Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully Mack can get the message across.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      I try my best everytime I see the guy or talk to him! lol Just texted him a real nasty one, if I don't hear back I'll call him tonight and tell him he's livin' on the edge of gettin' the ol heave-ho sooner than later.
      Thanks dude!

Comment

• Rather than keep this in the private messages, I'm airing this here for all to read.

It was brought to my attention that I didn't play Gobert and Vucevic last night so I have shouldn't be concerned with KIR benching Curry.

There are a few differences, in my opinion:
        1) I had every roster spot filled with players who had games last night,
        2) I traded assets with the speculation they might be lottery picks - a guy intentionally not setting lineups is hurting that - I don't think that is right,
        3) If you send me a trade request you will get a response in a day if not much sooner.

I've experienced this league as a winning owner and a losing owner. I'm never going to question who plays on your roster and who doesn't but I do have a problem with not being actively involved or benching guys. When I start benching Gobert and Vucevic with no one else playing, feel free to call me on it.

Comment

• Well fellas, it looks as though we need a new owner. KIR cannot spend the time he thought he could on this league, so he said to go ahead and let someone else buy the team.

The new owner can just PM me and I'll send him the details on how to e-transfer me the money. Clippers just sold for over $2B, and since KIR is reigning champ, his team should go for at least the same. Translate that into RR money, and I think $20 bucks should do it. Or a 12 Pack of bud...

*edit Maybe just give til the end of the day to re-consider.
          Last edited by Mack North; Thu Feb 5, 2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Rather than keep this in the private messages, I'm airing this here for all to read.

It was brought to my attention that I didn't play Gobert and Vucevic last night so I have shouldn't be concerned with KIR benching Curry.

There are a few differences, in my opinion:
            1) I had every roster spot filled with players who had games last night,
            2) I traded assets with the speculation they might be lottery picks - a guy intentionally not setting lineups is hurting that - I don't think that is right,
            3) If you send me a trade request you will get a response in a day if not much sooner.

I've experienced this league as a winning owner and a losing owner. I'm never going to question who plays on your roster and who doesn't but I do have a problem with not being actively involved or benching guys. When I start benching Gobert and Vucevic with no one else playing, feel free to call me on it.
            ...I never said you shouldn't be concerned mcHAPPY. But once again, you taking what I say in Private Messages between Commissioners, or what I believed to be a private conversation between the 3 Commissioners, into the public forum is not something I appreciate.

Comment

Well fellas, it looks as though we need a new owner. KIR cannot spend the time he thought he could on this league, so he said to go ahead and let someone else buy the team.

The new owner can just PM me and I'll send him the details on how to e-transfer me the money. Clippers just sold for over $2B, and since KIR is reigning champ, his team should go for at least the same. Translate that into RR money, and I think $20 bucks should do it. Or a 12 Pack of bud...

That's a shame about KiR, Mack. Considering he's got Lebron and Steph Curry, I say we have a dispersal draft ... Haha

But ya stay on him, and see if he can't stick it out.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                ...I never said you shouldn't be concerned mcHAPPY. But once again, you taking what I say in Private Messages between Commissioners, or what I believed to be a private conversation between the 3 Commissioners, into the public forum is not something I appreciate.
                Any time you insinuate others are not happy with me or indirectly question my integrity or character I am going to raise it to the league.

If you don't appreciate that don't make insinuations or question my methods when I am highly active as an owner and a commisioner.

Nothing personal here - just reality.

Comment

Well fellas, it looks as though we need a new owner. KIR cannot spend the time he thought he could on this league, so he said to go ahead and let someone else buy the team.

As Joey stated maybe check back in a day or two. If he still isn't interested, there are active RR members who expressed interest in joining before.

