no longer see it w/ my account).

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Precisely what I meant.

Immediate decision on legality can be rendered. Long term effects can be tabled further until the off-season, until more feedback from the rest of the league comes in.
                      Ok cool. Glad to add something more than colourful images to the league.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        jbml:

On yahoo! page click "League"

Click "Managers"

Your email that is on file is there.

Is it the right one?
                        mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        For anyone with email difficulty and previous suggestions not worked:

Click "basketball '14"
                        Click "fantasy profile"
                        Click "change profile information"

And change your email or reset as primary
                        This got buried - bump

Comment

And to the issue to the legality of the trade, the NBA has TPE, this is basically the same thing. The difference really being that the TPE gets applied to waivers to ensure compliance with the full roster rule.
                          You cannot trade a player into a TPE unless you receive something tangible (besides cap room) back as well, such as a pick or prospect's rights, in the NBA. Just to be clear. Not taking a side on this issue, but if the argument is going to be fidelity to the NBA, this type of 1-for-nothing deal is not going to qualify.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                            And by the way, this was private message with fully:

So just about everyone had a chance at those players.

Don't understand the rationale of leaving an owner with one avenue to shed a contract.
                            You obviously don't understand the issue I was trying to discuss. I'm also not sure how you can equate a trade of a first round pick for Parker with a trade where you give away Parker for absolutely nothing, but I digress..

This was never about me being bitter that I didn't get Tony Parker, lol. And if the group consensus was that the trade between you and Axel should go through I would have gladly moved on immediately. I just think it's a slippery slope when you start allowing one for none trades (and I laid out a few reasons as to why), and we should have had a reasonable discussion as a group and decide whether or not we were going to allow it.

I, and a couple others apparently, assumed that a trade like that would not be allowed even though there's no explicit rule on it, while you, and a couple others apparently, assumed the opposite. Hence, it's probably worth the discussion so we all get on the same page. I think that's a reasonable thing to do. Put it to a vote, have the 3 commissioners hash it out, whatever. Just do something instead of rushing out to pull off two more trades just like it and then getting your back up at anyone who asks what is going on.

I never once told you how to run your team. I think it's hilarious that you are trading Gorbert for Ibaka, giving away Parker to sign D-Leaguers and considering yourself a genius. Go nuts. I just think a quality league is one where everyone is on the same page with rules and the like.
                            Last edited by Fully; Mon Jan 26, 2015, 12:02 AM.

Comment

The problem I see with this has already happened. I made one of those trades with mcHappy and got Pekovic. Am I now going to be unbiased? No. That's why I've tried to stay quiet on the matter for the most part because I know my opinion is skewed.
                              I could argue that by me waiving Cole who has 3 years left and getting Pekovic for 2, my return is now a 5 year cap hit for Pekovic over the next 2 seasons I have him and thats what I traded for him. But really did I give anything to mcHappy in return? If not does that make it illegal even though I'm taking such a huge hit by taking Pekovic?
                              2 of the 3 commissioners were involved with this and so obviously we would out vote Joey. This topic specifically needed to be brought up to the entire league.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote:
                                Parker allowed me to sign a d-leaguer in Capela. I think he has potential - my team, my right. The odds are overwhelmingly in favor that Your or tucas' pick or just about any pick is essentially going to be a d-leaguer. You obviously don't understand cap space is an asset in this league. Get up to 39/39/40 years and see what you think. You laid out your reasons and I replied addressing them. Unfortunately you didn't seek to discuss further, just complain that deal was wrong and state what should be.
                                I specifically asked people to weigh in though, so he's not "Complaining", he's sharing his opinion on the matter; which just so happens to run counter to yours. To say he doesn't understand the that Cap Space is an asset, is to say that the NBA doesn't understand that either. It makes sense for people (myself included) to see fault in these types of deals, despite your rebuttals.

And to say a protected-pick would do; did you find someone willing to put a protected pick on the line?

Comment

Working...
                                X