• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fair enough.
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• drizz is alive!

In all the drama business still needs to get done.

I'm at cap but equal years out and equal years in so all good as per CBA.
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        drizz is alive!

In all the drama business still needs to get done.

I'm at cap but equal years out and equal years in so all good as per CBA.
        You are going to have the youngest team ever. Too bad none of those draft picks carry protections to bump them into next year.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          You are going to have the youngest team ever. Too bad none of those draft picks carry protections to bump them into next year.
          Protection on picks is something that needs to be clarified at some point as well as future picks.

I very much think once the latest round of changes/clarifications are made we need to implement a process for resolving objections or disagreements on rules in CBA.

Thus far we have two suggestions - one by Axel and one by me. Anyone else have an idea?

I really believe this is the most pressing matter at this time. I think if that was in place we avoid a lot of disagreements of late.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            I very much think once the latest round of changes/clarifications are made we need to implement a process for resolving objections or disagreements on rules in CBA.
            Agreed; however, objections and disagreements with the CBA are different than inconsistencies or ommissions that need to be addressed/ cleared up.

Once a rule has been agreed upon, I don't think there should be any changing it unless there is a very obvious hole, conflict or unforeseen negative consequence. If someone just doesn't like a rule that shouldn't be cause to change it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              Agreed; however, objections and disagreements with the CBA are different than inconsistencies or ommissions that need to be addressed/ cleared up.

Once a rule has been agreed upon, I don't think there should be any changing it unless there is a very obvious hole, conflict or unforeseen negative consequence. If someone just doesn't like a rule that shouldn't be cause to change it.
              There are rules and then there are operating policies.

Something like 40 years for the cap is a rule. Changing this rule changes the league.

Something like the changing the off season dates is more of an operating policy. Changing the dates does not change the league nor does it negatively impact anyone's current strategy. As stated previously it is an attempt to keep interest in to late September/early October and it also allows people to keep flexibility regarding possible sign and trades. Given when it was pulled out of the current record of votes it was 5-4 in favour of the change, I think there is merit to the discussion.

But it has been put aside for now. So lets finish current business, address how to deal with changes or rule clarifications, and then get to the less important stuff.

Comment

• 3 No
                5 yes
                6 no
                7 no

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                  3 No
                  5 yes
                  6 no
                  7 no
                  Thanks man!

Any position on 4a?
                  Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 31, 2015, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• UPDATE:

1) In Season Minimum Roster Limit
                    Can go under 15 - Cap hold (1 year) placed for any roster spot not filled - intent to fill a.s.a.p via Waiver Wire

Yes: mcHAPPY, tucas, Axel, skywalker, Joey, WJF, DanH, koncept, Mack North
                    No:

PASSED WITH 9 VOTE MAJORITY

__________________________________________________ __________________

2) Off Season Maximum Roster Limit
                    No Max Limit - Have Roster to 15 or less 7 days prior to FA auction

Yes: mcHAPPY, tucas, Axel, skywalker, Joey, DanH, koncept, Mack North
                    No:
                    Withheld: WJF

PASSED WITH 8 (of 15) VOTE MAJORITY

3) Legality of Trading a Player for Capspace/ Years (1 for 0 Trades)
                    Officially known as "the Parker Ammendment"

Yes: mcHAPPY, tucas, Axel, skwalker, WJF, DanH, koncept, Mack North
                    No: Joey, jbml

4) Limit to Number of Waiver Adds Per Week in Season/Playoffs

a)Limit to Adds in season
                    Yes: Axel, skywalker, Joey, WJF, koncept, Mack North
                    No: mcHAPPY, tucas, DanH

b)Limits to Adds in Playoffs
                    Yes: mcHAPPY, Axel, skywalker, tucas, Joey, WJF, DanH, koncept, Mack North
                    No:

5) Buying-in / Money Pool
                    The "Money Bags Ammendment"

Yes: Joey, koncept, Mack North, jbml
                    No: mcHAPPY, tucas, Axel, skywalker, WJF, DanH

6) Transactions that are Unclear or not Explicitly banned by CBA are Fair Game
                    The "Loop-hole Ammendment" or "The Fair Game Clause" (both sound cool! Lol)

Yes: mcHAPPY, tucas, koncept
                    No: Joey, DanH, WJF, Mack North, jbml

7) Adding a player without an NBA contract (usually going to be foreign draft pick, i.e. owning rights)
                    The "Stash Clause"

Yes: skywalker, Joey, WJF, DanH, koncept, Mack North
                    No: mcHAPPY, Axel, tucas, jbml

QUESTION FROM JOEY: Is The Stash Clause looking to allow Managers to carry players "Rights" without charging said player to the Cap?
                    Or just to be able to own a player even if they don't technically play in the NBA?

Comment

• Favors on the Trade to the Monstars: "Happy to be going to a Real Contender."

Comment

• Wow.

Big trade at the top of standings.

Nice.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Favors on the Trade to the Monstars: "Happy to be going to a Real Contender."

Well we face each other next week so that should settle that.

It's a shame to see Mo Williams go. He was a great asset. Dropped 52, was a top 50 player for a while in place of an injured Rubio, but now with him injured and Rubio back again it was time to see him go. The cluster of resignable players for next season has been cleared up by dealing Favors, only to create a slightly smaller cluster for this season by adding Al Jeff. Needless to say Tucas TuneSquad will be looking to make more deals as the deadline approaches but the team's biggest concern of trading one of the big 3 - each with 2 years on their deal remaining- has been dealt with.

Gortat anyone?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            Well we face each other next week so that should settle that.
                            LOL I was just messing around, look forward to our match up!

Comment

• But really though giving up Favors was tough, that trade must have sat there for a month, being repurposed every time it expired. He's been a beast this season and is so much more consistent than what he's been in the past. Long term, this trade is yours Joey.
                              Last edited by tucas; Sat Jan 31, 2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• thanks for the invite. i am getting accustomed to the cba and my team.

Comment

Working...
                                X