This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    If anyone has any input ideas for next time, let me know.

Key differences will be:
    - won't be a last minute idea rushed to complete like last year
    - better defined draft rules for pick deadline/timing
    - better defined rules for gameplan write ups

Open to new format ideas as well.
    Champ keeps his team, and everyone drafts to defeat it ..

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Yeah, it was a lot of work but definitely worthy of being a top RR annual tradition.
      I think you're supposed to let other people say that, not the guy that created it ... but you're right. Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        I think you're supposed to let other people say that, not the guy that created it ... but you're right. Haha
        But they don't know how much work, so they couldn't
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hey Ax.

If possible, I have a suggestion.

We can run the teams that we create through whatifsports.com for accurate results about the outcomes.

I can do this if wanted, I'd just need each player's prime season and what-not. PM me if you'd like this to happen. This way we get to see actual stats and game breakdown.

Whatifsports is awesome, and will do this with almost very sport too. So if you ever wanted to do a Legacy League with any of the Big 4..... just an idea, you know.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Been reading this thread in full (taking a while but plenty of laughs) to try and see what lessons learned I can take from it.

Few key issues we had with the draft that will need to be resolved:
            - reasonable expectation for draft pick submission (checking in every 4 hours? 12 hours?)
            - planned absences and the use of pick list vs waiting
            - wait list for replacing MIA members

All of these are very much the same issue, but bullet points are key to making a good impression.

With the actual tournament games, I have already given thought and will implementing new restrictions on the gameplan and adjustments submitted (both length and content).

The other main thing to consider is overall the number of teams. We did 16 last year, with rosters of 8. I think we will easily get 20+ people interested this year, so expanding overall is a good possibility. So depending on how patient people are willing to be with the draft, we can really expand this as much as necessary. There was also some support for expanding to 9 man rosters last year, but I don't think that can really be decided upon until we know how many teams we are having, as it exponentially extends the draft.

EDIT - note to self - read up to page 81 of thread

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
              Hey Ax.

If possible, I have a suggestion.

We can run the teams that we create through whatifsports.com for accurate results about the outcomes.

I can do this if wanted, I'd just need each player's prime season and what-not. PM me if you'd like this to happen. This way we get to see actual stats and game breakdown.

Whatifsports is awesome, and will do this with almost very sport too. So if you ever wanted to do a Legacy League with any of the Big 4..... just an idea, you know.
              I did actually consider that at one point. I went away from it for a couple of reasons.

1. I wanted to create a RR league, not reliant on outside sources to give a fun and immersive topic to help us through the dog days of summer. By having the games go to vote, all RR members can participate by voting and posting in the games. This gives us an unique summer activity that can't be replicated and gives an avenue for RR activity during the down time of offseason.

2. Sites like that often limit how many teams you can create or would require the coordination of multiple log ins. Just using RR gives us complete freedom as necessary.

3. A single elimination tournament is different than the typical fantasy seasons (of which RR has many).

4. The sim sites incorporate additional factors like minutes, strategies and subs that would need to be set by each member. The game thread posting allows each member to simply speak for themselves.

Comment

• I was always a bit curious about whatifsports, but always too lazy to try it out. I agree, I prefer us judging ourselves, not rely on any stats simulation. Like they say, lies, damned lies and statistics.

Comment

• I'm still gonna use whatifsports to judge my team out though against other teams, just to see how we compete with everything and maybe to judge my own voting..... which is what I had planned. I didn't want to go away from the voting element at all.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Another thought that came up is that instead of doing a bracket tournament, re-randomize the matchups after each round, so no one will feel impacted by playing the winner when they vote, provide equal time for people to prepare for their next opponent and to add an element of excitement/drama. There were a few comments either way on this point.

Also, simultaneous adjustments posting, so both guys would have to submit it to a power that be (Apollo, Joey, myself, etc).
                    Last edited by Axel; Thu Apr 7, 2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X