Comment

• Just so I'm clear on this, mcHappy benched two of his better players in favour of lesser players? All for the purpose of helping his draft position(s)?
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Any time you insinuate others are not happy with me or indirectly question my integrity or character I am going to raise it to the league.
                      I never insinuated anything. Nor did I indirectly question anything either.
                      I did however, directly question how your suggestion of Commissioners setting Managers lineups for them would be received, when one of the Commissioners tasked with doing so feels it is sound, honest management to play Bruno Caboclo and Clint Capella over Nik Vucevic and Rudy Gobert. So if your integrity can justify that, then cool, but I certainly wasn't questioning it.

mcHAPPY wrote:
                      If you don't appreciate that don't make insinuations or question my methods when I am highly active as an owner and a commisioner.
                      I will address this in PM.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        Just so I'm clear on this, mcHappy benched two of his better players in favour of lesser players? All for the purpose of helping his draft position(s)?
                        I set my lineups with active players.

Who I choose to play and why are my decisions - same as anyone else. Sometimes we even have "start active players" making decisions we question. Sometimes we see add/drops that are interesting from another owners perspective.

If we need to add a rule whereby you must play the highest ranked players, let's get something out there and vote on it. I think we are into a slippery slope though.

I was opposed to guys not setting their lineups last year winning and I am this year losing. Just like the nba there are many viable strategies to building a winning team. Some of those methods are controversial in the nba and probably here as well. This is a dynasty league. Decisions are made beyond this season and that is a huge part of the fun - at least for me.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          I never insinuated anything. Nor did I indirectly question anything either.
                          I did however, directly question how your suggestion of Commissioners setting Managers lineups for them would be received, when one of the Commissioners tasked with doing so feels it is sound, honest management to play Bruno Caboclo and Clint Capella over Nik Vucevic and Rudy Gobert. So if your integrity can justify that, then cool, but I certainly wasn't questioning it.

I will address this in PM.
                          And the bold is the heart of the matter. You disagree with my choice of who to play. Sorry but that isn't your concern - or anyone else's. Not setting lineups or being inactive as an owner is my concern. How a person chooses to mange a dynasty team that goes on for years is not the issue.

As I stated when floating the suggestion, if an owner disappears for a period of time (I said a week), there are two likely possibilities:
                          1) they are blatantly tanking in which case that would certainly stop owners from doing it and make it fair for the league,
                          2) something has come up in their lives that has caused them to be unable to be active in which case they would likely be grateful someone has his back.

So yes, my integrity can handle that just as numerous GMs and owners in the NbA - including Masai, Leiweke, and MLSE - can handle that.

Comment

• Joey says I cause too much drama and others are complaining.

Sorry guys. Just trying to keep an active league with open transparency. I'm not a fan of innuendo and would rather lay cards on table than passive aggressive digs.

So with that Joey has turfed me as commish but as stated to Joey I'll gladly keep doing all the things I've done such as draft, cap thread, off season resigns records unless someone else keeps on top of it. None of it is hard so shouldn't be an issue to get it done.

Comment

I set my lineups with active players.

Who I choose to play and why are my decisions - same as anyone else. Sometimes we even have "start active players" making decisions we question. Sometimes we see add/drops that are interesting from another owners perspective.

If we need to add a rule whereby you must play the highest ranked players, let's get something out there and vote on it. I think we are into a slippery slope though.

I was opposed to guys not setting their lineups last year winning and I am this year losing. Just like the nba there are many viable strategies to building a winning team. Some of those methods are controversial in the nba and probably here as well. This is a dynasty league. Decisions are made beyond this season and that is a huge part of the fun - at least for me.
                              I don't think the problem here is not that you should be starting your highest ranked players, but rather you should at least start players you know will play. By playing Bruno or Capella with other players on your bench it is no different from plugging inactive players or not setting your lineups at all. If you choose not to play your best players that's one thing, but at least start players that will play.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                                I don't think the problem here is not that you should be starting your highest ranked players, but rather you should at least start players you know will play. By playing Bruno or Capella with other players on your bench it is no different from plugging inactive players or not setting your lineups at all. If you choose not to play your best players that's one thing, but at least start players that will play.
                                We've got Dario Saric on a team.

Is there any chance he plays this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X